Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

The wAy I look at it, hes already lottery so ahy enroll early? The benefit is maybe he can move into the top 5 and the risk is he falls way back. Seems like an unnecessary risk

The wAy I look at it, hes already lottery so ahy enroll early? The benefit is maybe he can move into the top 5 and the risk is he falls way back. Seems like an unnecessary risk
This lottery is loaded - I don't think he's there yet.

Interesting point about potentially hurting his stock. UConn isn't exactly a well oiled machine right now - Ollie could ask him to do more than he's capable of which could end up showing several flaws in his game. I'd have to imagine if he stayed at PSA and declared in June, the latest he'd go is mid-20's. I guess it's possible he goes to UConn, balls out, and ends up playing himself into the back end of the lottery.

But yeah it's hard to imagine he'd go to class...is that an APR risk UConn is willing to take? Their team isn't that good this year so getting him isn't a season changing event. He'd be doing it to get more exposure for June. If he was serious about actually going to college he'd wait until next Fall and go to UK/UConn for the full year.

This lottery is loaded - I don't think he's there yet.

Interesting point about potentially hurting his stock. UConn isn't exactly a well oiled machine right now - Ollie could ask him to do more than he's capable of which could end up showing several flaws in his game. I'd have to imagine if he stayed at PSA and declared in June, the latest he'd go is mid-20's. I guess it's possible he goes to UConn, balls out, and ends up playing himself into the back end of the lottery.

But yeah it's hard to imagine he'd go to class...is that an APR risk UConn is willing to take? Their team isn't that good this year so getting him isn't a season changing event. He'd be doing it to get more exposure for June. If he was serious about actually going to college he'd wait until next Fall and go to UK/UConn for the full year.
Taking in a kid half way through the year reeks of desperation to begin with. So maybe they are willing to risk the possible APR hit as well.

Btw, I debate with myself whether I would want to add a player of his caliber at this stage of the season. I am leaning no, although we are fairly desperate.

Taking in a kid half way through the year reeks of desperation to begin with. So maybe they are willing to risk the possible APR hit as well.

Btw, I debate with myself whether I would want to add a player of his caliber at this stage of the season. I am leaning no, although we are fairly desperate.

Uconn is garbage this year (glass house i know). For me, its more about uconn showing it can land top recruits.

Uconn is garbage this year (glass house i know). For me, its more about uconn showing it can land top recruits.
I agree. But, I also agree that he would risk exposing himself. I don't see what he has to gain from jumping in at UConn for the second half of the season.

UConn...has lots of injuries this year. They could use help now.

You dont understand the discussion were having.
Sorry...the discussion strayed to why would Uconn would take him now (in addition to draft potential) with APR implications ..,. I just added to that. UConn is down a few guys (Larrier SF and a guard or two). That's it .....sorry to butt in.

Sorry...the discussion strayed to why would Uconn would take him now (in addition to draft potential) with APR implications ..,. I just added to that. UConn is down a few guys (Larrier SF and a guard or two). That's it ...sorry to butt in.

No its fine but i was discussing plusses and minuses for hami

"he has options, it's not just Kentucky, it's Connecticut, Arizona, and some other places ..."
:(

I haven't really been paying attention, but I don't see why he would go to UK this semester unless it was a sure thing he was going there next year as well. Just can't see him not entering this upcoming draft.

@AdamZagoria 9m9 minutes ago
All signs point toward @Diallo1Hamidou leaving @PSAhoops and making a college decision soon. UK & Arizona start Jan. 11, UConn Jan. 17.

Wherever Diallo goes be likely won't play until 2017-18, per multiple sources. Will train and practice this semester.

Diallo isn't eligible for @McDAAG
so he's not really missing anything at the prep level by going to college this semester.

@AdamZagoria 9m9 minutes ago
All signs point toward @Diallo1Hamidou leaving @PSAhoops and making a college decision soon. UK & Arizona start Jan. 11, UConn Jan. 17.

Wherever Diallo goes be likely won't play until 2017-18, per multiple sources. Will train and practice this semester.

Diallo isn't eligible for @McDAAG
so he's not really missing anything at the prep level by going to college this semester.
He's getting bad advice imo. NBA teams are already hoping to invest a 1st round pick on him. He's probably getting caught up with the pro development crap from Calipari. Should give cats like Aaron Harrison, Deron Lamb, and Marquise Teague a call about that.

He's getting bad advice imo. NBA teams are already hoping to invest a 1st round pick on him. He's probably getting caught up with the pro development crap from Calipari. Should give cats like Aaron Harrison, Deron Lamb, and Marquise Teague a call about that.
Yeah, doesn't make much sense.

Maybe he will go to UK, use all their facilities and exposure, then enter the draft in June. Get all the perks of college without potentially getting exposed!

Totally agree. Stay off the radar, declare and get paid. I love Hami but I could totally see a Paul Harris exposure with his game.

The Diallo/UConn and Green/Cuse situations are hiliariously similar. From recruiting the kid before he blew up, to him basically living on our campus, to giving every indication to people that they'd go to Cuse/UConn, to even the "silent verbal". Then Calipari shows up.

All you can really do at this point is sit back and shake your head

He should skip college and go straight to NBA draft. His value will never be higher. If he goes to college as soon as he misses his first shot his value will go down. NBA GM's wet themselves for a high school talent.