FSU Attendance: 37457 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Attendance: 37457

Going to the game is the best way to support the team. A full stadium is one of the best ways to recruit football players. If you want to enjoy the "comfort" of watching the game at home, bar, computer or on a phone that's your call but when a coach leaves for greener pastures because of the frustration of working his tail off to give this city , area and state a good team, don't whine about him leaving...seriously, shut the heck up because you have no right to say anything because you'd rather be comfortable at home/ect. This...is our biggest chance to help this team, to actually have some input but too many while watching on TV or the like would rather play coach and complain instead of making the situation better by actually going to the game.

Hey, I get it if you have to work, not able, are too far away, can't afford it or the like...that is understandable. But what drives me crazy is seeing this team run onto the Dome to a sparse crowd after working thier butts off and having it 70% full during an impact game (FSU) and then pretty much empty when it was over. You know what? It was hotter for the players than us and yes, it was hot and foolishly SU ran out of water but again...this is our chance to help this team, why not show up?

I honestly hope Babers understands that SU will never average 49K per game...ever. I also hope that he knows he has a solid base of people that have gone through some dark football times and have been consistently there for this team and show up each home game, some from pretty far away, and root for this team against the Wagners/Rutgers who suck to the Clemson teams that look like chiseled 27 year old men.
We as fans ask the players and staff to show up and play hard for 60 minutes each game, why can't we?

Who are you talking to? As far as I can tell, nobody on this board needs to hear this message. Lol

We’ve been bad for so long it’s almost expected. However I did expect at least 40 k yesturday

If game started at 330 probably would have gotten to 40

Who are you talking to? As far as I can tell, nobody on this board needs to hear this message. Lol

I’d bet there is a too-Healthy percentage of locals on this board who didn’t go. You can tell because most people use “I was at the game” as an invisible, double-points weapon as to why their opinion is right.

I should know. I was at the game yesterday...

How many is fort drum bringing?

I will continue to say this. College football attendance numbers are declining across the country. Syracuse has been so ungood for 15 years that it's going to take a while before we consistently get 35k for a game again.

With the ease of watching the game from your phone, ipad or laptop nowadays (not to mention on your tv), it creates a massive reason for people to not have to go to a game in-person. Some people heavily value being in the stands, but most people feel otherwise. The trend is clearly in the "otherwise" category.

Dino and his team keep winning and the crowds will get slightly bigger, but they won't be like they were in the 80's and 90's again anytime soon.

Live attendance is a Sports wide issue, but that’s where excuses need to end. If nothing else, the basketball attendance shows the opportunity.

SU Football’s competitive set is all other forms of entertainment and emotional detachment.

The emotional detachment comes from the product not performing for a lifetime. As in, the 8-12 year olds lifetimes for those growing up locally. That’s the age NFL research shows kids become fans or players or they are lost for good.

So our product has stunk. And the atmosphere has had no innovation for decades. No WiFi, no fun zones for kids, no AC (yesterday was obscene indoors) and no major cosmetic/comfort changes.

The good news is the product is getting better and the people in charge are dialed into the atmosphere, be it structural (the roof has months left, not years) or Fan-driven (see JW’s recent attempts.)

Winning will loosen up the emotional bah humbug. The experience will hopefully get the casual fan to bring a couple family members as something to do for five hours.

That little coupon giving 50% off on food and non alcoholic drinks, if you enter the dome a half an hour before game time is a good idea to try to get fannies in the seats before kickoff. It's not just Dino who looks at the crowd size, it's definitely the players themselves, the recruits and their families. The staff, players etc are working hard to win and fill the dome, so of course they are looking at crowd size as affirmation and reward for their efforts.

Watch Jim Boeheim before every game after shaking hands etc, he stands in front of the bench and looks all around at the crowd size. Despite what some people on the board may think, crowd size and fan support is important and an important goal, a part of, not a distraction from their jobs. JB has been here over 40 years and he has always known the importance of fan support in addition to his coaching duties - realizing he's constantly selling his product to the public.

Going to the games is the ultimate reward for everyone not just posting, chatting or watching them remotely. (hopefully no more games in the dome when it's in the high 80's outside too ;))

So what? Mind your own business.

Just maybe - maybe - consider your two-minute masturbating time to not coincide with Home game starts. That’s all. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom