Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean has a new pod out with an update on Quincy, Akok and Stewart.

Is his pod still called Otto's World?
Can you get it anywhere but Patreon?
Thanks.

Should be around 9:15pm tomorrow
Screenshot_20181030-182934_Instagram.jpg

Is his pod still called Otto's World?
Can you get it anywhere but Patreon?
Thanks.
Yea, only on Patreon. He has some new info on both Quincy and Akok.

I hope he comes to SU but I would be very surprised as it appears that Hughes and possibly Buddy can play the small forward position.

When he selects Syracuse, will he be counted for 2018 or 2019 class grades? I suppose it depends on if he will redshirt 2nd semester or not.

When he selects Syracuse, will he be counted for 2018 or 2019 class grades? I suppose it depends on if he will redshirt 2nd semester or not.
I believe if he enrolls in Jan 2019 then he has five years from that date to complete his eligibility.

I hope he comes to SU but I would be very surprised as it appears that Hughes and possibly Buddy can play the small forward position.

Eh, not really. Both are more effective as guards in our system. Hughes as a 3 in the ACC is not nearly as special as he is as a big 2 guard. Think Mike Gbinije - JB saw that he would be way more effective if he could learn to play guard. That's Hughes, in my opinion.

Buddy is too skinny to play the back line. He's way better at the top of the zone. Think back to how when we used 6-5 guys like Josh Pace - no slouch, I'm sure you'd agree - and they would get roasted by weakside rebounders, who often went after the weak side 2 against 1. That's why JB recruits the way he does. He's not looking at what position guys played in HS.

Eh, not really. Both are more effective as guards in our system. Hughes as a 3 in the ACC is not nearly as special as he is as a big 2 guard. Think Mike Gbinije - JB saw that he would be way more effective if he could learn to play guard. That's Hughes, in my opinion.

Buddy is too skinny to play the back line. He's way better at the top of the zone. Think back to how when we used 6-5 guys like Josh Pace - no slouch, I'm sure you'd agree - and they would get roasted by weakside rebounders, who often went after the weak side 2 against 1. That's why JB recruits the way he does. He's not looking at what position guys played in HS.
Buddy has approximately 0% of the lateral food speed to play in our zone wing.
Makes Rick Jackson seem like pippen

Buddy has approximately 0% of the lateral food speed to play in our zone wing.
Makes Rick Jackson seem like pippen

Oops. Sorry, misunderstood your post. He can't cover corner shooters. He has a much better chance of cheating passing lanes at the top of the zone, taking advantage of his height and reach, kind of like Andy. Andy was not the fastest guy afoot either, but he saw the game well, and played "fast" mentally.

Oops. Sorry, misunderstood your post. He can't cover corner shooters. He has a much better chance of cheating passing lanes at the top of the zone, taking advantage of his height and reach, kind of like Andy. Andy was not the fastest guy afoot either, but he saw the game well, and played "fast" mentally.
his best position was in the backcourt, but andy played significant minutes at forward prior to his senior season.
because he recruits big guards, jb can play what are essentially 3 guard lineups with one of them dropping into the frontcourt on defense. not ideal, but he has done it often enough that we shouldn't dismiss the possibility of him doing it again

Kind of begs the question then, if they are all guards, how are Carey, Girard, Goodine, Hughes and Buddy all going to split minutes at the two guard positions next season, if none are going to get minutes at the 3. Because one would have to assume that they'll all be here.

Kind of begs the question then, if they are all guards, how are Carey, Girard, Goodine, Hughes and Buddy all going to split minutes at the two guard positions next season, if none are going to get minutes at the 3. Because one would have to assume that they'll all be here.
Seems like a lot of dudes on paper. Let's see what happens when they roll the balls out.

Status
Not open for further replies.