Frost update to UCF | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

Better weather. Better recruiting ground, more recent success. Not crazy

An AAC school! I don't give a rat's butt about weather. We should not be losing our #1 choice to an AAC school!

Has to be the latter right?
Honestly, people will freak but really hard to say. Didnt we just interview 2 guys sunday? No one knows and theres probably a lot of strategy which goes on from both sides. Agents making it seem like their clients have more interest then they do. Schools maybe throw smoke screens as well. Who knows.

Bar is set low. Nothing but upside. Good weather. Good recruiting. Probably better money too.

I don't buy that at all. He was up in Oregon for 7 years for goodness sake. Oregon isn't known for their great weather or their great recruiting. It's the money. We obviously couldn't beat out the offer from an AAC school!

I don't buy that at all. He was up in Oregon for 7 years for goodness sake. Oregon isn't known for their great weather or their great recruiting. It's the money. We obviously couldn't beat out the offer from an AAC school!

He was at Oregon but he's trying to make a name as a head coach. That's different than an OC.

If his ultimate goal is the Nebraska job, then this might make sense. Hot recruiting territory, weaker competition and can't help but improve their record.

An 0-12 AAC school
Easy turn around, good recruiting area, and he wants to go back to Nebraska. I can see the appeal to going to UCF over Syracuse for sure

I can see it now...Scott Frost in his first year as head coach took an 0-11 UCF team to the toilet bowl with a 6-6 record. He'll be considered a star.

Taking the orange colored glasses off for a sec,
Great weather
Fertile recruiting
New facilities
Easy admissions
Win 7 games 2 years in a row there and he picks his next job. Can't blame him.

I'd love to say it's a smokescreen, but, it's the first time anything somewhat legit has been put out there with his name on it.

If true, extremely disappointed.

So, what you're saying is we are a dead end school, with no hope of having a coach make a name for himself while he's here. Got it.

I did not say that. I'm saying it's an easier turnaround at UCF than it is in the ACC when you have Clemson and Florida State on your schedule every year. The reward is much higher for the Syracuse job but the job is tougher for sure.

And you don't accept a HC position thinking about another, so cut that excuse.

This isn't some gd elaborate setup with the end game being Nebraska.

:sigh

It makes logical sense, ESPECIALLY if his final goal is Nebraska. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck though...

Or is this Frost's way of playing hardball with Coyle? Does Frost have any buddies at UCF who would leak this for him to up the ante at Cuse? At the end of the day, it's a business.

well if it is true, which it seems to be so, the rest of the chips should fall today right? Coyle will announce that they hired Ash which would send the board into meltdown or he will pull a rabbit out of his hat that no one expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom