Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

Hmmm... Add that to things being quiet on our front with recruiting him.. More things that make you go hmmm. Love to hear how the Cal supporters can spin this one...

Hmmm... Add that to things being quiet on our front with recruiting him.. More things that make you go hmmm. Love to hear how the Cal supporters can spin this one...
Are you kidding? Cal is going to say how this kid wanted to come to UK so bad, he turned down a million dollars. They will mention it during every freaking game. Playing for Cal is worth more than a million dollars. Personally, I don't see how they get these three guards to work together. I think Ulis and Murray might be able to co-exist, but they both really need the ball, especially if Murray is trying to get to the league sooner rather than later. But, you add the ultimate ball stopper in Briscoe and I don't see how it works. Anyway, the media will be saying how Murray turned down a million dollars just for the opportunity to be coached by Coach Cal. Puke.

Are you kidding? Cal is going to say how this kid wanted to come to UK so bad, he turned down a million dollars. They will mention it during every freaking game. Playing for Cal is worth more than a million dollars. Personally, I don't see how they get these three guards to work together. I think Ulis and Murray might be able to co-exist, but they both really need the ball, especially if Murray is trying to get to the league sooner rather than later. But, you add the ultimate ball stopper in Briscoe and I don't see how it works. Anyway, the media will be saying how Murray turned down a million dollars just for the opportunity to be coached by Coach Cal. Puke.

Oh that is the spin no doubt.. My point is how illogical that really is to say UK outsells a couple mil overseas on merit alone. UK is invincible i have come to just accept that. Clean? No way in chef ramseys kitchen but that makes no difference if evidence is locked up tighter than fort knox under the supervision of someone who used to knock those walls in. Puke city indeed. That said every title they dont add is a victory for college hoops. You get the blue blood cheaters in the mix only to fall to a better overall team.

How we gets them to mesh is impressive but a big part of that is that they keep getting paid and he gets his own sideshow at the draft. He is a marketing wiz for sure. I hope Coyle learned a few tricks to leverage with Hop on that side of things when the legend finally hands over the keys.

Oh that is the spin no doubt.. My point is how illogical that really is to say UK outsells a couple mil overseas on merit alone. UK is invincible i have come to just accept that. Clean? No way in chef ramseys kitchen but that makes no difference if evidence is locked up tighter than fort knox under the supervision of someone who used to knock those walls in. Puke city indeed. That said every title they dont add is a victory for college hoops. You get the blue blood cheaters in the mix only to fall to a better overall team.

How we gets them to mesh is impressive but a big part of that is that they keep getting paid and he gets his own sideshow at the draft. He is a marketing wiz for sure. I hope Coyle learned a few tricks to leverage with Hop on that side of things when the legend finally hands over the keys.
I totally agree with you. Logic has no place here.

I'm sure any top 10-20 recruit could get a 7 figure contract overseas. Not sure why it's a big deal.

Cal supporter!

Joking or not the response itself adds to what is obvious in any thread that ridicules Cal and UK. Its either due to being a supporter or an obsession with trying to be the voice of reason on the internet. Otherwise it makes little sense some of you show up in every single thread his name is mentioned...

Joking or not the response itself adds to what is obvious in any thread that ridicules Cal and UK. Its either due to being a supporter or an obsession with trying to be the voice of reason on the internet. Otherwise it makes little sense some of you show up in every single thread his name is mentioned...

Sorry, I will leave you to your Circle jerk :)

I'm sure any top 10-20 recruit could get a 7 figure contract overseas. Not sure why it's a big deal.
That is part of the point. The UK hype machine is going to feed this to the mindless press and they will make a huge deal out of it, even though, as you said, pretty much any top ten kid could get a huge deal overseas. And, as you might have noticed, the media creates the narrative and the majority of the public (including impressionable teenaged recruits) buy it hook line and sinker. It feeds the machine and Cal is a master at manipulating the press. I honestly don't blame him, I blame the press for being his sheep.

That is part of the point. The UK hype machine is going to feed this to the mindless press and they will make a huge deal out of it, even though, as you said, pretty much any top ten kid could get a huge deal overseas. And, as you might have noticed, the media creates the narrative and the majority of the public (including impressionable teenaged recruits) buy it hook line and sinker. It feeds the machine and Cal is a master at manipulating the press. I honestly don't blame him, I blame the press for being his sheep.

I think he's posting in response to how conveniently this feeds the "Cals a cheater" narrative. But i agree with you FWIW.

I think he's posting in response to how conveniently this feeds the "Cals a cheater" narrative. But i agree with you FWIW.
Yeah, you are probably right, for the record, I think he is a cheater. The whole "but he has never been caught" crap, is true. However, 5 minutes after he left UMass...heavy sanctions. 5 minutes after he left Memphis...heavy sanctions. The fact that he hasn't been caught is a testament to his scheme, not his innocence.

Back on the subject--

Murray vs USA in the Pan Am games tonight. Zero points going into the 4th quarter. Ended with at least 22 (thru OT). Totally took over the game. And, at 18, he is the second youngest player in the entire tournament.

At least he'll be gone from Kentucky after his one year.