Frustrating thing from the Press Conf | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frustrating thing from the Press Conf

I think you missed the point of my post.

Marrone was pretty clear - he itends to make chages on offense.

I was responding to the notion that the change that is needed is the move to the spread.

That's it.

With all do respect, that's not what you wrote. You typed the line: "So, the answer is not so much the spread, but the athletes." I agree with you, simply moving to a spread doesn't guarantee offensive success or big plays. I just don't think you can argue that the system isn't just as much an issue here as the talent. If we have NFL talent, we have a better offense. I get that. But we could have a much better offense than we had, regardless.

Where were those NJ HS coaches P's last few years? And Rice/Greene weren't NJ.

Yeah, people forget this. P had moved his focus to MD by the time he got canned. And it never felt like it was by choice.

I said this at the game the other day and not many people agree with me but, I think it is a waste of time trying to "own" NYC recruiting. Very few good players come out of there and even the so called "studs" rarely become "studs".

Additionally, it's worth pointing out that very few teams actually "own" any areas. PSU in Pennsylvania and USC in LA, etc. But trying to "put a wall up" is a pointless pursuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom