Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected)

orangeinjersey said:
So lets see what his buyout is at UCF after year 2, see if what McCallister is saying was accurate. Also, for those saying they dont want SU to be a stepping stone, only way to avoid that is to grossly overpay.

Cmon. There's being a stepping stone because you've had success and there's going in on a two year deal with one foot out the door. Frosts counter is a joke.

Cmon. There's being a stepping stone because you've had success and there's going in on a two year deal with one foot out the door. Frosts counter is a joke.

That tells me he didn't want the job at all and he knew we would pass. That is just as bad as a flat turndown IMO.

Why would he be embarrassed about the Frost negotiation?
It sounds like Frost wanted a two year contract and Coyle wanted him to commit to a longer deal.
How do you know that somebody from Coyle's office didn't leak actual contract information to McAllister to refute bs contract information that was intentionally leaked by someone in Oregon?
Whoever spread those illegitimate contract details should be embarrassed.

Damage was done after the Oregonian leak to the PS and nothing printed since that leak has really caught on in the media.

Sometimes it's better to be first in this day and age than right.[/QUOTE]

The P-S article was about Nate Mink just grabbing someone else's story because he doesn't have any contacts at SU. And he didn't even confirm if the story was true, either because he's lazy or because he doesn't have any contacts at SU. Great job, P-S!!!

The truth about the contract info is going to come out. When it does, people are going to learn to not jump to conclusions and make lemonade in their pants.

For people who deal with multi million dollar, high profile contracts, this is part of the game so I don't know how much damage this has actually inflicted on anyone except members of this forum.

CuseOnly said:
That tells me he didn't want the job at all and he knew we would pass. That is just as bad as a flat turndown IMO.

Tells me he was looking at Nebraska the whole time and just wanted to tick the HC box.

How long until Nate Mink updates his story on syracuse.com with non-bull. . . . information?

Well, its nearly 12 hours since Mink's story was posted. No update yet. The pissing match between the PS clowns and the AD's office seems to be a critical backstory. Can the relationship get so toxic that it torpedoes one or more potential hires? Standby Kenneth.

Nate Mink did say in a comment that pay was going to be around 1.8 million in which I have posted a few times. He should have dug up more info instead of letting the $# hit the fan.

That was a about 4 days ago when I read his comment to question in a story. Buried way down in of course

Out of curiosity, does Shafers last year of his contract keep the initial first year offer down plus if he gets another job, does SU still have to pay him or would he be "volunteering" his time? Personally, I hope he can keep the cash no matter what.

I like the new rumor a lot better than the old rumor!

All these threads and people crying and ranting today over 2 topics that might not even be true. Some people should consider editing their posts.

or stop posting their knee-jerk reactions every time they disagree with rumors. And, yes, most of the information is simply rumors.

Wrong, Wake Forest is the Kansas of the ACC.

I feel like the state of Alabama... as long as there is the state of Mississippi, there will always be someone (state) worse than us. Thank you Wake Forest for being our Mississippi!

...or stop posting their knee-jerk reactions every time they disagree with rumors. And, yes, most of the information is simply rumors.
I'd like to introduce you to ... the internet. It's a strange, wild, and wonderful place.

There are a lot of ways to turn an offer down without saying no, I don't want to come to Syracuse. One way is to make contract demands that you know the other side can't possibly meet. Had we agreed, he would have come up with some other deal killer.

Frost was using us. I am surprised, that we got that far down the road without realizing it. Live and learn I guess.

Crusty said:
There are a lot of ways to turn an offer down without saying no, I don't want to come to Syracuse. One way is to make contract demands that you know the other side can't possibly meet. Had we agreed, he would have come up with some other deal killer. Frost was using us. I am surprised, that we got that far down the road without realizing it. Live and learn I guess.

For what? He looks worse than we do.

Crusty said:
How so? He wound up with what he wanted. We are the only ones who are offended.

He made a silly demand, looked transparent, went to an"easier job" in a lesser conference for the same kind of money (rumor). Turned down a P5 job with an easier route to the playoffs. I think that's why they leaked that low number.

It's the equivalent of tanking in the NBA. Smart? Maybe. Honorable? Nope.

He made a silly demand, looked transparent, went to an"easier job" in a lesser conference for the same kind of money (rumor). Turned down a P5 job with an easier route to the playoffs. I think that's why they leaked that low number.

It's the equivalent of tanking in the NBA. Smart? Maybe. Honorable? Nope.
the only dishonorable thing that might've happened is if his contract demands came out of left field at the 11th hour after generally agreeing to be our coach

nothing dishonorable about taking UCF if they pay him just as much and give him more flexibility.

2 years isn't a stepping stone, it's a lilly pad.

How is Frost going to recruit on a 2 year contract? "Come to UCF, I won't be here by the time you get here, but come anyway..."

Millhouse said:
the only dishonorable thing that might've happened is if his contract demands came out of left field at the 11th hour after generally agreeing to be our coach nothing dishonorable about taking UCF if they pay him just as much and give him more flexibility.

If the goal is Nebraska, he made he right move.

If your goal is to build a program into a national contender, he failed. Even a low P5 has a better shot at the playoffs than UCF. We've out recruited them and we've sucked.

Like I said, he's smart - but it's like tanking in the NBA. You might come out okay and get your LeBron or you might end up being Philly.

If the goal is Nebraska, he made he right move.

If your goal is to build a program into a national contender, he failed. Even a low P5 has a better shot at the playoffs than UCF. We've out recruited them and we've sucked.

Like I said, he's smart - but it's like tanking in the NBA. You might come out okay and get your LeBron or you might end up being Philly.
jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

Just watched the Frost UCF presser. Perhaps I'm biased based on what happened, but I'm not impressed. He did make reference to timeline as to how long to turn it around.. Mentioned it could be 2 years, could be 4 years. Perhaps slight dig at us, he wanted to go to a school where he could recruit the kind of athletes that could run a fast system. Being in the middle of Florida definitely checks that box more easily.