FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame

How will we know when ND makes a decision? Will there be white smoke coming out of the head of "Touchdown Jesus?"

22417364.jpg

Exactly. It's just a matter of time. Nebraska and The Sooners -- getting the band back together.

Well OU is going to B1G to replace Penn State who are going to the ACC along w/ Notre Dame for all sports.

Really smart move on the ACC's part since that will keep FSU and Clemson happy being big time football additions. Plus the ACC's 5 year look in will now bring huge additional $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Can we not post rumor unless they come from a legitimate source? Until CBS/ESPN/NBC etc post a rumor like this can we just ignore it?

Just because some assclown has the power of a keyboard and an public place to post something doesn't mean he has any clue what's going on. How many people had the SU/Pitt to ACC rumor? NONE.

Can we not post rumor unless they come from a legitimate source? Until CBS/ESPN/NBC etc post a rumor like this can we just ignore it?

Just because some assclown has the power of a keyboard and an public place to post something doesn't mean he has any clue what's going on. How many people had the SU/Pitt to ACC rumor? NONE.

Actual one newsreporter did. David Glenn ACC Sports Journal about a week before said it was Texas and Syracuse and if Texas was a no go without getting special concessions for the LHN, then Pittsburgh would likely move up into the second spot. The Friday before the actual announcement on Saturday he said Syracuse and Pittsburgh would be invited.

Cheers,
Neil

Actual one newsreporter did. David Glenn ACC Sports Journal about a week before said it was Texas and Syracuse and if Texas was a no go without getting special concessions for the LHN, then Pittsburgh would likely move up into the second spot. The Friday before the actual announcement on Saturday he said Syracuse and Pittsburgh would be invited.

Cheers,
Neil

If that is true and FSU/Clemson bolt that will be looked back upon as the mistake that killed the ACC as a football conference.

If that is true and FSU/Clemson bolt that will be looked back upon as the mistake that killed the ACC as a football conference.

This assumes Texas was legitimately interested rather than trying to use a move to the ACC as leverage into getting what they wanted from the Big 12.

Cheers,
Neil

This assumes Texas was legitimately interested rather than trying to use a move to the ACC as leverage into getting what they wanted from the Big 12.

Cheers,
Neil

Without a doubt. Texas is a southern version of ND. Willing to screw over anyone they need to in order to get what they want for themselves.

nd & rutgers and close up shop.

football, academics and footprint.

perfect.

hey nd...sign here, press hard, 3rd copy's yours.

done.

expansion would be through here on the East Coast. the rest of you eedeots can do whatever the F you want.

next.

nd & rutgers and close up shop.

football, academics and footprint.

perfect.

hey nd...sign here, press hard, 3rd copy's yours.

done.

expansion would be through here on the East Coast. the rest of you eedeots can do whatever the F you want.

next.

Anything that involves Rutgers = no.

so the "sat. 10:00 am announcement" came and went with no announcement... is this thread complete fabrication?

Anything that involves Rutgers = no.
why?

because of rutgersal?

because of your personal feelings?

give me a solid reason.

i hate em, but they make the most sense.

why?

because of rutgersal?

give me a solid reason.

Because their existence in the derelict craphole that is the Big East will kill their recruiting. Their rise to mediocrity was only as a result of our downfall in recruiting.

Their being mired in the muck that is the Big East purgatory is advantageous to us. Let 'em fester.

Every conference needs a doormat and Rutgers has an impressive resume in that regard.

Because their existence in the derelict craphole that is the Big East will kill their recruiting. Their rise to mediocrity was only as a result of our downfall in recruiting.

Their being mired in the muck that is the Big East purgatory is advantageous to us. Let 'em fester.
so its personal.

ill forward your 'sound' reason to swofford and the rest of the acc presidents and ad's.

why?

because of rutgersal?

give me a solid reason.

Two reasons:

1. They have consistently sucked on an annual basis in absolutely every sport other than women's basketball for 1.5 centuries (and counting).

2. Despite their extreme suckicity, they have somehow brainwashed convinced a few kids here and there to attend their school and play for their joke of a program (not that this has helped them on the field, but it sure makes their fans more delusional). The longer they are members of a dying/has-been mid-major conference, the more this oddity will dissipate in all sports, which will only help SU recruiting in the long-run.

Your turn - why are you so adamant in their inclusion?

As Syracuse fans, a good number of us want both Rutgers and UConn to wither on the vine in the BE. It differentiates us from them at a time when we desperately need a leg up in Northeast recruiting. At the same time, from a macro conference view, I think most of us are willing to admit that adding one of those two schools along with ND would be about as good an outcome as we can expect in the current environment.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but Swofford needs to get creative here and get ND in the fold some way, even if it's through major concessions on the football side. It's the conference they want to be a part of - from academics to alumni base geography to Olympic sports.

You can even be more specific: Their rise was the result of SU's coaching change, which led Ray Rice and Courtney Greene to back out of their verbals to SU and sign with Rutgers. I contend that without Ray Rice, Rutgers would have still been miring in the bottom of BE football.

Two reasons:

1. They have consistently sucked on an annual basis in absolutely every sport other than women's basketball for 1.5 centuries (and counting).

2. Despite their extreme suckicity, they have somehow brainwashed convinced a few kids here and there to attend their school and play for their joke of a program (not that this has helped them on the field, but it sure makes their fans more delusional). The longer they are members of a dying/has-been mid-major conference, the more this oddity will dissipate in all sports, which will only help SU recruiting in the long-run.

Your turn - why are you so adamant in their inclusion?
1. i have no idea about their other sports. just like i have no idea about Syracuse's other sports. i keep getting damn text messages about them but i dont care. im sure rut has had some kind of success in track, soccer, softball etc. expansion is about football, obviously rutgers falls short...and about tv rights. this is where they fit.

2. its personal, so whatever.

for the record, im not adamant, could care less who other than ND comes. if its nobody and the status quo of 14 stays, then great too. weve gone over this a million times.

You can even be more specific: Their rise was the result of SU's coaching change, which led Ray Rice and Courtney Greene to back out of their verbals to SU and sign with Rutgers. I contend that without Ray Rice, Rutgers would have still been miring in the bottom of BE football.
eh - they still had Brian Leonard and the weakest schedules in the history of BCS football, so their time under Schiano wouldn't have been much different really. Schiano was still a very good and incredibly persistent salesman and with their schedules they didn't need a great running back to get to a few minor bowl games. Ray Rice or no Ray Rice they would be what they are and have been since 2005 - a middle of the pack at best team in the weakest bcs conference.