Frosh | Syracusefan.com

Frosh

shu 49

All Conference
Gotta say Watson, Willis, and Barnes are amazing players who have Pro potential in my eyes. We won with Allen but cant say Willis didnt play great and could have won it for us with the chance. Watson does great job not grttingpushedoff line and see's back and disengages well to make play. Does need a bit better pass rush technique but that will come with time.

Gotta say Watson, Willis, and Barnes are amazing players who have Pro potential in my eyes. We won with Allen but cant say Willis didnt play great and could have won it for us with the chance. Watson does great job not grttingpushedoff line and see's back and disengages well to make play. Does need a bit better pass rush technique but that will come with time.
I love Watson’s bull rush. VERY impressive strength for true frosh. A full year in weight room and he could be a Jones/Bromley like factor for us At DT.

Year 3 we are making the playoffs. Team will be loaded by then. Fran knows what he's doing. It's amazing what he's accomplished in less than a year.
We won’t have McCord in year 3.

So many passing plays gives the oline valuable experience. Barring injuries we should get better each game. Rushing is another matter.

McCord is one of the best quarterbacks this program has ever had so it is admittedly unlikely.
But the exposure McCord is and will get will attract some high quality guys and show that Fran Brown is legitimate. McCord is going to dwarf his Ohio State numbers by a massive margin, due to Fran Brown. What QB wouldn't drool at 50 throws a game in a dome?

But the exposure McCord is and will get will attract some high quality guys and show that Fran Brown is legitimate. McCord is going to dwarf his Ohio State numbers by a massive margin, due to Fran Brown. What QB wouldn't drool at 50 throws a game in a dome?
I do think if anyone can replace a quarterback the quality of McCord it’s HCFB.

Issue is, does another McCord exist? How many coaches are going to be crazy enough to make a massive mistake like Day and let a top tier guy walk out the door. OSU is doing pretty great with Howard but I have to imagine day is kicking himself for letting his idiot boosters run a guy out the door who delivered an 11-1 season.

To think about it, if he can get McCord as a DB coach in his first year at one of the least successful schools in the past 20 years, I don't know if there is anyone he couldn't get to play here.

It's early, I know people felt great about Dino early on but this is so much different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom