Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

We need some backcourt depth next year. Not saying it's Diallo, but one injury there and we're screwed. Even without an injury, need someone.
Battle, Richardson, Howard, Joseph. I don't see anything wrong with that depth. JB only plays three guards and we should have four.

jr4750 said:
Ugh, if Malachi leaves we are once again hurting for depth badly. Especially if TR and KJ take off. As good as a true freshman top 15 player may be, I would much rather have a Soph MR.
I think Malachi is returning. I don't see Diallo reclassifying for us if Malachi returns...

orangenirvana said:
Battle, Richardson, Howard, Joseph. I don't see anything wrong with that depth. JB only plays three guards and we should have four.

Joseph?

I meant someone who can contribute.

Joseph?

I meant someone who can contribute.
tumblr_ny7fbcPNyx1uiwpaqo4_400.gif

I think Malachi is returning. I don't see Diallo reclassifying for us if Malachi returns...
Ah, got it. Well happy to take him in 2017 too. Hope he is willing to wait that long. I imagine he wants to get to college ASAP to try and get to the league ASAP.

depth is the least of our worries if malachi leaves. Next years team will not be great without him.
We will be returning 0 o our top 3 leading scorers, and have no proven one on one scorers. we could possibly drop out of the top 25.
He alone would make Battle 40% better next year.

Ugh, if Malachi leaves we are once again hurting for depth badly. Especially if TR and KJ take off. As good as a true freshman top 15 player may be, I would much rather have a Soph MR.

I've seen multiple mentions of TR leaving now and don't understand where that is coming from? Just based on JB saying one asanine comment after a game? Where the heck is Roberson going, it sure isn't the NBA and can't imagine he's going to sit out a year to play one year. Just don't get how that's even mentioned at all.

I've seen multiple mentions of TR leaving now and don't understand where that is coming from? Just based on JB saying one asanine comment after a game? Where the heck is Roberson going, it sure isn't the NBA and can't imagine he's going to sit out a year to play one year. Just don't get how that's even mentioned at all.
The TR thing is rumor that has originated from people close to him. I'd take it with a grain of salt but crazier things have happened. Has nothing to do with what Boeheim has said in press conferences.

No high level D1 player thinks that college is their limit (nor should they, a player needs confidence). If you ask 100 D1 starters if they can play in the NBA, 100 are going to say, yeah I could. Heck, I have a friend who was a fringe WR at a JUCO who still, at 41, thinks he can play in the NFL.

I've been in this corner since JB returned and Joseph became glued to the bench.

It means a few things:

Malachi isn't leaving. Never really thought he would. If he was, we'd need to fill that spot with someone of his caliber.

We need someone to fill Joseph's spot. Can't go with three guards. That may be all JB plays, but one injury and we have only 2 guards.

jr4750 said:
any idea what level he will head to Jake? Is this a Providence like transfer, or a St. Bonaventure like transfer?

< Syracuse. No idea otherwise.

any idea what level he will head to Jake? Is this a Providence like transfer, or a St. Bonaventure like transfer?

Bonaventure has two guards that are already better than Joseph, plus a kid from a low level (Central Connecticut) sitting out this season. I don't think he's good enough to even play in the A10.

I would say Patriot/MAAC/America East at this point.

Bonaventure has two guards that are already better than Joseph, plus a kid from a low level (Central Connecticut) sitting out this season. I don't think he's good enough to even play in the A10.

I think he needs a year with no expectations, where he can just play and gain confidence.

Providence wanted KJ badly a few years back. Will be interesting to see if Cooley will still have any interest in this next go round. UConn and Rhode Island are loaded at the guard positions, when talking other local New England options for him. I guess MAAC/NEC/America East type might be his best bet to land at.

Providence wanted KJ badly a few years back. Will be interesting to see if Cooley will still have any interest in this next go round. UConn and Rhode Island are loaded at the guard positions, when talking other local New England options for him. I guess MAAC/NEC/America East type might be his best bet to land at.
Come on, Great Danes of Albany!

Bringing the conversation back to Hamidou Diallo. Is it just coincidence that Tyus Battle may/is heading up to Syracuse this weekend to join Matt Moyer on the weekend that Diallo is visiting? Putting on the full court press for the young man?