Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 171 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Anyone notice the steel recently erected at the (Northeast) corner of the Dome? Was on campus a few weeks ago - it looks like an extension of the Barnes center, but I don't see it in the PDF or the (interactive) campus map.

Syracuse University

Edit: It was pictured in posts #201 and 203 ... had I read back a little further. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
Very interesting link. I was just going to ask if they're planning to cut into the Dome? But the link answers the question (Yes). Two new entrances to the Dome and expansion of the East concourses, awesome! Replacing the air-supported roof, i.e., not having air lock restrictions, opens up a host of possibilities.

PS - A related link (also by Ostrowksi, in August of '23) answers some questions about Wi-Fi. JMA's work was apparently done last year. The delay was attributed to carriers installing their own equipment.

Last edited:
There will also be direct access to the lower level between the two new restrooms on the eastern end of the lower level. Currently, they have tables set up there for mingling before and during games.

Very interesting link. I was just going to ask if they're planning to cut into the Dome? But the link answers the question (Yes). Two new entrances to the Dome and expansion of the East concourses, awesome! Replacing the air-supported roof, i.e., not having air lock restrictions, opens up a host of possibilities.

PS - A related link (also by Ostrowksi, in August of '23) answers some questions about Wi-Fi. JMA's work was apparently done last year. The delay was attributed to carriers installing their own equipment.

It’s not really a WiFi network that they are talking about. It’s a neutral host DAS (distributed antenna system). This is a solution that provides enhanced in-building coverage for carriers networks (LTE/5G).

JMA built the DAS but likely charged the carriers to plug into it. There is often times material cost to the carriers to connect to a neutral host DAS. I would assume negotiations are what delayed it coming online in time for the season.

The other option is for carriers to build out their own in-building solutions, which come at a cost. JMA being a player in this space, and owning the naming rights to the Dome, probably removed that option from the table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom