Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread

John Beilein

If JB retires after 2018, Beilein would be my absolute preference. Otherwise, with age and sustained success I think Michigan will lock him up.

Serious predictions/options only please.

Whether JB's here for 1 more year or 3, we need to start thinking about the future. Who's realistic and provides us a favorable future, keeping money in mind. I don't believe SU will give us the wallet that other programs of our calibre are granted.
Dan Hurley? I'll show myself out TY

Listening to a national show and they're saying Gmac is a candidate to take over for JB. Please don't let this be true.
Talk about not ready to coach. I think I would stop watching I would be so angry. That would make zero sense.

You are tiresome and an ostrich in the sand

You're freaking out "This is an outrage! I want my money back!" over one guy on a message boards completely baseless opinion that Syracuse won't pay for a good bball coach.

That's as dramatic as it gets. Plug it up.

I'd think that Red is ahead of GMac on the totem pole.

In 2006, Autry and his family moved to Northern Virginia. In Northern Virginia, Autry began his coaching career as the associate head coach at Bishop Ireton Catholic High School. In the spring of 2007, Autry became involved in the AAU circuit, by becoming the coach of the 14-Under squad with NOVA United.

During the 2007-2008 school year, Autry was named an assistant coach at Paul VI High School. In 2008, Autry switched AAU teams and became an assistant coach for the 17-Under AAU squad Team Takeover.

In the fall of 2008, Autry was hired by Virginia Tech's Head Men's Basketball coach Seth Greenberg [16] as the Director of Basketball Operations. Autry held that position for two years and was then promoted to assistant basketball coach for the Hokies. In the spring of 2010, Autry was on his way to the University of Dayton [2][17] to become the associate head coach under Archie Miller. However, he never made it there. A position with his alma mater Syracuse University[18] became available when Rob Murphy (basketball) was named the head coach at Eastern Michigan University. Autry quickly accepted the position and remains there now.[19][20] Autry currently coaches and develops the forwards position.
Do we even want him then? The development of the forward position lately hasn't been stellar.

Half the heads on this board would explode if they were fed a steady diet if Bennett's style of play.

You mean intense man to man defense? What everyone has been begging to see for the last 40 years.

I don't pretend to know more about coaching than guys that get paid millions to do it.
You are very aggressive with your stance on things perhaps you should also relax

I'll give 10,000 to 1 odds that this doesn't happen. I think you and others forgot that we're Syracuse and not Duke or Kentucky.

Annual ACC contender
Melo Center
Attendance record setter/holder
Carrier Dome
40+ years of consecutive winning seasons
Considerable wallet.

Considering Beilein may have his son's coaching career in mind and Syracuse would definitely be a promotion from Michigan, I wouldn't call this unreasonable.

You mean intense man to man defense? What everyone has been begging to see for the last 40 years.
Games in the 50s. The 1950s.

Would Bennett be possible? That'd be a homerun and a half.

There are a lot of non P5 HCs with potential so to choose one now wouldn't make sense. We can have that discussion when JB finally steps down. Of the P5 coaches I think Buzz Williams would be a good pick. Guy has won with little talent. I know most people here hate him, but that is only because most of you are juvenile idiots.

There are a lot of non P5 HCs with potential so to choose one now wouldn't make sense. We can have that discussion when JB finally steps down. Of the P5 coaches I think Buzz Williams would be a good pick. Guy has won with little talent. I know most people here hate him, but that is only because most of you are juvenile idiots.

I'd love Buzz Williams.

I think Mike White at Florida should get a look, I think one of his first calls as an assistant should be to Patrick Beilein at Lemoyne

FWIW, his brother, Danny (now AD at UCF) was interviewed by SU for the open AD position, post- Gross