Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

This has been in the plans for a while. But for me, it is where I stay when in town for games. So that will probably be the end of my travelling from AZ for games. As a single female when travelling (married in real life) it is a safe option on game days. And I don't have to rent a car which adds to my expense. With football ticket prices going up, and now this, that will probably be the end of my football season tickets and yearly trip. Maybe one more trip, and then my 50th, but this will definitely move the end up.

This has been in the plans for a while. But for me, it is where I stay when in town for games. So that will probably be the end of my travelling from AZ for games. As a single female when travelling (married in real life) it is a safe option on game days. And I don't have to rent a car which adds to my expense. With football ticket prices going up, and now this, that will probably be the end of my football season tickets and yearly trip. Maybe one more trip, and then my 50th, but this will definitely move the end up.

I thought the Sheraton was built for people like you and people who came to the university to attend other events. It seems a poorly thought out move.

Last edited:
what if they have plans to build a new hotel on the west end of the dome to replace the sheraton?

You could stay at the Hotel Skyler, which is only two blocks from the Sheraton or the Collegian (formerly Genesee Grande) which is only 4 blocks and I believe offers a shuttle.

You could stay at the Hotel Skyler, which is only two blocks from the Sheraton or the Collegian (formerly Genesee Grande) which is only 4 blocks and I believe offers a shuttle.
Hard to navigate inside from what I have heard, and just a few rooms. Hard to get into. I am Marriott platinum, so I got some free meals also. And I always can get into the Sheraton.

Hard to navigate inside from what I have heard, and just a few rooms. Hard to get into. I am Marriott platinum, so I got some free meals also. And I always can get into the Sheraton.

Why not Marriott downtown then? They do gameday shuttles for the football games and I believe some of the basketball games. It stinks that the Sheraton will no longer be an option but it’s something that’s been in the works for a while. It probably would have happened a few years ago if not for the pandemic. It would be nice if a new hotel was built somewhere near campus, but I’m guessing those plans are no more.

Why not Marriott downtown then? They do gameday shuttles for the football games and I believe some of the basketball games. It stinks that the Sheraton will no longer be an option but it’s something that’s been in the works for a while. It probably would have happened a few years ago if not for the pandemic. It would be nice if a new hotel was built somewhere near campus, but I’m guessing those plans are no more.
I have been stuck on that shuttle in traffic and barely made it to the game. Having a hotel on campus was sweet and hopefully they do something in the future.

Were there not other uses as well in that hotel. I know I attended a few events in the bldg that were hosted for Alumni of other schools. I would think a hotel on campus would be a big draw for lots of events that brings people to campus outside of sports.

I wonder what the usage rate of the hotel was on an avg weekend?

I guess turning it around to a dorm area is a faster win than building a new dorm someplace else on/around campus. Even with parking an issue you could put one down the west lot area and do parking under it to replace what is taken up with a new dorm area.

Were there not other uses as well in that hotel. I know I attended a few events in the bldg that were hosted for Alumni of other schools. I would think a hotel on campus would be a big draw for lots of events that brings people to campus outside of sports.

I wonder what the usage rate of the hotel was on an avg weekend?

I guess turning it around to a dorm area is a faster win than building a new dorm someplace else on/around campus. Even with parking an issue you could put one down the west lot area and do parking under it to replace what is taken up with a new dorm area.
Hopefully they knock down that parking garage. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

I have a hard time imagining the university doesn’t want a hotel someplace on campus. Too many visitors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom