Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

I should clarify. Once Quade committed to UK we had no chance. I meant that Quade to us = Diallo to UConn.

Now I feel better, that we weren't even that close, and that Uconn fans can feel even more miserable for a few days.

Writing was on the wall with this kid -- surprised some Uconn fans are shocked at this. Should have learned from the Quade situation.

Now I feel better, that we weren't even that close, and that Uconn fans can feel even more miserable for a few days.
No doubt. Once we didn't get Quade, we weren't gonna get Hami, no chance. And us missing on Quade is a similar to hurt to what UConn will feel losing Hami.

Yeah and on draft night they'll announce him as being from Kentucky and Pay Pal Cal will be sitting there with him, hugging him and his family, saying how much he loves Hami, and then put another name on his wall that he "got" into the league...blah blah blah.

So sick of these 5 stars going just down the road to UK. I did get to thoroughly enjoy, however, UofL beat UK this year. Was at that game and it was a rockin.

Yeah and on draft night they'll announce him as being from Kentucky and Pay Pal Cal will be sitting there with him, hugging him and his family, saying how much he loves Hami, and then put another name on his wall that he "got" into the league...blah blah blah.

So what? It works. Sucks for us but his method clearly works.

The kid will go from riding on the Subway to having a chauffeur in a Mercedes Benz till draft day

Diallo will declare for NBA...will never play for UK.

Just sayin...
Ironic thing is he could have gone to Storrs and probably got 30 minutes a game starting tomorrow and still declare for the draft in the summer. He'd rather practice against UK than play against the AAC.

Ironic thing is he could have gone to Storrs and probably got 30 minutes a game starting tomorrow and still declare for the draft in the summer. He'd rather practice against UK than play against the AAC.
I think it is about him NOT playing anymore until the draft. He can practice against top notch competition to prepare for draft workouts without potentially exposing any weaknesses.

They get totally under coached, for the college game.
One title with all the GREAT players at Kentucky is a joke.
The guy should NEVER lose a game.

So what? It works. Sucks for us but his method clearly works.
Number one or two recruiting class year in and year out with one championship to show. I guess we have a different definition of his method working.

Number one or two recruiting class year in and year out with one championship to show. I guess we have a different definition of his method working.
Agreed. Not only do UK's miraculous recruits underperform, the program is a pseudo-academic farce run by a guy nicknamed "pay pal" who's had FF appearances vacated at his last two coaching stops.

You could make the case Kentucky has underperformed their talent year after year. His one calling card is "putting guys in the league" - the problem with that is that these kids are all one and done anyways.

In short, he's as huckster.

If I was a Kentucky fan, it would get old. I'd want more from my talent; better coaching.

You could make the case Kentucky has underperformed their talent year after year. His one calling card is "putting guys in the league" - the problem with that is that these kids are all one and done anyways.

In short, he's as huckster.

If I was a Kentucky fan, it would get old. I'd want more from my talent; better coaching.
Yes 4 FF's, 1 title (and 1 runner-up), 3 conference tournament titles and 3 conference regular season titles all in the last 6 years is certainly "underperforming". Oh and in the same time span he's had 38-2 and 38-1 season; both of which they went undefeated in the SEC. You could make a strong argument that if it wasnt' for Storz, Cal would have 2 more titles.

Saying the Calipari has underperformed is one of the weirdest hang-up's people have. Winning a single elimination tournament is very difficult, especially when you have new players every year - the randomness of what can happen in a single game makes it really, really hard to win championships consistently.

Calipari has not underachieved, not even close.

If you were a UK fan it would get old? Really?