Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 167 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I want to see a game where skills and strategy are the most important factors...not the weather. That's not even counting how awful it is for fans when the temp is <40 and there is snow all over. I know some say they love that... but it's not for me.

In my view, as long as the weather is not the 'main story' I feel playing in the elements is, in part, what makes the game as great as it is. Temps below 40 isn't that big a deal IMO (I'm 59) however, I agree when it's in the low teens or single digits, let alone below zero as it was last week in KC, that's a horse of a different color, especially when there's any significant type wind, etc.

It's not too often that games are played in driving type rain or snow storms, or crazy excessive winds, etc., but in those cases, then I definitely see where closing the roof (in those instances) is more desirable.

It's a long season, and when you get to the playoffs and have earned the right for home field advantage, as a fan, I'll take any earned advantages you can get. :)

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if some day there’s a hotel attached to the west end of the Dome. It could create a large spacious area with escalators to all levels of the Dome. Expanded locker rooms, restaurants etc. They could even build it over the street and into the hill. Anyone have some spare cash laying around?

I wouldn’t be surprised if some day there’s a hotel attached to the west end of the Dome. It could create a large spacious area with escalators to all levels of the Dome. Expanded locker rooms, restaurants etc. They could even build it over the street and into the hill. Anyone have some spare cash laying around?
All of that here including parking for guests?
Screenshot 2024-01-19 080443.png

Now I want to see a Dome Dorm or Dome Hotel. That could be cool. Screw parking.
They could potentially build a hotel aside the Dome and have rooms that are open to the stadium much like Rogers Center in Toronto. It would take some serious construction, but would be amazing. Put some recruits in those rooms and they will be signing up immediately.

The original idea was underground parking.
in that spot? Where is that original idea described? To me, that's a small footprint for parking even if underground. You would need several floors just for parking.

Is it normal for a university to own an on campus hotel?
I know Ohio State uses a former dorm as a hotel for the parents of visiting teams. Served a nice breakfast and parking on site.

All of that here including parking for guests?
View attachment 236701

It's a yuuuuuge space, and there's a parking garage directly across the street. Plenty big enough for a hotel.

That said, the space adjacent to a ~20-night-a-year demand generator isn't where the next hotel is going to be built. Especially with hotel financing as difficult as it is right now.

The university absolutely needs a top notch hotel close to or on campus.
Yes, it’s hard to imagine a University that wants to be considered a top institution not having one.

SU needs to pick up its academic game so that it can be considered a destination for top research conferences and events etc, so that occupancy is more than just for game days and parent visits.

Marshall Street is getting what appears to be a real bagel shop. I am excited about this development.

Think this is exactly the type of establishment we should all want for Marshall Street.

I hope they do well and become an institution at SU.

Marshall Street is getting what appears to be a real bagel shop. I am excited about this development.

Think this is exactly the type of establishment we should all want for Marshall Street.

I hope they do well and become an institution at SU.

Do they have keto bagels? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom