Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected)

Because I heard it from people who asked me not to since things were ongoing? And I'd prefer not to have people stop feeding me info by immediately running out and posting it?

Besides - I've been hinting at this for the past 24 hours. I spelled it almost entirely out.
I hope you will soon have a hint that leads to Syracuse hiring an offensive minded coach and NOT Ash. (And no disrespect to Ash, he's probably the best pure recruiter of the 3-4 coaches being discussed.)

TWO years? Ha. right off with that.

Attachments

• image-1784976095.jpg
    image-1784976095.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 77
At least Frost didn't proclaim it to be his "dream" job. He was basically telling it straight: I know I'm hot, and will light up the Dome for a couple years to raise the profile of your program. In return I want an out if I'm successful, even if you'll feel "stepping stoned". If not, you'll want me out anyway, so this will make it easier. That's the chance both sides take. Not sure I agree with not taking the gamble here. Sounds like UCF did. We'll find out. But I actually like Frost's moxie here more than Coyle's cautiousness.
I take something in between the above and "dream job"

Asking for two years is ridiculous. College coaches can't work on the last year of their contract because it would be impossible to recruit, so he would basically have to leave, get an extension, or get fired after one year. He's banking on Nebraska firing their coach next year and him doing well enough for them to hire him with one year of head coaching experience. That doesn't seem like a very smart decision on his part.

Alright lesson learned I'm just going to sit in a padded room till this is all over there's so much misinformation couchburn
It's actually not bad advice for all of us.

Everyone's sanity would be much closer to being intact if the board was locked for about 10-12 hours immediately following every piece of info that comes out, to make sure ALL the info starts getting out before people rush to assumptions and conclusions.

Niko Timurian just said on Channel 3 that the disagreement was over an out clause, not the money. Frost wanted to leave when the Nebraska job opened. We weren't a stepping stone. We were a Lilly pad.
A410FVLeapingFrog-LR.jpg

I want a coach who actually wants to be here.

How long until Nate Mink updates his story on syracuse.com with non-bull information?

I don't believe the $1.2 million figure. That feels like false info to me. $1.8 to $2 million sounds about right for a $20 million football budget.

I'm believe Mike Riley will thrive at Nebraska as he gets more of his style of player's into the program. He was rarely a great recruiter at Oregon State but his teams always outperformed their recruiting rankings. He would routinely have the 9th best recruiting class and finish 4th in the conference. He ought to be able to do better at Nebraska where he can recruit better players. I'll be surprised if they will need Scott Frost any time soon.

[QUOTE="I'm a bit surprised by the number of leaks from Manley... Kent's search, while admittedly out of the public spotlight, was a lot more clandestine.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Coyle has one or more mole's somewhere in his operation he needs to clobber. Mole's make his job more difficult and as we've seen: embarrassing.

the embarrassment wouldve been hiring asht.

the moles did him a favor.

3-9, 4-8, inability to count...
you forgot to mention 7-6, and oh yeah...we're probably hiring someone with the exact same resume'

So lets see what his buyout is at UCF after year 2, see if what McCallister is saying was accurate. Also, for those saying they dont want SU to be a stepping stone, only way to avoid that is to grossly overpay.

Thank you Mr Coyle. Glad to see some sense was used.
Sense?? What are you talking about?? He's an idiot hamstrung by the BOT, who couldn't hire his way out of a paper bag. He should be fired. Immediately.

Or so I read...

[QUOTE="I'm a bit surprised by the number of leaks from Manley... Kent's search, while admittedly out of the public spotlight, was a lot more clandestine.
Yes, Coyle has one or more mole's somewhere in his operation he needs to clobber. Mole's make his job more difficult and as we've seen: embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

Why would he be embarrassed about the Frost negotiation?
It sounds like Frost wanted a two year contract and Coyle wanted him to commit to a longer deal.
How do you know that somebody from Coyle's office didn't leak actual contract information to McAllister to refute bs contract information that was intentionally leaked by someone in Oregon?
Whoever spread those illegitimate contract details should be embarrassed.

Yes, Coyle has one or more mole's somewhere in his operation he needs to clobber. Mole's make his job more difficult and as we've seen: embarrassing.

Why would he be embarrassed about the Frost negotiation?
It sounds like Frost wanted a two year contract and Coyle wanted him to commit to a longer deal.
How do you know that somebody from Coyle's office didn't leak actual contract information to McAllister to refute bs contract information that was intentionally leaked by someone in Oregon?
Whoever spread those illegitimate contract details should be embarrassed.[/QUOTE]

Damage was done after the Oregonian leak to the PS and nothing printed since that leak has really caught on in the media.

Sometimes it's better to be first in this day and age than right.