Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

For someone who hasn't been following this thread -- why has this renovation been taking so long? It seems like the reno talk has been going on for years with little to show for it. Has it been the changes in the AD? the city/county/state? the lack of funds? a combination of all or more factors?

As jerry McGuire said show me the money.

What's that mean?
Redirecting athletic department income to the general fund, which in Buzz's case led to a slow death for the football team.
headshot_shaw.jpg
PP gets blamed for the fall of Syracuse football but in reality this man had much more to do with it.

there are a bunch of Ath depts facing these same issues.. people think colleges are rolling in money, but its not that easy to fund a university, most people make way less doing the same jobs people out in the real world would make

That's what I was afraid of. Pathetic if true.
Hopefully they are stockpiling the ACC money for the renovation...they really could expand the soccer field too and add a nice press box.

Where do you guys get this from? Conclusions without evidence. :noidea:

You know this is true. ACC Money from SUAD was redirected to SU because of the budget imbalance where SU under Cantor was dipping into endowment funds to pay for university operations. That's been corrected under Sevyrud including installing a budget process for all departments, schools, etc, that deans and professors have to follow for the first time in the history of the University. This includes regular departmental staff including rigorous travel budget restrictions where previously it was a free for all. Huge university resistance from what I was told until the BOT had put their stamp of approval on it.

I just don't know yet if this was a short term or going to be long term issue similar to the Buzz way of doing things. Basically from what I'm told SUAD has no money left over to do anything. I would be surprised if SU even advertises any football games this year. If they do advertise even a little bit, then maybe things are changing under Wildhack.

Last edited:
Redirecting athletic department income to the general fund, which in Buzz's case led to a slow death for the football team.
headshot_shaw.jpg
PP gets blamed for the fall of Syracuse football but in reality this man had much more to do with it.

PP gets the blame for being too much of a good soldier and not going public.

You know this is true. ACC Money from SUAD was redirected to SU because of the budget imbalance where SU under Cantor was dipping into endowment funds to pay for university operations. That's been corrected under Sevyrud including installing a budget process for all departments, schools, etc, that deans and professors have to follow for the first time in the history of the University. This includes regular departmental staff including rigorous travel budget restrictions where previously it was a free for all. Huge university resistance from what I was told until the BOT had put their stamp of approval on it.

I just don't know yet if this was a short term or going to be long term issue similar to the Buzz way of doing things. Basically from what I'm told SUAD has no money left over to do anything. I would be surprised if SU even advertises any football games this year. If they do advertise even a little bit, then maybe things are changing under Wildhack.

Wildhack has a lot of messes to clean up, mainly the guy before the last guy. Give it time but there's monies out there we haven't been realizing.

Advertising is always going to happen. That money is always there. I don't doubt anything you posted except for this. The bolded line is just silly

Advertising is always going to happen. That money is always there. I don't doubt anything you posted except for this. The bolded line is just silly

Actually that's from current staff not me...basically SUAD was so budget control oriented last year they couldn't afford traditional advertising and had to resort to website, email & social media methods. That appeals to diehards & existing season ticket holders but not the occasional fan. Many people at my office didn't know what weekends we had a home game and when and that we even had a new football coach.

Dont want to change the topic from a Dome redo versus advertising - that's not the point - except that there seems to be no money for anything and I don't think any money is being "saved" for a Dome redo let alone anything else. It is true that SUAD will be getting new ACC TV monies in 2018 or 2019 and the recent announcement regarding redoing the Nike contract could add more revenue. I just think that the extra money to SUAD should be allocated to keeping Dino & coaches and not go to SU.

Last edited:

Just WOW!! If this is true then I don't know what to say. Talk about little league and not learning from past mistakes. This isn't like a small mistake either. This stinks of small time thinking by old timers who are just stuck in the past. No wonder the past AD ran away from this place. Hopefully Wildhack can pull this administration into year 2017.

Just WOW!! If this is true then I don't know what to say. Talk about little league and not learning from past mistakes. This isn't like a small mistake either. This stinks of small time thinking by old timers who are just stuck in the past. No wonder the past AD ran away from this place. Hopefully Wildhack can pull this administration into year 2017.

If Dino wins there will be a massive push for compensation. The sky is still in the sky.

there are a bunch of Ath depts facing these same issues.. people think colleges are rolling in money, but its not that easy to fund a university, most people make way less doing the same jobs people out in the real world would make
That is most certainly not my experience. I saw many, many instances of people making obscene money and benefits in the 13 years I worked there...

i think that you are looking at the few and ignoring the many.. yeah there are people getting paid well.. but if they were doing that same job in industry would they be making less? I know in my field we probably make 50% less than what i could make in the real world.

Late to the game. Newhouse is the most recent and while it does signify a building boom, I don't think anything substantial has been done in over 5 years. Looking forward to seeing the Arch and Veterans' Center

i think that you are looking at the few and ignoring the many.. yeah there are people getting paid well.. but if they were doing that same job in industry would they be making less? I know in my field we probably make 50% less than what i could make in the real world.

There were many, not a few, and many of them were less qualified than they would have had to be in the private sector, so yes, they made more money at SU. I'm talking non-union positions.

Late to the game. Newhouse is the most recent and while it does signify a building boom, I don't think anything substantial has been done in over 5 years. Looking forward to seeing the Arch and Veterans' Center
I wouldn't have even seen the article if Syracuse University hadn't retweeted it.

There were many, not a few, and many of them were less qualified than they would have had to be in the private sector, so yes, they made more money at SU. I'm talking non-union positions.
Yep. Most of the unqualified overpaid people were in the Athletic Dept. Leal led that category for years. I don't doubt there is sone fat trimming ongoing on the hill. Would think this is temporary. Have heard multiple account regarding the recognition in what they have in Dino and will make every effort to ensure the future is bright in the FB side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom