Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

UK (Booooo!) Or Uconn (Booooooooo!!!!!!)

Last week I had the opportunity to speak to a high ranking member of an NBA front office, and asked him about Diallo, here's a summary of his response;

One question is his jumper (which he said has potential to become consistent-good), but his ability to attack the basket is so good that teams are willing to hope it develops. Elite physical tools. Most underrated part of his game is that he has potential to be a lockdown defender when focused on that end. Good character off the court. Doesn't matter if he goes to school or straight to the draft; bona fide first round pick with potential for late lottery.

Another interesting point from our conversation, I asked him about Thon Maker and the prep-pro route. I was a bit surprised by this, but he said the notion that said route 'hides' players is extremely overblown, because their scouts have hundreds of hours of AAU film against quality competition. Whatever flaws that Diallo (/any prep-pro player) has are already known to scouts, but that college film wouldn't take away from his perceived 'ceiling', because they are drafting on upside. FWIW, he mentioned that he had Maker as a mid-late first round grade.

Everyone's favorite, Quade Green, says this about Hami...

"I think it’s Kentucky," Green told Jason Jordan of USA Today after finishing with six points, seven rebounds and six assists in an 82-56 loss to Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler.

**Side note.. Q and NG got smashed by The Juice Man and Wheeler.

"I think it’s Kentucky," Green told Jason Jordan of USA Today after finishing with six points, seven rebounds and six assists in an 82-56 loss to Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler.

How amazing would it be if Shai Alexander beats out Green next year.

Quck Fuade.

Still a few minutes away.. but the above guy will live stream it for those that are interested...

So is this pretty much Hami announcing which school he will milk a semesters room and board from until he enters the 2017 NBA Draft?

So is this pretty much Hami announcing which school he will milk a semesters room and board from until he enters the 2017 NBA Draft?

Basically...

Unlimited cash Cal strikes again. I'm really turned off to the whole recruiting scene. IMO it's dirtier than ever and NCAA is a joke who turns a blind eye to it but will nail programs who commit minor "infractions" that have no bearing on recruiting or a kid choosing a school. All the top 25 kids end up at the same 5 schools -- UK, Duke, Arizona, Kansas, UNC. The rest of the pack fight each other viciously to try to get one kid in the 26-35 range.

Unlimited cash Cal strikes again. I'm really turned off to the whole recruiting scene. IMO it's dirtier than ever and NCAA is a joke who turns a blind eye to it but will nail programs who commit minor "infractions" that have no bearing on recruiting or a kid choosing a school. All the top 25 kids end up at the same 5 schools -- UK, Duke, Arizona, Kansas, UNC. The rest of the pack fight each other viciously to try to get one kid in the 26-35 range.

Me too what is the point K and Cal are ruining the sport.

Guys - for those who didn't follow the Diallo saga - this is LITERALLY the same story we had with Quade. The whole situation is eerily similar.

I didn't follow any of it, how close were we?