FSU Postgame Thoughts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Thoughts

Hmm so after he committed and went to IMG?
The pundits weren’t wrong unfortunately, if anything they thought he was better than he is. Whatever he is now isn’t a P5 player.

Shooting, this team lost multuple games because it can't shoot a kick. 1 of 14 from 3, untold missed fts etc, getting absolutely nothing from the PF spot scoring wise etc. Hard to win with 1 3pt shooter on the roster
I mentioned this previously, but I think Starling was supposed to be a much better long-range shooter coming in - I don't think the staff knew how bad his form was broken. I think we've seen signs of him becoming that sort of shooter lately.

The other thought was that hopefully Benny could make a step, Bell could be more consistent, Mintz could take a step with his distance shooting. Unfortunately, none of those things have materialized to a large extent.

Still a lot of questions for next year and what the roster construct is, but with Freeman and Moore both likely to bring an ability to score, that should help immensely.

I still think we need a small forward that can shoot/score. Bell is way too streaky/one dimensional, and Taylor is just not good enough in any phase to play at the highest level of the ACC. Benny Williams cannot be counted on. He's in his third year. I don't think it's going to magically turn on.

I also think we need a better situation at the center position. The four guys we currently have are severely limited and limiting. No matter what you think about MacLeod's ability, foot injuries aren't good for big men. Carey is a big-time project. Hima is just a big body, and Patterson was a project to begin with.

Need to do a MUCH better job recruiting big men if we plan to be any good in the future.

Last edited:
I swear I'm not trying to pile on Taylor, but he doesn't score. There's some big time halo effect from Buddy going on with him.

The dude had 14 and 13 points the first two games of the season against crap competition, and he had 15 against Cornell and 11 against Niagara.

Against anybody of consequence, his highest scoring game of the season was... 7 points against BC. He had 6 against Pitt one time, and LSU.

Taylor is not a scorer. To a remarkable degree.
Yeah I don’t think he’ll be back next season. It’s just not happening with him. We need to go find a Dalton Knecht type at a Mid major to play small forward.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom