FSU opens -2.5 over Cuse... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FSU opens -2.5 over Cuse...

Miami helped with there own mistakes. How many wide open drops did they have in the first half? If we play clean, I like our chances. I don't want to depend on FSU making mistakes to balance out our own.

4 interceptions > a few dropped passes. We made a ton more mistakes and much more egregious and we still had a chance to win. But, I agree, I don't want to depend on the other team's mistakes to win.

Last edited:
agreed. but, they out athlete everyone they have played so far minus Bama and Miami and they are 2-5. But, we definitely need to come out on fire, put them in a hole and they may throw in the towel as the game goes on and they get more and more tired. Cannot have INTs. And as pleased as I am about our defense this year, they need to create a turnover or two, that would help.

3 of the losses are by 6 points or less.

4 interceptions > a few dropped passes. We made a ton more mistakes and much more egregious and we will had a chance to win. But, I agree, I don't want to depend on the other team's mistakes to win.
In a vacuum, yes, but not when those dropped passes would have been td's. At least two of them were to a guy that had nobody around him. One of Dungey's int's was negated by the strip he made to get it back. I think we may be using the Clemson game to establish our expectations a little more than we should. The mistakes that have hurt us against other good teams have been more common than the execution that allowed us to beat Clemson. I'm hopeful that the recent improvement in the running game will continue. If we can have that, reduce our stupid penalties, and avoid an early turnover, hopefully we can jump on them out of the gait.

mistakes are mistakes. dropping an INT and dropping balls happen, we had 3 vs NC st that w dropped happen and that guy didnt throw another until last week. Miami dropped throws we had 5-6 wide open guys slip and throws went to the ground a 65% thrower throws for 30%.. thats unusual.

Miami has won 2-3 games on good/lucky bounces. at least they played a good half against us.

they got the PI call late, we got a TD called back, they fumbled a snap and recovered with nothing bad, we rolled 2 back and it cost us a shot at a TD. we dug the hole and almost came back , just like NC st and LSU.. we cant keep doing that on the road.

3 of the losses are by 6 points or less.

Yep. We are pretty evenly matched - except our QB is experienced.

Any chance they surprise everyone and roll out their #2 Cosentino?

In a vacuum, yes, but not when those dropped passes would have been td's. At least two of them were to a guy that had nobody around him. One of Dungey's int's was negated by the strip he made to get it back. I think we may be using the Clemson game to establish our expectations a little more than we should. The mistakes that have hurt us against other good teams have been more common than the execution that allowed us to beat Clemson. I'm hopeful that the recent improvement in the running game will continue. If we can have that, reduce our stupid penalties, and avoid an early turnover, hopefully we can jump on them out of the gait.

while I agree we had our own share of drops to. fact is, both teams played a mistake filled game in sloppy conditions.

This game is now Cuse plus 7.5 in my book. Wish I hadn't bet so early in the week.

Looks like it will be 7-8 at most books come kick off time. Pretty big swing from the opening line.

didnt the line open around 5 and then drop to 2.5?
No. opened at -2.5 for a few hours. Went quickly to -5 and has climbed higher since then. The poor poor public.

I think the Cuse is also 5-1 against the spread this year. I'm putting big money that they cover the 7.

I think the Cuse is also 5-1 against the spread this year. I'm putting big money that they cover the 7.
We're technically 5-2-1. There were a couple books that had us -46 over Central Conn. So the 2 losses ATS are Midd Tenn and them. And we technically pushed vs. Pitt with the closing line of -3. I do like the +6.5/7 tomorrow.

The other interesting note is 7 of our 8 games have gone UNDER the final total. wow.

money line is the play at +200.
What is the money line? I looked it up and think I understand but let me verify. The game tonight between Memphis and Tulsa...Memphis money line says -700. Does that mean you have to bet $700 on Memphis to win $100? Tulsa is listed at +450, so does that mean if I bet $100 on Tulsa and they win then I win $450? If this is indeed the case and I'm understanding it right, do people actually bet the favorite in this instance? Who's going to put down $700 to win $100?

P.S. It should be apparently obvious that I do not know much about Vegas sports gambling so thanks for humoring me.

What is the money line? I looked it up and think I understand but let me verify. The game tonight between Memphis and Tulsa...Memphis money line says -700. Does that mean you have to bet $700 on Memphis to win $100? Tulsa is listed at +450, so does that mean if I bet $100 on Tulsa and they win then I win $450? If this is indeed the case and I'm understanding it right, do people actually bet the favorite in this instance? Who's going to put down $700 to win $100?

P.S. It should be apparently obvious that I do not know much about Vegas sports gambling so thanks for humoring me.
You have it right except you don't have to put a full $700 down. The math on the ML is always based on $100 increments. You could bet the favorite with $20 to win an additional $2.86

Stinky stinky. Public likes Syracuse yet line keeps going up.
I would expect the sharps to come in last minute and move this line back the other way. I know that I just locked in both ATS and Money line Cuse at -6.5 on my site last night.

Not good at all. This isn;t the public moving the line it's sharp money.

60% of bets on SU, yet the line shoots up 5 points. Never a good sign.

I think a lot of people make bets based on talent. Throw in the anyltics that show an even game and it makes sense.

I don’t think it’s right, but the case can be made.

I think a lot of people make bets based on talent. Throw in the anyltics that show an even game and it makes sense.

I don’t think it’s right, but the case can be made.
Let the chips fall where they may. I like our chances.

I'm not all to familiar with betting, but what you're saying is sharps are putting money on FSU? While most of the general public is taking the Cuse?

I'm not all to familiar with betting, but what you're saying is sharps are putting money on FSU? While most of the general public is taking the Cuse?

Correct. Whenever most of the bets are on one side, but the line goes up significantly in the other direction, it means you want to be on the side where all the money is...and that is FSU. It's actually pretty scary from a Syracuse perspective. FSU has the name recognition, but public money is on Syracuse. The line going up 5 points the other way says there is a lot of smart money on FSU. The reason the line is going up is because the books are trying to even the money on the game by enticing people to take Syracuse.

Correct. Whenever most of the bets are on one side, but the line goes up significantly in the other direction, it means you want to be on the side where all the money is...and that is FSU. It's actually pretty scary from a Syracuse perspective. FSU has the name recognition, but public money is on Syracuse. The line going up 5 points the other way says there is a lot of smart money on FSU. The reason the line is going up is because the books are trying to even the money on the game by enticing people to take Syracuse.
But to be clear the “smart money” is only right 50% of the time. So in reality it’s not that scary. No one knows what the heck is gonna happen tomorrow. Most “sharps” drive Nissan altimas with one headlight out. Hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom