FYI, fully expectinng Mr Sales to be back and ready to roll | Syracusefan.com

FYI, fully expectinng Mr Sales to be back and ready to roll

Will he be allowed to participate in team meetings and conditioning this year?

Or will he not be cleared until next semester.

Will he be allowed to participate in team meetings and conditioning this year?

Or will he not be cleared until next semester.

Next semester from what I was told on Saturday

Good call if true. Standards need to be consistant.

While it makes our team better, I am really surprised that Marrone is allowing this. He had a problem for what ever reason with Sales last year and it hurt the team. I am sure what ever Sales was doing last year, it wasn't as bad as his current situation. So why take him back? What type of message does that send to the team? I just hope that it doesn't end messy like Mike Williams. IMO Marrone did a terrible job handling that.

Look at it this way: he'd have the Spring to show that he's bought in to the Marrone way and that he's behaving accordingly... sort of like another (final) round of tryouts.

Wow. Putting aside the legal/moral issues here, this gives the 2012 team a significant boost.

Don't see what the problem is, the kid wasn't convicted of a crime.

What moral issues are there? Sales went through the court system and was cleared of all charges. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

What moral issues are there? Sales went through the court system and was cleared of all charges. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.
Agreed kid deserves a second chance

Nice lecture. Thanks.

Nice lecture. Thanks.
Ok, not sure why the sarcasm... You make a statement questioning legal/moral issues, why don't you back it up with WHY there is something legally/morally wrong.

Certainly don't see any negatives in giving the kid a second chance since he was not charged with anything. Would love to have another playmaker next year

why is everyone so quick to assume that he was in the wrong and that it wasnt all his brother? He didnt get convicted of anything, in fact there wasnt enough to even try him.

Certainly don't see any negatives in giving the kid a second chance since he was not charged with anything. Would love to have another playmaker next year

I agree. With Sales looking like he's headed back, any update on Jonny Miller?

Good. Hope he stays out of trouble, don't need the team damage that could develop if he doesn't. Never thought Mike Williams would break team rules after being let in after cheating on those finals. Then I never thought Mike Williams would break team rules after being suspending for breaking team rules after being let in after cheating on those finals. You've all read there was an old lady who swallowed a fly.

Offense could really use him.

Ok, not sure why the sarcasm... You make a statement questioning legal/moral issues, why don't you back it up with WHY there is something legally/morally wrong.

You obviously didn't read what I said. I said "putting aside the legal/moral issues." I never took a position either way. The only thing I did say was that this was a boost for the 2012 team. That's when you jumped on a soap box and gave me a lecture on the judicial theory.

You obviously didn't read what I said. I said "putting aside the legal/moral issues." I never took a position either way. The only thing I did say was that this was a boost for the 2012 team. That's when you jumped on a soap box and gave me a lecture on the judicial theory.
Typing 3 sentences in a general way isn't a lecture. The fact you had to add in that made it seem like a backhanded comment. It is a boost for the team. I just wonder how you can comment on issues that have been proven false

Typing 3 sentences in a general way isn't a lecture. The fact you had to add in that made it seem like a backhanded comment. It is a boost for the team. I just wonder how you can comment on issues that have been proven false
I guess you missed the part where this is still in the hands of SU's judicial system. This isn't done yet.

I guess you missed the part where this is still in the hands of SU's judicial system. This isn't done yet.
And he should be fully exonerated by them as well. If they look at what charges stuck (i.e. nothing) how can they find him guilty of anything? The Judicial Board can't say "well he was originally charged with this before it was dropped so lets suspend him."

And he should be fully exonerated by them as well. If they look at what charges stuck (i.e. nothing) how can they find him guilty of anything? The Judicial Board can't say "well he was originally charged with this before it was dropped so lets suspend him."
It is a different standard both within the SU judicial system and, more importantly, within Marrone's system.

Again, and for the final time, I'm not taking any stance on whether he should or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom