Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is good enough to play at SU. He isn’t good enough to be a priority recruit when we need better players. Read any of my posts and tell me where I said anything otherwise.

We were terrible last year. We were one of the last teams selected the year before, and would have missed the tournament the COVID year. On top of not having a Top 7 regional seed since 2013. That means we have not been a Top 25 team in 10 years. Something is wrong, whether you like to admit it or not.
Ducharme can be a fine player on a good team. We have never started top 50 players at every position when we were good and never will. Just because we aren’t involved with players good enough for you now doesn’t mean we won’t be in the spring. We literally signed Mintz in April. Are you purposely ignoring that because it seems you are? There’s a long way to go in this cycle.

You can be mad about things in the past, but at least stop posting the same garbage in every recruiting thread especially when it seems like you‘ve made an opinion on a player based on top 100 lists and highlight tapes.

He is good enough to play at SU. He isn’t good enough to be a priority recruit when we need better players. Read any of my posts and tell me where I said anything otherwise.

We were terrible last year. We were one of the last teams selected the year before, and would have missed the tournament the COVID year. On top of not having a Top 7 regional seed since 2013. That means we have not been a Top 25 team in 10 years. Something is wrong, whether you like to admit it or not.

And that post wasn’t even referring to you. It referred to the post that said he wasn’t good enough. Nothing more nothing less.

Ducharme can be a fine player on a good team. We have never started top 50 players at every position when we were good and never will. Just because we aren’t involved with players good enough for you now doesn’t mean we won’t be in the spring. We literally signed Mintz in April. Are you purposely ignoring that because it seems you are? There’s a long way to go in this cycle.

You can be mad about things in the past, but at least stop posting the same garbage in every recruiting thread especially when it seems like you‘ve made an opinion on a player based on top 100 lists and highlight tapes.
This is so true. The kids we are recruiting today have nothing to do with our many games we won 7 years ago. To some, the perfect is the enemy of the good.

The waiting around to see what kids “blow up” has completely blown up in our faces. I hate this scrambling nonsense to see how they play out. I wish they would have taken Reid early when he wanted. Guarantee the kid would have played with so much confidence once committed to Cuse all spring and summer. SU isn’t out of this yet but man this could have been the easiest recruiting win of the decade

The waiting around to see what kids “blow up” has completely blown up in our faces. I hate this scrambling nonsense to see how they play out. I wish they would have taken Reid early when he wanted. Guarantee the kid would have played with so much confidence once committed to Cuse all spring and summer. SU isn’t out of this yet but man this could have been the easiest recruiting win of the decade
I would think the rule should be if he's good enough to offer, he's good enough to take.

I couldn't agree more. And I think it was you who said that we put off a kid for someone we didn't even have a visit from. Crazy. Hopefully, egos hurt aside, the right thing happens.

Exact reason we lost Roddy Gayle and Chance Westry last cycle. Zero sense of urgency

Exact reason we lost Roddy Gayle and Chance Westry last cycle. Zero sense of urgency
Not right on Gayle. He kind of played the coaches tbh. We were the leader and we were actively recruiting him and he all of a sudden committed to Ohio St.
I rip JB when I can but the staff didnt do anything wrong in that recruitment

“I rip JB when I can”
jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

It’s an exact quote.
It's a very bad quote but to be fair, I don't think that is what he meant. I think he meant to say I rip JB when I think it is fair and he deserves it. That would be a fine comment. What he wrote, isn't. And I would bet, he sees that now. This isn't a press conference and sometimes in a rush, things don't come out as we want them to or as we intend them to. It's happened to me, I know.

In the words of Nene Leakes… I SAID WHAT I SAID!

Lol I’m kidding. Poor choice of words but I do rip/get on JB probably harder than most because I have him at a standard that I dont think he’s holding his end of the bargain on his job and his dragging this program into mediocracy over his stubbornness drives me nuts. What the assistants have to do/the boulders on their shoulders in recruiting battles is unlike any other staff I can think of in the country. They have to do 98% of the recruiting. Not even machines of UK, Duke or KU do that.

And bees has every right to call me out on my exact words. I’ve done it to him plenty of times. The nature of an opinion board

Man, do I ever disagree with some of the takes here. I would take Reid in a New York second. And a class of JP and Reid, with the class we just brought in, would be A -Ok with me. And I don't watch these things with Orange colored glasses. Those are two good players. And we will know it if/when they are on another team beating us.
Nothing at all wrong with maintaining the NY/NE Brewster pipeline.

I wonder when he makes his choice. The on3 article, said that he's only talking to the 3 schools that he OVd.

FWIW, I talked to the On3 analyst earlier today. He says Reid's recruitment is a bit odd at this point. I asked the analyst whether he thought Reid was hoping for some "bigger" offers following his strong Peach Jam performances, and the analyst said that could be the case, but at this point, no one new is showing interest. I'm hopeful the JP/Reid Brewster to SU combo could happen.

FWIW, I talked to the On3 analyst earlier today. He says Reid's recruitment is a bit odd at this point. I asked the analyst whether he thought Reid was hoping for some "bigger" offers following his strong Peach Jam performances, and the analyst said that could be the case, but at this point, no one new is showing interest. I'm hopeful the JP/Reid Brewster to SU combo could happen.

...or that the lack of inbound interest helps steer him back to the Hill.

A joint commitment video would be fire. Future roommates.

I wish they both would pull the trigger and announce they are going to Cuse. I hate waiting -- seems like we are in a good position with each of them, but I'll feel uneasy until they announce their intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom