Funny movie recommendations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Funny movie recommendations

Mystery Men and Role Models are kind of off kilter odd ball funny.
I have fond memories of Mystery Men.

I've only ever seen it while massively sleep deprived.

The Producers-1967 version. Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder. Dick Shawn, underrated comedic talent.

1613021839273.png

F@&& I was going to say this.

There’s one scene with The Rock and Samuel L that I could watch a thousand times and never not laugh.

THERE GOES MYYYYYY HEROOOOOOOEE
I remember seeing that at a drive in with my wife and our best couple friend, and me and my buddy were dying cracking at that scene, and my friend's wife was like "wait, that just happened" and my wife gave me the look that said I was an idiot and she couldn't believe she was going to watch two more hours of this.

I remember seeing that at a drive in with my wife and our best couple friend, and me and my buddy were dying cracking at that scene, and my friend's wife was like "wait, that just happened" and my wife gave me the look that said I was an idiot and she couldn't believe she was going to watch two more hours of this.
It happens.

My wife thought Grandma's Boy was the funniest movie ever made, that's when I knew she was the one. She hates Will Ferrell though.
That's a keeper.

To my wife's credit, I knew there was big time potential on our first date when I asked her what sort of things she was into that might surprise me and she went into a 20 minute diatribe about Batman.

My wife thought Grandma's Boy was the funniest movie ever made, that's when I knew she was the one. She hates Will Ferrell though.
My wife loves it too!

It's the best Adam Sandler movie that Adam Sandler didn't make (he was an executive producer). A total guilty pleasure for me.

My wife loves it too!

It's the best Adam Sandler movie that Adam Sandler didn't make (he was an executive producer). A total guilty pleasure for me.
Watched it a few months ago for the first time in probably 10 years (god i feel old saying that), it holds up.

It would be like 437th on my list of funniest movies, but I was pleasantly surprised and amused by Our Idiot Brother a couple weeks ago. My wife said that her sister said it was great, which usually means it's terrible. And it had some strong chick-flick-y qualities. But there are a lot of legitimately funny moments, strong dialogue, and Paul Rudd and all the other characters are well-acted and immensely likeable.

Samurai Cop is good, but you get the gist of it just watching clips from Youtube (trailer):

It would be like 437th on my list of funniest movies, but I was pleasantly surprised and amused by Our Idiot Brother a couple weeks ago. My wife said that her sister said it was great, which usually means it's terrible. And it had some strong chick-flick-y qualities. But there are a lot of legitimately funny moments, strong dialogue, and Paul Rudd and all the other characters are well-acted and immensely likeable.

Go on ... where's the "Top 436" list?

I know it's not a movie but is pretty close based on each season being 6 23 min episodes, but rediscovered the British version of The Inbetweeners this weekend. Wife's sister was visiting and had never seen it. It is essentially Superbad as a TV show and is what I think is the funniest show I've ever seen on tv. Every episode is a classic. It's the closest I've ever seen on tv of how kids actually talk to each other in high school. It's free on Amazon Prime right now. Can not give a high enough recommendation to check out the 1st 2 or 3 episodes and get sucked in.

I know it's not a movie but is pretty close based on each season being 6 23 min episodes, but rediscovered the British version of The Inbetweeners this weekend. Wife's sister was visiting and had never seen it. It is essentially Superbad as a TV show and is what I think is the funniest show I've ever seen on tv. Every episode is a classic. It's the closest I've ever seen on tv of how kids actually talk to each other in high school. It's free on Amazon Prime right now. Can not give a high enough recommendation to check out the 1st 2 or 3 episodes and get sucked in.

There's almost nothing funnier than this program. Like "gotta pause to recover from the laughter and might pee on myself" hilarious.

So I started watching this today while I was working on some, uh, "consulting," and 2 episodes in I am thoroughly enjoying your recommendation.

The Inbetweeners is just obscenely funny. And obscene. And holy crap, those four guys are morons.

You used to be able to watch the two Inbetweeners movies on Amazon but I'm not sure if they're still available.

The guy who plays the headmaster (?) on The Inbetweeners is named Greg Davies.
He's been in a bunch of weird funny shows over the years.
If you like The Inbetweeners, you should give 'Man Down' a shot. It's on Netflix.