FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame

Giter done.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I just do not think the way the scope of the NCAA is changing the ACC could allow ND to go and be a partner with another conference. I did not use the word member but I think partner with ND would be a better term to use as I think if ND signs with the ACC we will be looking at a partial member status only. At the big boy table ND still throws around a lot of weight and having them look out for the ACC would be in the best interest in the ACC.

BTW, if true...would Pitt and Syracuse have a proxy vote for them?

If true, which other school benefits most: UConn or Rutgers? Or neither?

What about a school like Navy for football only? That would give ND another member they play every year as a conference game.

doesn't seem like anyone knows if this is full or partial membership

this is out of WVU...they certainly dominate this kind of information...both real and made up. However, may not be true but consideration of ND is taking place--previous thread.

this is out of WVU...they certainly dominate this kind of information...both real and made up. However, may not be true but consideration of ND is taking place--previous thread.

Its funny how the message has changed. It has gone from there is absolutely nothing going on and this is all internet chatter to there may have been some back door convos to there have been real convos to plays for teams and decisions being made. We've come a long ways from a couple months ago where all talk of expansion was the fantasy of a lone WVU fan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If this has any legs...I wonder if ESPN is playing Daddy Warbucks here...it would be a huge plum for them to rip ND away from the NBC'ers...plus it would make NBC's bid to drive up contracts an empty threat. It makes way too much sense that maybe the ACC will allow ND some special concessions to join after the NBC contract expires. Overpay the ACC a little and effectively neuter a potential competing bidder.

If this has any legs...I wonder if ESPN is playing Daddy Warbucks here...it would be a huge plum for them to rip ND away from the NBC'ers...plus it would make NBC's bid to drive up contracts an empty threat. It makes way too much sense that maybe the ACC will allow ND some special concessions to join after the NBC contract expires. Overpay the ACC a little and effectively neuter a potential competing bidder.

and officially kill the big east

Please. Nothing of value emanates from WVU fanboards. Well, maybe they are good for a few laughs. And laughter is good for the soul. So perhaps I was a bit too harsh.

Let me try that again. Nothing of truth emanates from WVU fanboards.

The BE died last September...after suffering a mortal wound 8 years earlier related to a genetic defect discovered in the 1980s.

Who were the hoops schools that shot down Penn State? Villanova, Georgetown and Providence? That's when the Big East shot itself in the foot and set forth its own slow, painful death.

A Pitt fan (with a source yes...I know :rolleyes: ) sez ND and Rutgirls to the ACC. BTW, he is a long time poster...but I see it more WV fantasy like as the source continues to weave out several conference moves.

A Pitt fan (with a source yes...I know :rolleyes: ) sez ND and Rutgirls to the ACC. BTW, he is a long time poster...but I see it more WV fantasy like as the source continues to weave out several conference moves.

ick ... no rutgers

give me Navy or Ville