FWIW | Syracusefan.com

FWIW

sabach

All American
Missouri did not vote on the TCU addition upon the advice of legal counsel.

IMO that means that Missouri is out and just waiting for the SEC to invite. However, that invite might not come.

My guess is that the Big 12 offers BYU and Louisville today.

If Missouri somehow stays in the Big 12, the Big 12 will be at 12 with TCU, Louisville and BYU. In that case, the SEC will add one more, but not WVU. No way, SEC passes on Missouri and then says yes to WVU.

If Missouri goes to SEC, Big 12 will add WVU. Let's hope Missouri goes SEC and the SEC doesn't have to look at the ACC for team 14.

Missouri did not vote on the TCU addition upon the advice of legal counsel.

IMO that means that Missouri is out and just waiting for the SEC to invite. However, that invite might not come.

My guess is that the Big 12 offers BYU and Louisville today.

If Missouri somehow stays in the Big 12, the Big 12 will be at 12 with TCU, Louisville and BYU. In that case, the SEC will add one more, but not WVU. No way, SEC passes on Missouri and then says yes to WVU.

If Missouri goes to SEC, Big 12 will add WVU. Let's hope Missouri goes SEC and the SEC doesn't have to look at the ACC for team 14.

Honestly, who will they get from the ACC? VaTech isn't leaving. Miami won't either. It will be either Clemson (who cares) or Fla State, and Florida doesn't want Fla State in there. And if I were Fla St, I wouldn't want to go to a conference I had no shot of winning in the next decade. Contrary to popular belief, Fla St's shite does stink, and so has their football team in recent years. They will be middle of the road SEC, at best, for the first five seasons or more, and may never surpass an Alabama or LSU, or Fla for that matter.

I just don't see any team other than Clemson jumping ship, which is not a conference killer by any stretch.

I wouldn't be shocked if Houston is added to the mix at some point. A&M was lost (not far from Houston, even though A&M is more of a state-wide base of fans) and Houston has a nice history in both football and basketball.

If Mizzou can't get into the SEC, I wouldn't be shocked to see Louisville try and get in there. Helps balance the east/west concern some members of the league have and they have a natural rival with Kentucky. Plus the SEC needs decent basketball. The Cards have that.

AS Mike Leach said, TCU is a nice add but it by no means comes even close to replacing T A&M.. not even close. As he said, I don't care how many times TCU beats A&M could or would have beat A&M the past 10 years, it doesn't replace them. Too funny, I think that is what people lose touch with here, it's not how good your team is today, its past, present, and future.

If Patterson leaves TCU, they could be a doormat in 2 years

They (TCU) could be (a doormat), yes. But at the same time, people probably thought the same thing about Dan Monson at Gonzaga, and Mark Few has done just fine carrying that program forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom