Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 166 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Is it normal for a university to own an on campus hotel?

Just off the top of my head, since I've either stayed there or gone to a conference there: RIT and Cornell both own hotels, although I believe both have hospitality programs as part of their curricula.

I know my alma mater Mercer has a Hilton Garden Inn on campus now, but not sure the logistics of who owns it.

The ESF lot in stadium west might be a good spot especially with I-81 coming down. I'd rather have it as surface level parking but it hasn't happened.

This has been in the plans for a while. But for me, it is where I stay when in town for games. So that will probably be the end of my travelling from AZ for games. As a single female when travelling (married in real life) it is a safe option on game days. And I don't have to rent a car which adds to my expense. With football ticket prices going up, and now this, that will probably be the end of my football season tickets and yearly trip. Maybe one more trip, and then my 50th, but this will definitely move the end up.
Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

Thought this is pretty bomb way to do a retractable dome fwiw.

German engineering and such... A number of their Bundesliga stadiums are top notch.

I was also in London last month and went to Bills v. Jaguars at the new Tottenham Stadium... What a stadium that is. Fantastic game day experience and there were concessions everywhere and very manageable lines, even at half.

Boggles my mind they spent like $1.6 billion on metlife stadium and it's such a dump.

Last edited:
Thought this is pretty bomb way to do a retractable dome fwiw.

German engineering and such... A number of their Bundesliga stadiums are top notch.

I was also in London last month and went to Bills v. Jaguars at the new Tottenham Stadium... What a stadium that is. Fantastic game day experience and there were concessions everywhere and very manageable lines, even at half.

Boggles my mind they spent like $1.6 billion on metlife stadium and it's such a dump.

Pretty cool idea, don't think that would work in Syracuse with how much snow piles up.

The Bills new stadium design is based off the Tottenham Stadium so I hope it turns out similar

Pretty cool idea, don't think that would work in Syracuse with how much snow piles up.

The Bills new stadium design is based off the Tottenham Stadium so I hope it turns out similar
Bills needed to go retractable roof IMHO

If Bills are good they draw people and the snow games are the best, fans love them. if they become avg how many more show up with a roof anyway?

if Su had no roof you would have 5-10 less in the building now and bball would be someplace with 5-12k of fans at most and never became what it did.

If Bills are good they draw people and the snow games are the best, fans love them. if they become avg how many more show up with a roof anyway?

if Su had no roof you would have 5-10 less in the building now and bball would be someplace with 5-12k of fans at most and never became what it did.
I think you way short on your 5 to 10k less estimate especially in inclement weather.

Has anyone seen any images of what Miron Victory Court will look like on the inside?

I want to see a game where skills and strategy are the most important factors...not the weather. That's not even counting how awful it is for fans when the temp is <40 and there is snow all over. I know some say they love that... but it's not for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom