Frost update to UCF | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

well if it is true, which it seems to be so, the rest of the chips should fall today right? Coyle will announce that they hired Ash which would send the board into meltdown or he will pull a rabbit out of his hat that no one expected.
I would think SU has a hire within 48 hours. Either Barber, Ash, or someone out of left field that hasn't been leaked

Hey Coyle your bluff on Ash DIDN'T WORK. Frost was definitely his first option. I am not upset at all though. I didn't want him.

I just want our BOT/Syverud to give Coyle the $$$ to get who he wants.

VirginiaOrange said:
Babers pretty much said yesterday that he is not going anywhere.

He has a championship game Friday.

Wait until Saturday.

Just go hire Ed Orgeron. He WANTS to be here and can recruit. Stop chasing unicorns. Obviously we just got really played by UCF. I drove by that campus last week. If Frost has stepped foot on that campus, he's a complete lunatic for choosing that commuter school over Syracuse University.

Hey Coyle your bluff on Ash DIDN'T WORK. Frost was definitely his first option. I am not upset at all though. I didn't want him.

I just want our BOT/Syverud to give Coyle the $$$ to get who he wants.
You want the BOT/Syverud to pony up for who Coyle wants, while stating that #1 just walked away. Bad news, Coyle already didn't get the needed $.

well if it is true, which it seems to be so, the rest of the chips should fall today right? Coyle will announce that they hired Ash which would send the board into meltdown or he will pull a rabbit out of his hat that no one expected.

We haven't even hired a new HC yet but people are going off the deep end. Wow.

Let's see what happens before people start complaining. I trust Coyle and Syverud will make a great hire. Have a little faith.
I think some of you guys would spin it if Frost choice Minnesota-Duluth over us. Fact is, we are not regarded highly and I'm willing to bet pay is one of the big reasons.
Let's ste
Just go hire Ed Orgeron. He WANTS to be here and can recruit. Stop chasing unicorns. Obviously we just got really played by UCF. I drove by that campus last week. If Frost has stepped foot on that campus, he's a complete lunatic for choosing that commuter school over Syracuse University.
I agree 100%!! We want a guy who wants the job period.

I think some of you guys would spin it if Frost choice Minnesota-Duluth over us. Fact is, we are not regarded highly and I'm willing to bet pay is one of the big reasons.
I am willing to bet that this time SU dug deeper with pay - the program is simply not viewed as a winning proposition right now.

Frost to UCF as head coach...open up the check book. Or is this the next move to a chess game?

Last edited:
You want the BOT/Syverud to pony up for who Coyle wants, while stating that #1 just walked away. Bad news, Coyle already didn't get the needed $.
We have no clue what we offered Frost and what UCF offered.

If UCF gave him more than 2.5 and 5 years then we did fine.

All I expect SU to offer is 2.5 million, 5 years, and 3 million assistant budget.

If SU did that we did fine. How is it bad news if UCF gave more. I won't overpay for this gamble hire.

If we can't pay the market rate for a DI coordinator, first time HC, then we would be absolutely crazy to spend $400 million to update the Dome. If we continue to go cheap our won-loss record is going to continue to suffer and the fanbase will continue to shrink. Is the BOT so delusional that they think we can run an ACC program with MAC money?

Guys, remember, everyone and I mean everyone during the season wanted a guy who has been a HC before, can recruit and gets Syracuse. The amnesia towards these requirements chasing Scott Frost is out of control.

Go get Orgeron and be done with this. He satisfies all the boxes and actually puts the southerners on notice that SU has a good ole boy recruiting in the big leagues. Why is this obvious to me and no one else. Is Orgeron that damaged? I mean Clay Helton was just hired at USC. He's the Orgeron decision if Haden was smart before hiring Sark.

Guys, remember, everyone and I mean everyone during the season wanted a guy who has been a HC before, can recruit and gets Syracuse. The amnesia towards these requirements chasing Scott Frost is out of control.

Go get Orgeron and be done with this. He satisfies all the boxes and actually puts the southerners on notice that SU has a good ole boy recruiting in the big leagues. Why is this obvious to me and no one else. Is Orgeron that damaged? I mean Clay Helton was just hired at USC. He's the Orgeron decision if Haden was smart before hiring Sark.

I don't disagree. I think Orgeron would do fine here. I think we are all in love with the fact of having a potentially exciting offense. Not that we couldn't get that with Eddie O but it seemed more likely with Frost.

Is the recruiting really all that much better at UCF? Sure, they're in Florida, but they're also basically only getting the recruits that every other Florida school doesn't want (right now anyways, I suppose if Frost works his ass off, he could start making a crack in the recruiting there). Syracuse has outranked UCF in recruiting every year since 2011.

If we can't pay the market rate for a DI coordinator, first time HC, then we would be absolutely crazy to spend $400 million to update the Dome. If we continue to go cheap our won-loss record is going to continue to suffer and the fanbase will continue to shrink. Is the BOT so delusional that they think we can run an ACC program with MAC money?

This!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom