Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article indicates that Illinois has hinted that Quincy could start or be a leader on the team THIS season. I hope that's not enough to sway him because I think he'd start next year for sure at Syracuse. Interesting read...

Illini target Guerrier stopping in C-U this weekend
It would be pretty short-sighted to focus on choosing a college based on playing time this season. He wouldn’t start practicing til late December and wouldn’t be eeligible until January. There’s always a learning curve for kids new to a program and college and time needed to get acclimated. you’re joining a team mid-stream, mid-season. If Illinois was gonna be an NCAA tourney team, maybe it would be worth it because you’d have all of March too. But Illinois is not going to be a tourney team, let alone a tourney contender. It doesn’t make sense to choose a school based on playing time you get in January and Feburary, and QG knows it. By March, Illinois’s season will be over.

I think he decides this week. And If I had to bet, I would bet on us.

Hope you're right. This kid is the key to continuing the high level of play next year.

People can think whatever they want, but this kid plus Carey & Hughes are three high quality scorers. Add in Dolezaj plus Sidibe and we will be upper half ACC at minimum.

Throw in Akok & Girard plus someone like Wahab and we could be an elite team again in 2019-20.

Hope you're right. This kid is the key to continuing the high level of play next year.

People can think whatever they want, but this kid plus Carey & Hughes are three high quality scorers. Add in Dolezaj plus Sidibe and we will be upper half ACC at minimum.

Throw in Akok & Girard plus someone like Wahab and we could be an elite team again in 2019-20.

Yup. The shackles are off and we’re back.

Didn’t Oregon get someone really late or reclass for 2018? We sure they have room?

It won’t be Oregon. Us or Illinois.
Did you just say it won't be us, Ill or Oregon? Just last week he said they were the three schools. He hasn't visited anyone else in that time.

Not for nothing but Guerrier comes across as a good kid. Has enjoyed his visits but not been ostentatious. Not a social media whore begging for attention like a Jordan Tucker. My guess is that he would be a credit to the program on and off the court.

Q looks happier here than the pics he shared from his Oregon visit, but not as happy as he was at Cuse...

Well plus he has a great relationship with a lot of our guys. That kind of situation would make his unique circumstances much easier. I can't imagine too many teams are all that thrilled to have a dude show up mid season and start taking minutes away from them. At Syracuse, that would be mitigated quite a bit by his pre-existing relationships.

Did you just say it won't be us, Ill or Oregon? Just last week he said they were the three schools. He hasn't visited anyone else in that time.
Reading is fundamental. ;) (To be fair, I had to read it a second time to see the period.)

Status
Not open for further replies.