Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what tour saying and your concern...dont have those vibes with Q. Still say this is one we win. Not to say its definitely happening but I think we are the lead horse in this and I dont think it's very close. Then again these are kids and as everyone likes to say, "recruiting is fluid!"
i'm still confident . . . but i didn't know we were up against antigua. that introduces an element of uncertainty in my mind

serious question..has Syracuse ever won a recruiting battle with McGill? We just might be in trouble.

Well their assistant coach also works with Brookwood Elite (his aaa team in MTL) and he’s very connected. We could be in trouble here. And before the board goes crazy, yes that is legal in the CIS. Coaches also conduct in home visits with the athlete and his parents at center court after every game. Lol. How can we compete with all the advantages they get? If he chooses McGill over Cuse, it’s forsure the average attendance. Their entire season of attendance could fill section 104. Like no empty seats.

Just reading this in the Zags article has to make you feeel super confident

Guerrier enjoyed his time at Syracuse and felt a strong bond with several players, including Canadian native Oshae Brissett. He is being recruited by head coach Jim Boeheim as well as assistant Red Autry.

“To be honest, I enjoyed my visit,” he said. “I had a good relationship with the coaches and the players. I knew some players because they had Oshae, Tyus [Battle], Buddy [Boeheim] and Howard Washington. I feel comfortable right now with Syracuse.”

With Battle having tested the NBA Draft waters and then returning to campus, Guerrier could slide in at the wing position in 2019.

He also visited Oregon earlier this month. The Ducks have also produced many Canadian products, and currently have freshman Abu Kigab.

“The same thing, pretty much,” he said. “But I don’t feel comfortable like I feel comfortable with the [Syrcause] players. My relationship with the players from Syracuse was better than with Oregon.”

“The same thing, pretty much,” he said. “But I don’t feel comfortable like I feel comfortable with the [Syrcause] players. My relationship with the players from Syracuse was better than with Oregon.”

This is big. "Same thing, pretty much" = not the same thing at all. He strongly favors SU over Oregon, at least as of right now. Hopefully he announces within a couple weeks.

i'm still confident . . . but i didn't know we were up against antigua. that introduces an element of uncertainty in my mind
Hopefully Red and our staff’s relationship with him is stronger. We’ve been recruiting him a long time— for a year and a half. He first visited in June 2017. Illinois just got seriously involved this summer. They are also recruiting several other in-state or nearby wings/SFs for 2019. Whereas he’s our priority at the wing spot. Elijah could move to SG next season and Quincy would slide in at SF. He could also possibly contribute this season.

If u guys followed snapchat the night of his visit you wouldn't have a worry in the world about where he was choosing to go...seriously! When I say this kid had z good visit and got along REALLY well with the current players it's not a understatement...laugh all u want because its snapchat but it completely explains the Zags article and why he said he had the chemistry he did with our guys.

two words: nerlens noel
He (OA) doesn't have quite the same bank roll at the Illini as he did in Lexington, however, we know for a fact that that school has cheated before, and probably will again. So, let's hope he still likes us when he returns.

If u guys followed snapchat the night of his visit you wouldn't have a worry in the world about where he was choosing to go...seriously! When I say this kid had z good visit and got along REALLY well with the current players it's not a understatement...laugh all u want because its snapchat but it completely explains the Zags article and why he said he had the chemistry he did with our guys.
Man, I want you to be right so badly. This is the guy I want the most.

Hopefully Red and our staff’s relationship with him is stronger. We’ve been recruiting him a long time— for a year and a half. He first visited in June 2017. Illinois just got seriously involved this summer. They are also recruiting several other in-state or nearby wings/SFs for 2019. Whereas he’s our priority at the wing spot. Elijah could move to SG next season and Quincy would slide in at SF. He could also possibly contribute this season.
Antigua is a great recruiter. And working six years for Calipari he learned every "illegal" trick in the book. Some of which I am sure he invented.
  • Spent five seasons on Jamie Dixon‘s staff at Pittsburgh followed by six years assisting John Calipari at both Memphis and Kentucky

Antigua is a great recruiter. And working six years for Calipari he learned every "illegal" trick in the book. Some of which I am sure he invented.
  • Spent five seasons on Jamie Dixon‘s staff at Pittsburgh followed by six years assisting John Calipari at both Memphis and Kentucky

Wasnt he the coach at St. Raymond's in the City before he joined Pitt? If so, he might have taught Calipari a thing or two.

He's not recruiting for Calipari at Memphis and UK anymore. No more bag man.
Illinois has a history of cheating, both in basketball and football. In the past, they had a very sophisticated "booster" set-up. The famous Butkus comment--"I'm the first guy who went from college to the NFL and took a pay cut".

He's not recruiting for Calipari at Memphis and UK anymore. No more bag man.
i've always thought the "bag" thing was overstated. in any case it's not the only tool in the box. Orlando has always been a formidable opponent on the trail

i've always thought the "bag" thing was overstated. in any case it's not the only tool in the box. Orlando has always been a formidable opponent on the trail
Not that I know many people in this world, but one guy I do know (NBA) suggested that when Cal first got there, the bag stuff was pretty heavy, but once he got established it tapered down quite a bit.

Now, what I don't know, and have started to suspect, is that the bags were still flowing, but they were less booster related and more third party interests (sneaker) related.

Now, what I don't know, and have started to suspect, is that the bags were still flowing, but they were less booster related and more third party interests (sneaker) related.
that certainly seems to be the case

I used to think the same thing about 'bags' (no matter what source they came from), but in knowing what I know now, and talking to and reading many sources, it was always way more real than I ever imagined.

Yes I’ve heard that. But he also washed out at South Florida as a head coach. I know there were some NCAA issues with his brother, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.