Full scrimmage refer are here | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Full scrimmage refer are here

A lot to like in that HCSS presser - Thanks for posting! Lot's of specificity on who has what "skills sets." Re: the QB selection, "it's a process and we are not going to rush it."

Slightly OT but was wifi working reliably inside the dome? Considering bringing iPad to post some live updates next week.

Slightly OT but was wifi working reliably inside the dome? Considering bringing iPad to post some live updates next week.

LOL, I mentioned in a previous post that it was but I didn't realize it until about 10 min before I was going to leave...and I did have my iPad for my daughter to use. There are 2 possible connections, the first is for alumni that have a password and the second requires nothing and is for guests. I am not an alum so I used the guest connection and it worked perfectly.

I was so mad at myself after I left.

Thanks for all the reports!

Can anyone describe the offense in general terms? Was it no huddle, up tempo, similar to last year, more traditional? I suspect that they would emphasize the run game and keep it "vanilla." Was that the case?

A lot to like in that HCSS presser - Thanks for posting! Lot's of specificity on who has what "skills sets." Re: the QB selection, "it's a process and we are not going to rush it."

I digress, but noticed that Rahme was with the mike left of HCSS asking the question about Raymons and Quinta. Recognize the voice and arm .;)

Can anyone describe the offense in general terms? Was it no huddle, up tempo, similar to last year, more traditional? I suspect that they would emphasize the run game and keep it "vanilla." Was that the case?

Almost identical to last year on O, not one huddle that I can remember. Up-tempo like last year as well.

Where was that? no way kirkland is 198. He can use some more weight i admit, but he is legit 6'3 and he is all muscle. He's not skinny.
On the roster sheets that were available at practice, Kirkland is listed as 6-2 198.

How about Jaston George? I thought he was playing well a few years back but hit a string of injuries. Also, anyone notice Flemming. I thought he was great in last years spring game. Again, another hit with the injury bug.
Flemming was on the sidelines, but I don't remember seeing him in on any plays.

The main difference that I saw so far is that we use more 21 personnel. This allows use of power backs. But we are still in the shotgun, (pistol look) If your not familier with 21 perssonnel, its 2 backs one TE set. Like was said, we are still no huddle, uptempo. I did notice them going under center inside the 5. We fumble the center/QB exchange and lost it to the defense.

yeah I saw flemming but he wasnt out there. In addition, I didnt see jaston george at all. At times, the second defense was playing with walk on corners. W Morgan played safety and with the first unit he played nickle along with whigham.

Didn't a report come out about ten day's ago on Jaston having minor surgery done to remove bone spurs? I believe they said out indefinitely.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

It's nice to have a HC that is such a straight shooter. No coded speak laced with paranoia. Very refreshing.

First off, autospell with tapatalk comes up with some interesting things.

As for the scrimmage.
1. Hunt ran the one's all day. He got better as the day went on. Loeb's worst play was his last, really bad interception. That's the kind of play that will end up losing him the job. That being said, also made some real nice throws.

2. The offense, ran pistol, a lot of what we saw with Brian White here. Only one data point, but it's not the same thing Nassib was running. It might be no huddle, but it wasn't hurry up, it was the get up to the line, everyone look over for the play technique. Expect more of a Toledo, Nevada type of offense, not an NFL based passing offense.

3. First formation of the day was a split backfield with AAM and Smith. Talk about a power backfield. They didn't not run the I with AAM as the lead.

4. As Shafer noted, it's not just Morris that impressed, Macfarland had a very good day.

5. The biggest thing that Marrone left was the improvement in team speed. If anyone sat and watched a practice 3 years ago, let alone 5, there is a huge difference across the roster. This team can run.

6. To me the single biggest surprise was Nick Robinson at left guard with the one's. Good for him. Another surprise was Funderburk exclusively on the 2nd unit.

7. Guy that caught my eye immediately was Kirkland, kid was making plays. He will make an impact on specials if nothing else.

8. Rough day for Krautman.

9. Starting WR's West, Kobena, and Clark. AC next man up based on what we saw yesterday. Kobena finally looked like we expect on a quick slant yesterday that he took for a 25yd TD. West looked very smooth, and was running much better. When he has his legs, different player.

10. I hear what Shafer is saying, but I really wonder where Broyld is going to fit.

I agree...love his demeanor. Works well at getting the message out. I think we'll have a much better staff/media relationship. Of course that could all change when something is spilled publicly meant to be off the record. Thanks for all the reports. I'm really getting excited about the Fall...I think we have a solid chance to continue winning and sneak into a bowl game.

Only one data point, but it's not the same thing Nassib was running. It might be no huddle, but it wasn't hurry up, it was the get up to the line, everyone look over for the play technique.
That's some of the best of both worlds though. Keeps the defensive set on the field, and allows the offense to get organized. It forces the defense to commit to something, then you pick and choose how you want to counter their choice.

I like that Rahme was there, asking questions. Outside of him, it looked like every reporter was 13 years old.

I like that Rahme was there, asking questions. Outside of him, it looked like every reporter was 13 years old.

Welcome to the new Post-Standard.

I spotted Justin Noye there as I was leaving, he was in grey sweats. Chauncey Scissum was there as well.

Scissum was down on the field the whole time. Spent quite a bit of time with Shafer pre-scrimmage. Austin Wilson was also there with his parents and shadowed the QBs in practice. He also sat in with the QB group when they were getting instructions during the scrimmage.

Justin Pugh, Zack Chibane, Alec Lemon, and Ryan Nassib on the sideline with a couple of other guys I didn't recognize. Pugh wearing a Saints teeshirt...you figure it out...

Andrew Tiller & Lou Alexander were also there. Art & Chandler Jones were in town this weekend, but didn't see them at the practice.

Scissum was done on the field the whole time. Spent quite a bit of time with Shafer pre-scrimmage. Austin Wilson was also there with his parents and shadowed the QBs in practice and sat in with the QB group when they were getting instructions during the scrimmage.

If that is true, you've pulled quite a scoop! Post-Substandard gonna scoop you up!

And I think I saw Donovan McNabb there, having martinis with Dr. Gross in one of the private boxes. ;)

For those who attended,
Is it just a matter of time before Funderbunk is with 1s?

How does Foy look at tackle? concerned about foot quickness.

No Thompson?

Where did Raymon play at practice, i know he is listed as a DE, but where did he actually play?

Welcome to the new Post-Standard.
I think we'll have a much better staff/media relationship. Of course that could all change when something is spilled publicly meant to be off the record.
Gee what are the chances that could happen with this new crack team of Jimmy Olsons?

Gee what are the chances that could happen with this new crack team of Jimmy Olsons?

Without setting off some kind of Marrone vs Shafer fork in the road, Marrone struck me as the type that if he didn't like your question, you were going to know right away in his answer. And you were probably going to get quick responses from that point forward unless you asked what he considered to be more sensible questions. He wasn't there to be a friend of everyone in the media, he knew how to get access out there (i.e. pick Rahme).

Shafer strikes me as the type who doesn't want to have a tense relationship with anyone in the media. So if he hears a question he doesn't like (and let's be honest, these guys get some bad ones), he'll give a diplomatic answer. He'll later seek out the person privately and let him know why he thought that was a bad question and that he may not get such diplomatic responses in the future.

Without setting off some kind of Marrone vs Shafer fork in the road, Marrone struck me as the type that if he didn't like your question, you were going to know right away in his answer. And you were probably going to get quick responses from that point forward unless you asked what he considered to be more sensible questions. He wasn't there to be a friend of everyone in the media, he knew how to get access out there (i.e. pick Rahme).
The only additional comment I'd make is that he didn't want to answer smart questions sometimes either. For example, how a while back Spruill was suddenly at a different linebacker spot. He gets asked about it. He dodges it. Then gets asked again. Then gets pissed off because the reporter saw through the dodge and didn't drop the topic.

Thompson was on the sideline. He will probably not be cleared for contact until August.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom