Furman Discontinues MLAX and Baseball - due to Covid | Syracusefan.com

Furman Discontinues MLAX and Baseball - due to Covid

That absolutely sucks. Hoping this will be the only one but I highly doubt it.

That's too bad. I think wrestling will see some teams fold also unfortunately.

It's convenient to blame the Coronavirus. These sports were on the chopping block. They have an excuse.

Wow, Richie Meade. Tough luck again. Good coach.

Football should be the sport cut for most of these schools imo

Hofstra dropped it a few years back and I was shocked. It seems to me that outside the contending 1aa teams it makes less and less sense to have a football team. I love d1aa football too. The rules are set up so it is such an investment. Unless you have the alumni donors to fill in some gaps it is such a difficult decision to keep it rolling

Hofstra dropped it a few years back and I was shocked. It seems to me that outside the contending 1aa teams it makes less and less sense to have a football team. I love d1aa football too. The rules are set up so it is such an investment. Unless you have the alumni donors to fill in some gaps it is such a difficult decision to keep it rolling

I knew a player from here that transferred to Hofstra only for it to be cut one season later. I was crushed for him.

Doesn't really effect SU but it is one less program for kids to play at.

I wonder if Furman has anyone that SU would want to transfer in?

Doesn't really effect SU but it is one less program for kids to play at.

I wonder if Furman has anyone that SU would want to transfer in?

Highly unlikely, SU was only looking for a few specific players if any and they already took in two transfer defenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom