FSU vs The ACC | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

Now it is, but if the ACC gets gutted, the revenue will drop a good deal. Basically, it is either the ACC do whatever it takes to remain Major, or else what remains of the ACC will be not much better off than the AAC..

The BT and SEC mean business - the kind that murders competition. The Pac, the Rose Bowl Pac which has many times more football history than does the ACC, is dead in all but name. And when the leftover 2 are forced to join another league even the name will give, just like the SWC.

"murders competition". Sounds like a great starting argument for a good antitrust lawsuit once all the conferences are gone except two.

ACC will remain in place for another 4 years and then let's see where things are. I bet at some point there will be some buyer's remorse from teams who have joined the big 2 and are stuck in a 5-8 success vicious cycle of mediocrity because the competition is ratcheted up to NFL like levels.

If that's the case why are we constantly arguing about the impact of this tiny catholic school in central Indiana that really is going to be a lowgrade UCF by 2040?

I think ND will enhance its reputation going forward because, as i've seen with other jesuit schools in the northeast (hello Nova, HC, GTOWN), the dogma is something people are looking for and want in this crazy world we live in.

I think the Catholic identity is going to have a large comeback based on how nutty colleges are getting nationally. Just my two cents (not to dip my toes in anything political)
Slight corrections -
ND and Nova aren't Jesuit schools. ND is run by the Confraternity of the Holy Cross and Nova is run by the Augustinians.

ND is #20 in the USN&WR rankings and Georgetown is #22.

UNC is going to end up in the B1G with UVA and probably Duke and a couple other ACC schools.

I don’t know why people get so weird about this stuff. At some point in the next decade the ACC will get picked apart by the B1G and SEC. Those will be the two power conferences.

SU will likely end up in a rebranded “Big 12” that houses all of us misfit toys. Too big to be FCS, too small to be power 2.

It’ll be fine.
That’s my hope. Eventually, they will gobble us up too and probably merge and end up with some commissioner who will negotiate the whole tv deal for the P1. Then, they’ll actually take steps with an empowered leadership to do what’s right for the sport.

One can dream

The ACC will be fine solid third position that will only get better when the 12 contract is up. There is way to much money being made by ESPN to give up the ACC. They will ensure that the league does well. Consolidation at this point does nothing but hurt the Mouse. I expect the ACC to grow its West coast footprint next go around and expect San Diego State, Houston, Tulane, and possibly Central Florida to be added. Cincy might be a target as well.

I'd rather compete for a playoff spot in the #3 league instead of battling to go 6-6 every year in a super conference...so many of these teams fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they can't compete in a 20 team league of the big boys

Depends on who is in the conference with you. If we are stuck playing current B12 teams, I rather be playing yearly against Notre Dame, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers, BC.

I'd rather compete for a playoff spot in the #3 league instead of battling to go 6-6 every year in a super conference...so many of these teams fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they can't compete in a 20 team league of the big boys
Nebraska, USC, Oregon, even Texas are going to be in for a very rude awakening.

These teams will all complain at some point. Even the Rutgers of the world have been neutered to the point of being Washington Generals to the BIG. Rutgers will never ever get to a bowl game in multi years in a row. It's too hard in that powderkeg

The ACC will be fine solid third position that will only get better when the 12 contract is up. There is way to much money being made by ESPN to give up the ACC. They will ensure that the league does well. Consolidation at this point does nothing but hurt the Mouse. I expect the ACC to grow its West coast footprint next go around and expect San Diego State, Houston, Tulane, and possibly Central Florida to be added. Cincy might be a target as well.
Of those you list, only SDSU is on the West Cost.

Will Stanford and Cal want a CSU system school? Their snobbery against anything CSU system is bigger than any snobbery against WVU held by UNC, UVA, and Dook. Some assume that SDSU was a certainty to be Pac 12 if it had survived, but SMU people have said they had been promised that 11th slot and were not certain of anything else. Arizona, Arizona St, and Utah are all AAU.

USF is AAU, and UCF is nowhere close to such an invite. USF also now will have an on campus stadium.

New Orleans can be a fun city to visit for Away games, but I doubt Tulane ever gets much consideration unless the ACC has lost several members.

Houston would be in any running to add a couple more TX schools along with TTU, Baylor, and TCU.

If you have Louisville and Pitt, Cincy just makes perfect geographic sense. And then there is being in OH with all its great HS football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom