FSU Attendance: 37457 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Attendance: 37457

How loud was it in the dome? Crowd looked good on TV, seemed like the students stuck around after half-time but you can never tell the way they zoom in.

He does it every home game while they stand there waiting to run on the field.

Complete waste of time if he’s spending one second wondering about crowd size. Imagine a guy like saban doing that? Control the controllable. That type of stuff should be irrelevant to a HC.

The crowd will come back if we finally start winning. If he is thinking of leaving bc of crowds we have zero chance. Even in the hay days we didn’t sell out every game

Complete waste of time if he’s spending one second wondering about crowd size. Imagine a guy like saban doing that? Control the controllable. That type of stuff should be irrelevant to a HC.

The crowd will come back if we finally start winning. If he is thinking of leaving bc of crowds we have zero chance. Even in the hay days we didn’t sell out every game

Saban tells fans stay for the entire game or give your ticket away

Agree 100%. Be lucky to have 30k next week. Better start time but I just don’t buy one nice win and a 3-0 start moves the radar much if any

think they said at the game that over 3500 tickets are being given to military families

Agree 100%. Be lucky to have 30k next week. Better start time but I just don’t buy one nice win and a 3-0 start moves the radar much if any

I will continue to say this. College football attendance numbers are declining across the country. Syracuse has been so ungood for 15 years that it's going to take a while before we consistently get 35k for a game again.

With the ease of watching the game from your phone, ipad or laptop nowadays (not to mention on your tv), it creates a massive reason for people to not have to go to a game in-person. Some people heavily value being in the stands, but most people feel otherwise. The trend is clearly in the "otherwise" category.

Dino and his team keep winning and the crowds will get slightly bigger, but they won't be like they were in the 80's and 90's again anytime soon.

I know it was being talked about in several spots on the way home from people who didnt watch and were shocked we won..

37,000 or 50,000, the Dome got loud today and the team got the win. Just remember the crowd number we had today because when we go 7-5, 8-4 or 9-3 this season watch what our attendance number is for Clemson next year and Florida State again in 2 years. Doesn’t happen overnight and this game is just the momentum for the next step. If we finish strong this season like I think, bet your ass next year’s attendance figured will spike. Its all about the steps and the process and today is just the beginnings and the momentum we needed to continue to build this program.

looking at the map for next week , currently id say we are in the 35k range . Win next week and the next home game vs unc and likely the last 2 home games we should be able to match today's number

Not allowing re-entry at halftime today with the 100+ temp/humidity in the Dome and running out of water at multiple concession stands at halftime was tough on crowd.

My section was into it but it was energy sapping.

Whatever the number was it was hot, loud and sweaty. The sub made it worth the while tho.

Great start to the season.

looking at the map for next week , currently id say we are in the 35k range . Win next week and the next home game vs unc and likely the last 2 home games we should be able to match today's number

I agree. The UConn ticket availability map looks better for UConn than it did for Florida State yesterday. I am betting we get more than 40,000 in the dome next Saturday.

Even better news is the high temperature for next Saturday is 70 degrees.

Tne crowd looks good on tv bc espns job is to show the angles where the fans are. A friend watching at home said that lower bowl silver was all over the place once we went up 13-0 which is pathetic. The crowd was electric, those that were there.
this is not true, I was there. Your friend is wrong and I'll leave it at that

I’ve been among 30k for basketball who sat mostly quiet as church mice because we spent most of the game losing (and eventually lost to Louisville).

I’ve also been among 35k for football who were loud & frenetic. I’d rather coach among the psychotic 35k football folk than the unimpressed 30k hoops fans.

I’m sure Dino would disagree but he’d be largely ignorant of the past 18 years if he didn’t understand the level of consistent winning required to get bums back into the Dome for football.

The attendance "issue" (If you want to call it that) won't change this year. It will be small crowds the rest of the way. If Clemson (not saying they will just saying IF) puts up 50 on us in 2 weeks and blows us out the "casual fan" who doesn't follow this stuff religiously like all of us here will be like..."see, nothing changed." Looking at the 2019 home schedule aside from Clemson has no attractive home games really. The attendance will turn around when SU has about 5 or 6 winning seasons and bowl games in a row.

And when the DOME renovation is totally completed as many casual fans out of curiousity will want to see what the "NEW" Dome looks like, the attendance will get a small up-tick for that one year attendance wise. But its going to take many years of consistently going to bowls and winning 7 or 8 games before some people ever come back, just the reality of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom