Full scrimmage refer are here | Syracusefan.com

Full scrimmage refer are here

GoSU96

Living Legend
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hunt getting all the reps w the ones

Loeb only pts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hunt a couple bad throws into traffic. Later on had nice deep pass to west, eventually scored. Loeb nice deep pass to 82(?) nice touch.
Smith may be sharing reps with morris. Kid has speed. Had a couple good runs.
Dline was in hunt and Charlies face often.

Thanks for the updates, guys. The ball will be in very good hands with the skill position players it sounds like. Always better to have a nasty football team to distract from the FF exit.

Hunt a couple bad throws into traffic. Later on had nice deep pass to west, eventually scored. Loeb nice deep pass to 82(?) nice touch.
Smith may be sharing reps with mcfarlane. Kid has speed. Had a couple good runs.
Dline was in hunt and Charlies face often.

Is 82 AC?

McFarland looking good today? So thy haven't moved him to safety yet? Who's playing safety did they move Wayne?

I'm looking forward to big things from AC

I just got back, left at 3PM. My 2 YO was getting fidgety.

Hunt looked good and like Go said, he took every rep with the ones. He threw a pick early but followed up with TD to West then a TD to Kobena. Kobena has some serious wheels, nobody had any chance in the secondary once he was hit in stride and took off.

Hunt had good command of the huddle.

Also Zian Jones looks thinner, much quicker and stronger than last year. It seemed like he was in the backfield quite a bit. The combo of him and Bromley at the NT and DT is going to be awesome. Micah Robinson was at the Rush end and Welsh was the starter on the other side.

Morris wore # 27 and Mcfarland wears 29 I beleive. Morris had some nice runs.

It looked like Marcus Coleman was at the strong side DE and was with the 2's. Also, Arcineiga and Kirkland were playing together with the 2's. Lynch, Spruill and Davis were still the 3 starters at LB running with the ones.
***EDIT: It was not Davis with the ones today with Spruill and Lynch. It was #7 Oliver Vigille at OLB.

I spotted Justin Noye there as I was leaving, he was in grey sweats. Chauncey Scissum was there as well.

I didn't write anything down so this is just from memory so bear with me.

Clark, West and Kobena were the 3 WR's with the ones. Keenan Hale stood out to me as a tall rangy fast Physical specimen at the WR position with the 2's.

Josh Parris had a nice catch and run. I didn't notice Ron Thompson or pay much attention to the offensive line other than Mackey, Hickey and Trudo. I can't remember the numbers that ran with the ones other than those guys.

Dyshawn Davis was on the sidelines, obviously not practicing. Coker #41 no longer has dreads.

Ryan Sloan is gigantic and Jerome Smith looks even more diesel than last year.

Funderburke?

I don't recall seeing him. Funny that you ask though because I thought that #16 Keenan Hale was Funderburke until I got home and looked up the numbers. I didn't realize that I had my iPad mini in the diaper bag and that the Dome has internet access until about 10 min before we left.

Sorry boss.

I am hoping that Go has a better update to let me know the things that I missed or wasn't paying attention to.

I will be going next Sunday and to the Spring Game and will try to do a better job.

My observations:

Justin Pugh, Zack Chibane, Alec Lemon, and Ryan Nassib on the sideline with a couple of other guys I didn't recognize. Pugh wearing a Saints teeshirt...you figure it out.

Saw Dave Rahme chatting with Nassib. Said "Hi" and told him we miss his writings. He mentioned a few projects he is working on but I am reluctant to mention them just in case he wants his privacy respected. Your story to tell, Dave.

The RBs were very impressive--Jerome Smith is the beast we have come to expect. Morris--whew! He better get some touches this season! I also thought McFarlane had some seriously good touches as well. AAM not too shabby as well. We are rock solid in that department.

I don't know about others who were there, but Jarrod West seemed to stand out--both physically (I thought he was a TE at first) and with some of the passes he caught. I think (hope) we will be hearing a lot more about that young man in the coming season.

D was solid--very aggressive crew.

I gotta get me one of those HCSS visors! I know DM wore a visor, too, but that blue one Shafer wears is definitely his trademark! Surprised/impressed with how young the coaches looked--lot of fire and enthusiasm.

Better reporters than me out there but as Popeye would say: "I yam what I yam!" Fun afternoon! Can't wait 'til next week...

did you happen to see where they had Wayne Morgan working?

did you happen to see where they had Wayne Morgan working?

I am not 100% positive where he was working. The defense was backed up to about the 2-3 yard line after a fumble by the O was picked up by the D and then fumbled back to the O and was advanced there. Coker came out and everybody was yelling Okie and Morgan ran in so he is playing the Hybrid LB/DB in that package. I was on the defensive side of the field.

Not much difference, if any at all to the defensive style of Chuck Bullough as compared to HCSMFS. Very aggressive, attacking style just like before.

I will keep an eye out for you next Sunday. I just couldn't watch everything and remember it all. I will make notes on the iPad next time.

My observations:

Justin Pugh, Zack Chibane, Alec Lemon, and Ryan Nassib on the sideline with a couple of other guys I didn't recognize. Pugh wearing a Saints teeshirt...you figure it out.

Saw Dave Rahme chatting with Nassib. Said "Hi" and told him we miss his writings. He mentioned a few projects he is working on but I am reluctant to mention them just in case he wants his privacy respected. Your story to tell, Dave.

The RBs were very impressive--Jerome Smith is the beast we have come to expect. Morris--whew! He better get some touches this season! I also thought McFarlane had some seriously good touches as well. AAM not too shabby as well. We are rock solid in that department.

I don't know about others who were there, but Jarrod West seemed to stand out--both physically (I thought he was a TE at first) and with some of the passes he caught. I think (hope) we will be hearing a lot more about that young man in the coming season.

I gotta get me one of those HCSS visors! I know DM wore a visor, too, but that blue one Shafer wears is definitely his trademark! Surprised/impressed with how young the coaches looked--lot of fire and enthusiasm.

Better reporters than me out there but as Popeye would say: "I yam what I yam!" Fun afternoon! Can't wait 'til next week...
Great report. Thanks. What was your take on the QB's?

I am not 100% positive where he was working. The defense was backed up to about the 2-3 yard line after a fumble by the O was picked up by the D and then fumbled back to the O and was advanced there. Coker came out and everybody was yelling Okie and Morgan ran in so he is playing the Hybrid LB/DB in that package. I was on the defensive side of the field.

Not much difference, if any at all to the defensive style of Chuck Bullough as compared to HCSMFS. Very aggressive, attacking style just like before.

I will keep an eye out for you next Sunday. I just couldn't watch everything and remember it all. I will make notes on the iPad next time.

thanks. i will be up there the next 2 weekends as well. just couldn't get myself motivated today after last nights loss.

My observations:

I'm impressed that yocan see visible Sand C from West. I'm guessing he goes over the middle more this season and wants to be ready for the punishment that comes with that kind of play. I can't wait to see Morris when the whistle starts the season and he gets on the field for real.Watch out ACC the Orange is coming.We is going to squeeze some citrus in you eyes.and our coach is going to plan on some series hurts on your players. Just like he promised.:p

thanks. i will be up there the next 2 weekends as well. just couldn't get myself motivated today after last nights loss.

I was more motivated to get up there to get my mind off the loss. I am a big basketball fan but an even bigger football fan.

I was also more proud of the basketball team for getting that far when they weren't "expected" to be there. It kind of eased the pain I guess.

Great report. Thanks. What was your take on the QB's?

Hunt threw some scary inaccurate passes, but threw a couple of gems as well. Runs well, as you already knew. IGLCL threw some beauties--especially one to Funderburk (who made an incredible grab, by the way) deep in the endzone for a TD. I thought he looked to be the better passer except for an interception that was almost run back for a defensive TD (AAM made a saving tackle that took down the interceptor as well as another defensive player. I missed whether it was an inaccurate pass or if the receiver bobbled--sorry! Didn't get a chance to see him run with the ball. Didn't need to with those RBs! Kinder struggled a little more but performed adequately, imho. Was it him or the supporting cast?--I am not knowledgeable enough to answer that. But he has "The Voice" -- no doubt! And runs well, too.

My opinion (I repeat: my opinion): Charley gets the nod, with the other two breathing down his neck. Gonna be interesting.

Bad hangover? Ouch! My sympathies!;)

Hunt threw some scary inaccurate passes, but threw a couple of gems as well. Runs well, as you already knew. IGLCL threw some beauties--especially one to Funderburk (who made an incredible grab, by the way) deep in the endzone for a TD. I thought he looked to be the better passer except for an interception that was almost run back for a defensive TD (AAM made a saving tackle that took down the interceptor as well as another defensive player. I missed whether it was an inaccurate pass or if the receiver bobbled--sorry! Didn't get a chance to see him run with the ball. Didn't need to with those RBs! Kinder struggled a little more but performed adequately, imho. Was it him or the supporting cast?--I am not knowledgeable enough to answer that. But he has "The Voice" -- no doubt! And runs well, too.

My opinion (I repeat: my opinion): Charley gets the nod, with the other two breathing down his neck. Gonna be interesting.
Thanks. It'll definitely be interesting, especially if Allen gets thrown into the mix.

Funderburke?
he made a great catch in the endzone on a corner fade route. he was well covered and went up real high to snag it.

jerome looks to be faster as he had some real nice 15-20 yard runs. AAM has got some wheels as the last play he chased down a player on an interception who should have scored.

AAM surprised everyone on his burst of speed,plus he made a nice catch for a decent gain of about 20 yards.

josh kirkland was all over the field making tackles out in space,but just a tad undersized

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom