FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FWIW: Eers Saying ACC Emergency Meeting i.e Notre Dame

Agreed: IMHO Ville or UConn first choice, then Cincy, Navy, USF, UCF, Army, UMass, Buffalo, Nassau CC, NC A+T, West Genesee HS, CBA......huge gap...Rutgirls

BTW, the ND/Rutgirls rumor I found out is BS. So disregard.

ACC ACC ACC ACC, NOW THAT THIS IS DONE, WHERE IS THE PREMIUM BOARD!

If it's a full membership (which I doubt), I strongly prefer Navy as #16 for a whole host of reasons. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Notre Dame insisted on them as a condition of joining.

If it's partial, wouldn't this mean we now have the magic number of 6 lax teams and can officially claim an auto-bid? And in basketball, the conference would now have 6 former Big East teams, continuing to make the move more palatable to long time BEast fans. So from a Syracuse perspective, I see this as a giant "win" for us. Let's hope it's true!

If it's Rutgers I will literally puke...and I haven't puked in literally 35 years...My streak will literally end.

This is either a great Chris Traeger reference or an unwitting impression.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

This is either a great Chris Traeger reference or an unwitting impression.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ha! I was actually thinking of Ted Mosby's "Vomit Free Since '93" line in How I Met Your Mother when I read that!

Please. Nothing of value emanates from WVU fanboards. Well, maybe they are good for a few laughs. And laughter is good for the soul. So perhaps I was a bit too harsh.

Let me try that again. Nothing of truth emanates from WVU fanboards.

Exactly. How is it that these WVU people know what's going on with Texas, the Big 12 in general, FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame and the ACC?

I will say that the comedic value of their message board has actually managed to increase. I don't think ND is going to the ACC in any capacity and don't believe that any meeting is taking place today, but the "we didn't want them anyway" posts on the WVU board are hilarious.

If ND gets invited as a partial, will the ACC stop with an odd number, or will they look to add another non-football member to balance things out?

It would be a riot if Villanova gets the call, while UConn and Rutgirls are left out.

Exactly. How is it that these WVU people know what's going on with Texas, the Big 12 in general, FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame and the ACC?

Because the corridors of power are almost always filled with WVU alums... and by "corridors of power" I mean the drive-thru lane at McDonald's.

Who were the hoops schools that shot down Penn State? Villanova, Georgetown and Providence? That's when the Big East shot itself in the foot and set forth its own slow, painful death.

Providence actually voted for Penn St.

Nova, Georgetown, and St Johns were the likely suspects.

If ND gets invited as a partial, will the ACC stop with an odd number, or will they look to add another non-football member to balance things out?

It would be a riot if Villanova gets the call, while UConn and Rutgirls are left out.

Divisions are only for football, so I'd guess they just stop at 15.

Pretty sure this is a bogus rumor.

upenn

If this is, in fact, true I am very conflicted. I hate ND and everything they (athletically) stand for. Their arrogance is impossible to take. That being said, I think (again, if true) this is about partial membership. If that is true, I can live with it. Hopefully the ACC doesn't believe that this will be an 'in' for getting their FB (see East, Big). And if it is only partial, then there is no reason to bring in UConn or New Brunswick St. I want neither in the ACC in any capacity.

One good point that someone above made is that if this were to happen, ACC Lax becomes an AQ (not that it wasn't before, but at least the bogus ACC Lax tourney might mean something for a team on the bubble).

I still can't believe that the BE's biggest cash cow, in both major sports (and by a wide margin), is still on the outside looking in.

This has to be as a result of ND hearing about Oklahoma's impending move to the B1G.

If this is, in fact, true I am very conflicted. I hate ND and everything they (athletically) stand for. Their arrogance is impossible to take. That being said, I think (again, if true) this is about partial membership. If that is true, I can live with it. Hopefully the ACC doesn't believe that this will be an 'in' for getting their FB (see East, Big). And if it is only partial, then there is no reason to bring in UConn or New Brunswick St. I want neither in the ACC in any capacity.

One good point that someone above made is that if this were to happen, ACC Lax becomes an AQ (not that it wasn't before, but at least the bogus ACC Lax tourney might mean something for a team on the bubble).

That would be such a killer league...literally if scheduling is done correctly they could qualify all 6 teams to the tourney in some years. While not much of a cash maker now...the ACC would be in great position to reap any benefit if lacrosse goes national.

University of Toronto. Git 'er done. ACC goes international.

This has to be as a result of ND hearing about Oklahoma's impending move to the B1G.

Exactly. It's just a matter of time. Nebraska and The Sooners -- getting the band back together.

Hard to believe they would join as a full member - who needs them for partial?