Funny movie recommendations | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Funny movie recommendations

Best In Show is one of my all time favorites, I'd consider that under the radar. Whenever Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are working together, it's worth your time. And then Fred Willard steals the movie about halfway through.

For Christmas season under the radar comedy, try The Ref.

OK, man, I just got to the scene where they're in the boat and the one dude starts punching the fish and I laughed so hard I almost started blacking out.
I used to die laughing at Chappelle's Show and Always Sunny but I just think Inbetweeners is the funniest show I've ever seen.

I used to die laughing at Chappelle's Show and Always Sunny but I just think Inbetweeners is the funniest show I've ever seen.
The eye contact thing when they're at the kids dance... the show's a masterclass in making awful things that shouldn't be funny hilarious.

The eye contact thing when they're at the kids dance... the show's a masterclass in making awful things that shouldn't be funny hilarious.
I was on my honeymoon in Dublin in like 2009 and was flipping through channels at the hotel and that was the exact episode I ran into and was like What is this and had to find it back home.

I almost always hate his movies the first time I see them.

Then he wears me down and it gets to be funny.

Like a few others, I always hated him, I think Step Brothers was the first time I really watched something with him I didn't hate. Since then I've re-watched some stuff and not minded it.

That stupid Iceland music competition film even entertained me (Eurovision)...that's when I knew I could no longer say I hated him in polite company.

Best In Show is one of my all time favorites, I'd consider that under the radar. Whenever Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are working together, it's worth your time. And then Fred Willard steals the movie about halfway through.

For Christmas season under the radar comedy, try The Ref.
I liked this just for Eugene levy. Not sure if you’ve watched Schitts Creek, but he’s incredible in it. It’s an entertaining show. Pretty mindless.

I watched a silly movie called JEXI last night and laughed out loud the entire time. I had never heard of it before, but the preview image made I look like Michael Pena was the star, and he’s a riot, so i took a chance. Turned out that the star was Adam Devine, who I can now deal with having recently watched the Righteous Gemstones.

Then, I realized Rosebyrne was in it. And I have a deeep crush on Rosebyrne. Deeeeeep. She’s just one word for me. Rosebyrne.

The movie’s theme is a somewhat common one in this era, where a phone/OS sorta takes over a person’s life, but this phone (Siri/Alexa/Cortana/etc.) OS is Voiced by Rosebyrne, and she’s hysterical. Wicked, crazy, vulgar... Fun. Ny.

And then there’s Alexandra Shipp, who I knew nothing about, but gotdamn she is cute.

So, a standard premise, but a pretty good execution, and really funny with a great cast that also includes a couple of my other favorites, Charlyne Yi and Wanda Sikes.

HBOMax.

I watched a silly movie called JEXI last night and laughed out loud the entire time. I had never heard of it before, but the preview image made I look like Michael Pena was the star, and he’s a riot, so i took a chance. Turned out that the star was Adam Devine, who I can now deal with having recently watched the Righteous Gemstones.

Then, I realized Rosebyrne was in it. And I have a deeep crush on Rosebyrne. Deeeeeep. She’s just one word for me. Rosebyrne.

The movie’s theme is a somewhat common one in this era, where a phone/OS sorta takes over a person’s life, but this phone (Siri/Alexa/Cortana/etc.) OS is Voiced by Rosebyrne, and she’s hysterical. Wicked, crazy, vulgar... Fun. Ny.

And then there’s Alexandra Shipp, who I knew nothing about, but gotdamn she is cute.

So, a standard premise, but a pretty good execution, and really funny with a great cast that also includes a couple of my other favorites, Charlyne Yi and Wanda Sikes.

HBOMax.
I saw that a few months ago and was definitely funny.

I liked this just for Eugene levy. Not sure if you’ve watched Schitts Creek, but he’s incredible in it. It’s an entertaining show. Pretty mindless.

I loved Schitts Creek. One of the best shows I've ever seen at character development, and turning a comedy into something heartwarming, without losing the funny.

My wife and I used to love movies, huge DVD collection I’ve no idea what to do with at this point.

I could recommend 100, but there’s one that almost never pops up that we thought was funnier than expected.

Hot Tub Time Machine. It’s a movie we’d typically never have watched bc of the title alone, but I laughed through it, it was pretty good. Scores extra points for nostalgia bringing back some 80’s pop culture stuff.

My wife and I used to love movies, huge DVD collection I’ve no idea what to do with at this point.

I could recommend 100, but there’s one that almost never pops up that we thought was funnier than expected.

Hot Tub Time Machine. It’s a movie we’d typically never have watched bc of the title alone, but I laughed through it, it was pretty good. Scores extra points for nostalgia bringing back some 80’s pop culture stuff.

I had a former manager at work who is the probably the last person you'd expect to enjoy a movie like that and she loved it.

got a big movie collection too. I keep much of the DVD side around just because it sparks me to watch a movie when I browse thru it much better than random looking on a tv does. The same way my book shelf does more than a kindle.

but also keeping the movie collection is worth it since so much of it is not available to be streamed and the DVD extras for many of the movies is worth having around.

I have ripped them all to my server though so I can watch them from anyplace

Just watched The Hunt last night. Kinda fun. Betty Gilpin is... unique. When i first saw her in Nurse Betty, i had no idea she'd eventually carry a tv show or movie.