Funny movie recommendations | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Funny movie recommendations

My wife thought Grandma's Boy was the funniest movie ever made, that's when I knew she was the one. She hates Will Ferrell though.
No offense to your wife but how can anyone hate Will Ferrell?

I couldn't stand him on SNL, right on through 2005 I literally wouldn't watch the guy. So over-the-top.

Then I saw Anchorman and everything changed for me.

She doesn't mind him in bit parts, like wedding crashers, but thinks he's too over the top when he is the main character. Gets old quickly.

She doesn't mind him in bit parts, like wedding crashers, but thinks he's too over the top when he is the main character. Gets old quickly.
He's pretty solid in more dramatic work.

Everything Must Go was pretty deep. He was good in Stranger Than Fiction.

I thoroughly enjoy his ridiculous stuff though. Casa de mi Padre is horribly underrated.

I couldn't stand him on SNL, right on through 2005 I literally wouldn't watch the guy. So over-the-top.

Some of the greatest snl skits have him in them. Celebrity Jeopardy Evil Boss Hot tub lovers. His George W skits. Bill brasky.

Some of the greatest snl skits have him in them. Celebrity Jeopardy Evil Boss Hot tub lovers. His George W skits. Bill brasky.

Since my epiphany I have really come around on his Neil Diamond, Robert Goulet, and of course Trebek. W., too.

Also, the cat bit that he did for his initial SNL audition (recreated on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee) is hilarious.

That said, the cheerleaders and a few of those other skits remain too over-the-top for my taste.

Since my epiphany I have really come around on his Neil Diamond, Robert Goulet, and of course Trebek. W., too.

Also, the cat bit that he did for his initial SNL audition (recreated on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee) is hilarious.

That said, the cheerleaders and a few of those other skits remain too over-the-top for my taste.
His greatest strength and occasional weakness is just how fully he would commit to the sketch.

Crazy, nutty, goofy.
1613521694513.png

If you’re a little more history minded, what about FDR: American Badass?

I was exactly the same way except it was Old School that turned it around for me

Anyone seen S e x Drive? It was pretty under the radar when it came out. Haven’t watched it in a long time but I remember it being funny as hell. It’s your typical teenagers trying to get laid type of movie. But with a road trip. So it’s like American Pie and Road Trip in one. James Marsden was great as the older brother. I noticed it on Netflix the other day

He wasn’t over the top in Anchorman? I thought he was good in Stranger than Fiction. His answer to Carey’s Truman Show.

He wasn’t over the top in Anchorman? I thought he was good in Stranger than Fiction. His answer to Carey’s Truman Show.

Yes and no... He definitely was over the top at times (as he was in Old School, too), but I thought that was outweighed by some more subtle humor. Restrained insanity, let's call it.

I almost always hate his movies the first time I see them.

Then he wears me down and it gets to be funny.

Get off the shed!

Ricky Bobby is my favorite Will Ferrell character/movie.

So I started watching this today while I was working on some, uh, "consulting," and 2 episodes in I am thoroughly enjoying your recommendation.
Plow through the rest of season 1 yet?

Plow through the rest of season 1 yet?
OK, man, I just got to the scene where they're in the boat and the one dude starts punching the fish and I laughed so hard I almost started blacking out.