FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame

1. i have no idea about their other sports. just like i have no idea about Syracuse's other sports. i keep getting damn text messages about them but i dont care. im sure rut has had some kind of success in track, soccer, softball etc. expansion is about football, obviously rutgers falls short...and about tv rights. this is where they fit.

2. its personal, so whatever.

for the record, im not adamant, could care less who other than ND comes. if its nobody and the status quo of 14 stays, then great too. weve gone over this a million times.

You don't care about men's basketball? Okay, then they have sucked in football for 1.5 centuries. Better?

How is it personal? No one affliated with Rutgers Football has ever threatened me or my family. I'd rather SU dominate the NYC/New Jersey region with regard to recruiting and not have to worry about anyone else. If that's personal, well then okay it's personal.

You seem to care a lot. Your expansion posts are never about Notre Dame. They're always about Rutgers and how SU fans who don't want to see them in the ACC are eedeots who resist for personal reasons.

so its personal.

ill forward your 'sound' reason to swofford and the rest of the acc presidents and ad's.

Yes, because thinking its advantageous for SU is totally personal. Good call.

why?

because of rutgersal?

because of your personal feelings?

give me a solid reason.

i hate em, but they make the most sense.

Let me give this a shot.

1. The primary reason the ACC should not be interested is because that "brand" has such a strong scent of failure surrounding it. With a few exceptions the public association of Rutgers and poor teams is rooted in history and fact.
2. The RU football program is rooted in a gigantic fraud. It was a program no one asked for as demonstrated by the poor support they got for decades. It was the brainchild of a few people, including disgraced AD Bob Mulcahy. Shiano's whole strategy was to pump the place up on promises that had little chance of becoming reality. He miraculously got out of Dodge City as it was becoming clear that the future he was promising was never going to occur.
3. The NYC/NNJ TV market is just 7% of the US total and these people watch whatever is seen as the best college game available that day. There is no local allegiance. People in NJ already watch FSU and Miami and Clemson.
4. Rutgers and the State of NJ are in bad, bad financial condition. And the Rutgers athletic program is bleeding the students for millions and millions of dollars. How long do you think thats going to be allowed to continue? With no real support from NJ politicians, RU is vulnerable to draconian cuts. If NJ were to pass a law --- like other states have --- that denies General Fund money to the Athletic Department, the whole circus tent is going to collapse. Is that the partner you want in your conference.
5. Rutgers and UConn have already demonstrated that they are willing to sue other Universities to help their athletic departments.

To those scratching their heads over why SU and Pitt were invited to the ACC and not RU and UConn ... these are just some of the reasons.

BC has had a pretty good run in the ACC for football, when you look at it

Seriously. Any SU fan who wouldn't trade our performance over the past 7 years for theirs is out of their gourd.

OU-B1G.jpg
You also don't know how to use this meme correctly but whatever. Talk about Ashton Broyld and how much you hate Rutgers some more.

Since Diamond Ferri game they are SIGNIFICANTLY better than Syracuse. That's 9 years now right? I mean they went to a bowl for a decade straight and were in the ACC Championship game twice. We better look to them as the barometer b/c that is a record i'd take to the bank. Their big problem was hubris (on the coaches side). Tom O'Brien didn't realize how good he had it in Boston (the 8 win seasons weren't reasons for getting canned) and Jags was a complete boob for interviewing with the Jets after he was told he'd get fired if he did it. Now BC has Weekend at Bernies coach (Spaz) and they will see a big downturn b/c he's not that good a coach.

We are hitting the ACC at the right time with our cousin to the east. Key is can we start winning consistently like they did?

You also don't know how to use this meme correctly but whatever. Talk about Ashton Broyld and how much you hate Rutgers some more.

35kv8m.jpg

You don't care about men's basketball? Okay, then they have sucked in football for 1.5 centuries. Better?

How is it personal? No one affliated with Rutgers Football has ever threatened me or my family. I'd rather SU dominate the NYC/New Jersey region with regard to recruiting and not have to worry about anyone else. If that's personal, well then okay it's personal.

You seem to care a lot. Your expansion posts are never about Notre Dame. They're always about Rutgers and how SU fans who don't want to see them in the ACC are eedeots who resist for personal reasons.
no i dont post about notre dame coming to the ACC, nor do post about Penn St going to the ACC. same with the New York Giants, theyre not coming to the ACC either.

of the 3, ND has the best chance, which is the theme of this thread. i dont have the time nor the inclination to figure out if 15 is better than 16, so i figured with 15, a 16th was inevitable. hence rutgers.

saying you dont want rutgers in the ACC because you want Syracuse to have an easier time recruiting is personal. nothing wrong with it, i feel the same way. but dont come in a thread using that a reason, youre just waisting bandwidth and look foolish. i want the baseball all star game to be the New York Yankee hitters, with an AL East comprised pitching staff(minus the Yankee arms) v a team of NL all stars. its my little dream that aint happening, so i dont post about in Yankee forums.

that said, rutgers to the ACC makes more sense as the 16th than anything else out there. townie made good points, but i cant see it being a stopping point. otherwise, storz has zero history, is already in the footprint and lville alums still cant figure out what the ACC stands for.

so the "sat. 10:00 am announcement" came and went with no announcement... is this thread complete fabrication?
What is fabricated about this thread? I posted what was being said (most of us agreed it was probably false given WVU fans' record on such stuff). Are you the board monitor now?

What is fabricated about this thread? I posted what was being said (most of us agreed it was probably false given WVU fans' record on such stuff). Are you the board monitor now?

Probably my own fault... was scanning quickly and thought it might be legit.

Got to page 4 and determined that not be the case...

Rutgers is good at zero sports, at least UCONN has basketball, and already surpasses Rutgers at football. If Rutgers had any value in NYC or NJ, someone would have picked them up. Rutgers isn't even in anyone's conversations for expansion, that should tell everyone how irrelevant they are.

Rutgers is good at zero sports, at least UCONN has basketball, and already surpasses Rutgers at football. If Rutgers had any value in NYC or NJ, someone would have picked them up. Rutgers isn't even in anyone's conversations for expansion, that should tell everyone how irrelevant they are.

I have to call Baloney on this. I have my inside source (Goes by the secret name of Rutgers A.L.), anyway, he has it on good authority from the bartender at Joe's Tavern and Grill, who regularly serves well placed RU administrative personnel (one as high as 3rd assistant maintenance engineer) that Rutgers is being pulled into the B1G with Oklahoma to salvage what they can. Texas appears to be begging to tag along, but the B1G is demanding that UT is only welcome if they can play nice with Baylor and bring them in too. This seems to be the hold up. UT cannot play nice with other Texas schools so it is unclear whether the two Texas schools will be coming or not. Expect a decision within the week, announcement to follow immediately.

Source also says that if this occurs, ND is already begging ACC to accept ND in all sports as this fills the B1G slots and they cannot get in.

Finally source says, and has corroborated with a secondary source in Texas (ChipB) and third source in West Virginia (a man he calls the Dude) that Alabama and Florida (with Tennessee and Mississippi possibly joining them) are heading to the Big East for NYC exposure. Claims NNBE TV deal will be close enough for them to make it work and that they would have better access to the New Jersey recruits they have so long coveted but with Rutgers heading to the B1G, the loss of this recruiting ground must be preserved for their future stability as top ranked teams.

Anyway, that's what he said...

To be fair, and I usually don't care about that where Rutgers is concerned, I think they are halfway decent at wrestling.

Since we Title-9 jettisoned our wrestling program and booted our HOF coach, Gene Mills, in the process, it's a bitter pill.

To be fair, and I usually don't care about that where Rutgers is concerned, I think they are halfway decent at wrestling.

Since we Title-9 jettisoned our wrestling program and booted our HOF coach, Gene Mills, in the process, it's a bitter pill.

Rutgers is the Giant of "Sleeping Giants"...I'd love to keep it that way.

Rutgers also never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Rutgers can always be counted on to lose a chance at something they never had a chance at.