Class of 2024 - G Mikayla Blakes (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Mikayla Blakes (NJ) Offered

Mikayla is a 6’0” combo guard!

Super sophomore Mikayla Blakes is Central Jersey Sports Radio Girls’ Basketball Player of the Year​

20220312_10125928029-e1647106831699.jpg
Rutgers Prep sophomore Mikayla Blakes goes up for a shot in the first half of the Non-Public Group B title game on March 12, 2022. (Photo: Mike Pavlichko)
Girls Basketball Notebook
March 30, 2022 by Mike Pavlichko
It’s rare that a senior – sometimes even a junior – isn’t named Player of the Year, in just about any sport, whether in high school or college.
But when someone is as good as Mikayla Blakes, just a sophomore at Rutgers Prep, the class year gets thrown out the window.
And so, Blakes is the inaugural Central Jersey Sports Radio Girls’ Basketball Player of the Year, an honor that’s well-deserved.
The numbers are impressive. Consider that as a frosh in the short COVID year she scored double figures in seven of 13 games – and in each of the season’s final five games – her encore was even more impressive: 18.3 points per game, and double figures in all but three games – two of which were blowout wins, while the other was a loss to Westtown, PA.
But she was so much more than the numbers showed. A double-threat, she could get hot from downtown – hitting five times in a game twice, including against Gill St. Bernard’s in the Somerset County Tournament final – but was devastating off the drive as well.
And as she explained to Central Jersey Sports Radio’s Mike Pavlichko this week, there’s a reason for that.

Last edited:
Have to get her. First time I have seen Mikayla spelled the same as my daughter. Must be at least five other spellings I have seen.
This young lady is clearly a fantastic young woman.

Have to get her. First time I have seen Mikayla spelled the same as my daughter. Must be at least five other spellings I have seen.
This young lady is clearly a fantastic young woman.
Not in her top 7, so I think that's a no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom