Frost update to UCF | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

We have no clue what we offered Frost and what UCF offered.

If UCF gave him more than 2.5 and 5 years then we did fine.

All I expect SU to offer is 2.5 million, 5 years, and 3 million assistant budget.

If SU did that we did fine. How is it bad news if UCF gave more. I won't overpay for this gamble hire.

Well, we should see soon. If he got less than $2/yr and 5 years, I will flip my lid. It will certainly mean we are not serious.

I don't disagree. I think Orgeron would do fine here. I think we are all in love with the fact of having a potentially exciting offense. Not that we couldn't get that with Eddie O but it seemed more likely with Frost.

Yeah, I think this is what it boils down to for me. Do we have any idea that Orgeron would run anything other than a pro-style offense? You can obviously make that work, but I'd rather go to some sort of spread attack in the Dome. Other than that, Orgeron does check a lot of boxes.

Do we have any confirmation on who has interviewed?

- Frost
- Ash
- Babers?
- Sanford?

Guys, remember, everyone and I mean everyone during the season wanted a guy who has been a HC before, can recruit and gets Syracuse. The amnesia towards these requirements chasing Scott Frost is out of control.

Go get Orgeron and be done with this. He satisfies all the boxes and actually puts the southerners on notice that SU has a good ole boy recruiting in the big leagues. Why is this obvious to me and no one else. Is Orgeron that damaged? I mean Clay Helton was just hired at USC. He's the Orgeron decision if Haden was smart before hiring Sark.
I am in.

I honestly I am not upset one bit with not getting Scott Frost. He was a gamble hire. That isn't a good fit at Syracuse right now.

I will be pissed if we hire Chris Ash. Like this.

upload_2015-12-1_8-43-44.jpeg

Go get Babers or Doc Holliday.

Guys, remember, everyone and I mean everyone during the season wanted a guy who has been a HC before, can recruit and gets Syracuse. The amnesia towards these requirements chasing Scott Frost is out of control.

Go get Orgeron and be done with this. He satisfies all the boxes and actually puts the southerners on notice that SU has a good ole boy recruiting in the big leagues. Why is this obvious to me and no one else. Is Orgeron that damaged? I mean Clay Helton was just hired at USC. He's the Orgeron decision if Haden was smart before hiring Sark.
Never once made the statement that HC was a prerequisite, because, I don't believe that it is. Leaders are leaders.

I'm beginning to agree with this. Frost is the sexy hire because I think people have this vision of him turning SU into Oregon East. He'll be gone the second he gets a chance leaving us flailing again. Eddie O has that all important HC experience, and is a proven recruiter where we need him to be.

I don't disagree. I think Orgeron would do fine here. I think we are all in love with the fact of having a potentially exciting offense. Not that we couldn't get that with Eddie O but it seemed more likely with Frost.

we are wayyy too fascinated with offense right now. Let's get fascinated with winning. I'd take those boring BC Tom O'Brien 8-4 seasons every day right now. That's what we should be looking for. Enough w the sexy, let's bring some winning back. If the winning returns we can get cosmetic w how it comes about. This program is sooo far down that we are putting the cart before the horse. WIN any way u can.

I honestly I am not upset one bit with not getting Scott Frost. He was a gamble hire. That isn't a good fit at Syracuse right now.

I will be pissed if we hire Chris Ash. Like this.

View attachment 54052

Go get Babers or Doc Holliday.
Doc Holliday is literally on nobody in America's radar.

So . . . . as someone pointed out we're the Yankees. Just without the sustained excellence.

Is Orgeron that damaged?
Syracuse football fans have suffered for nearly 15 years and you want them to get excited over a DL coach who in his one stint as a HCrecruited decent classes but didn't win?

Not all of us said that.

But my point goes beyond whether the candidate was a previous HC or not. My point is that we should not be losing hiring battles to an AAC school. If he was our No. 1, then the incentive should have been there to get him to sign. I don't buy the weather and recruiting ground arguments. This has got to be a money issue. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I'm doubting it.

Frost to UCF makes sense and doesn't mean we were outbid.

He recruits FL for Oregon. He can quickly turn around a winless team that probably wasn't as bad as the record (wheels fell off that bus quickly). He has recruiting advantages over every team in the league except maybe Houston.

More than any other candidate, he has a known goal and needs a resume building stepping stone job to get there. UCF is perfect. His dream job already knows his name well so they're already paying attention

When I first heard it I was surprised. The more I think about it, it makes perfect sense. It's not a Kansas level winless rebuild. I doubt we were outbid and it doesn't make sense for us to overpay.

We have no clue what we offered Frost and what UCF offered.

If UCF gave him more than 2.5 and 5 years then we did fine.

All I expect SU to offer is 2.5 million, 5 years, and 3 million assistant budget.

If SU did that we did fine. How is it bad news if UCF gave more. I won't overpay for this gamble hire.
Nate Mink said in a comment to a story was that SU'S top dollar amount WAS $1.8 MILLION

Doc Holliday is literally on nobody in America's radar.
Which means we can afford him. Holliday can recruit FL and has HC experience.

I would take 5 years of Holliday over a coordinator hire.

elimunelson said:
we are wayyy too fascinated with offense right now. Let's get fascinated with winning. I'd take those boring BC Tom O'Brien 8-4 seasons every day right now. That's what we should be looking for. Enough w the s e xy, let's bring some winning back. If the winning returns we can get cosmetic w how it comes about. This program is sooo far down that we are putting the cart before the horse. WIN any way u can.

Because we've been trying to do it with defense for 20 years (give or take). The game has changed and we have a chance to finally hire a dynamic offensive CFB guy.

I don't want to wait 4 more years.

He recruits FL for Oregon. He can quickly turn around a winless team that probably wasn't as bad as the record (wheels fell off that bus quickly). He has recruiting advantages over every team in the league except maybe Houston.

More than any other candidate, he has a known goal and needs a resume building stepping stone job to get there. UCF is perfect. His dream job already knows his name well so they're already paying attention

When I first heard it I was surprised. The more I think about it, it makes perfect sense. It's not a Kansas level winless rebuild. I doubt we were outbid and it doesn't make sense for us to overpay.
It doesn't mean we were not either. Based on history that is the probable answer.

Overpay? OVERPAY? Just pay the market value, which we never seem to do - we are always impressed with ourselves for offering 80-90% of market value.

They may have provided a more friendly buyout as well. We'll find out soon i guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom