Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ship hasn't sailed, but it seems like we missed a good chance to lock him down. He made a Top 3, took visits including to Cuse, and then said he's open to new offers. That's not great. He's ripe for another P5 to swoop in and scoop him up, especially since he was lightly recruited so far and he just strung together great performances. We still have a great chance at landing him and it appears the staff is still pursuing him hard, so we'll see what happens soon probably.

There's more to it than that. Not sure that I agree with your last sentence.

There's more to it than that. Not sure that I agree with your last sentence.
What else is happening? I heard on this forum that he wanted to commit and the staff slow-walked him, presumably because they wanted to see if they could land one of the other guards they are pursuing. Is there more going on than that?

I think that Reid Ducharme would be a good addition to a developing team like Syracuse. However if he wants to open up his recruitment, it is better that he does it now before he commits. the Way he is doing this is more acceptable tgan the way Kamari Lands did last year (I.e., commit to Syracuse then say Whoops I want to see what else is out there but don’t worry Syracuse is still in consideration.

Reid is a good player who may or may not start his freshman year where ever he goes.

What else is happening? I heard on this forum that he wanted to commit and the staff slow-walked him, presumably because they wanted to see if they could land one of the other guards they are pursuing. Is there more going on than that?

The family's reaction to being told that the coaching staff wants to keep their options open, was to in turn tell the staff that they were going to do the same.

There’s something a little funny about the coaching staff asking a kid consistently scoring 30+ on sneaker squads all spring to hold off so we can wait for kids that haven’t even scheduled visits to our school yet

There’s something a little funny about the coaching staff asking a kid consistently scoring 30+ on sneaker squads all spring to hold off so we can wait for kids that haven’t even scheduled visits to our school yet
I wonder if the staff feels more confident "swinging for the fences" in the '23 SG cycle, because they feel they have a kid in the bag as a safety net? Someone by the name of Autry. Might have taken Reid's commit in any other year; which kinda sucks.

Agreed, it's odd given how hard they appeared to be pursuing them. I guess there could be a very limited number of scholarships in 2023, and the team could possibly be good so maybe they want to make sure they don't box themselves out of nabbing a one-and-done type that could really elevate the team into a contender. Or maybe there's something weird that happened.

Reid wasn't exactly tearing it up the whole spring. He was up and down.

We are not in position to turn down an average to slightly above average college player given our history of chasing 4 and 5 star guys and consistently losing out to other schools (especially when those guys are getting looks from schools that are consistently ranked in the top 25). The smart thing is to take the commitment from Reid then if we end up getting a much better player at the same position, allow Reid to decommit if he wants to, even if he signed a letter of intent.

We are not in position to turn down an average to slightly above average college player given our history of chasing 4 and 5 star guys and consistently losing out to other schools (especially when those guys are getting looks from schools that are consistently ranked in the top 25). The smart thing is to take the commitment from Reid then if we end up getting a much better player at the same position, allow Reid to decommit if he wants to, even if he signed a letter of intent.
If cuse can get Reid and JP to commit That would a good class

“Good” doesn’t cut it after the last 8 years. If JB wants to stick with an ancient defense he needs to out-talent the opposition. Guys like Reid aren’t good enough.
You want great recruits again in multiples? ... reach out to the NIL collective and put your $$ in. In this new arms race there is stiff competition. While that may not be allowed as a promise , it's not going to be a secret what programs have worked to setup the best opportunities for NIL. I'm at peace with realizing it's going to take a rare specimen to choose a program that has less opportunity than other options in front of them.

Man, do I ever disagree with some of the takes here. I would take Reid in a New York second. And a class of JP and Reid, with the class we just brought in, would be A -Ok with me. And I don't watch these things with Orange colored glasses. Those are two good players. And we will know it if/when they are on another team beating us.

Man, do I ever disagree with some of the takes here. I would take Reid in a New York second. And a class of JP and Reid, with the class we just brought in, would be A -Ok with me. And I don't watch these things with Orange colored glasses. Those are two good players. And we will know it if/when they are on another team beating us.
Amen. 144 percent agree. Reid crushed it this spring and summer in AAU. Yeah, he's not top 100 by every recruiting service, but top scouts like Adam Finkelstein say he's supremely undervalued nationally. Given the large 2022 class, I imagine 2023 will be a bit smaller, unless there are a ton of transfers out. Give me Reid and JP, all day and all night.

Amen. 144 percent agree. Reid crushed it this spring and summer in AAU. Yeah, he's not top 100 by every recruiting service, but top scouts like Adam Finkelstein say he's supremely undervalued nationally. Given the large 2022 class, I imagine 2023 will be a bit smaller, unless there are a ton of transfers out. Give me Reid and JP, all day and all night.
I think his stock has risen quite a bit in the last month. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him as a consensus top 80 guy.

Not true. Simply don’t have Boeheim-colored glasses on every single aspect of the program.

Lol. Doesn’t take any glasses to know saying a kid isn’t good enough is a negative. Your schtick is old.

Lol. Doesn’t take any glasses to know saying a kid isn’t good enough is a negative. Your schtick is old.
He is good enough to play at SU. He isn’t good enough to be a priority recruit when we need better players. Read any of my posts and tell me where I said anything otherwise.

We were terrible last year. We were one of the last teams selected the year before, and would have missed the tournament the COVID year. On top of not having a Top 7 regional seed since 2013. That means we have not been a Top 25 team in 10 years. Something is wrong, whether you like to admit it or not.

He is good enough to play at SU. He isn’t good enough to be a priority recruit when we need better players. Read any of my posts and tell me where I said anything otherwise.

We were terrible last year. We were one of the last teams selected the year before, and would have missed the tournament the COVID year. On top of not having a Top 7 regional seed since 2013. That means we have not been a Top 25 team in 10 years. Something is wrong, whether you like to admit it or not.

Getting regular top 30 guys year in year out will take NIL $$. The competition for those kids has changed immensely. We have to be on guys like Reid and JP as primary targets paired with other guys in the top 150 range. Have to find gems like Jesse too. As others have said for the time being staying off the bubble and soundly in the tourney is where we are.

Also we have always had success with top 50 75 kids. The top 30 guys are the gamebreakers and guys most likely to get you to a FF but not the only path. We need to build back up. Gotta start with a better year than last year and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom