Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I do think SU has a really good shot with Reid. Although I believe his sister plays at UConn, so ...
99% sure UConn has moved on. With Stephon Castle locked in it’s likely Hurley will target a long, athletic wing instead.

Watched him play last night in the John Wall Holiday Tournament. Brewster lost to The Burlington School. Ducharme looked good; nice stroke, hit a few threes, good size, didn’t force things or hunt shots. Physical play by The Burlington School took Brewster out of their game. Ducharme seemed to be the only one of Brewster’s highly ranked players who matched the physicality.

Watched him play last night in the John Wall Holiday Tournament. Brewster lost to The Burlington School. Ducharme looked good; nice stroke, hit a few threes, good size, didn’t force things or hunt shots. Physical play by The Burlington School took Brewster out of their game. Ducharme seemed to be the only one of Brewster’s highly ranked players who matched the physicality.
Were Maya’s and Taylor Bowen playing for Brewster?

99% sure UConn has moved on. With Stephon Castle locked in it’s likely Hurley will target a long, athletic wing instead.
It is interesting comparing Ducharme to Castle.

Castle is ranked the 19th best SG in the country by 247. Ducharme is ranked 20th.

Were Maya’s and Taylor Bowen playing for Brewster?
Bowen, Ducharme, and Buzelis all started and played a lot of minutes. Bowen and Buzelis are long and rangy athletes but not physical nor aggressive and stayed on the perimeter. Both had nice lob dunks though. Bowen needs work on his shot and ball handling. Buzelis has skills, especially for his height, but got pushed around and harassed by stronger defenders.

Can't be at SU. In HS, we (Phoenix) played Hannibal and they had a couple of Duscharme (sp?) brothers/cousins, who knows. They kicked our butts every time.

It is interesting comparing Ducharme to Castle.

Castle is ranked the 19th best SG in the country by 247. Ducharme is ranked 20th.
What’s strange about the 247 composite is that he’s a borderline 5 star on 247 and Rivals but ESPN doesn’t include him in their top 100.

With regards to Reid, I think he’d be an incredible get for you guys. With luck I don’t see why he couldn’t end up similar to Buddy. He can really light it up and was one of the only guys who shot well at Peach Jam if I recall correctly.

What’s strange about the 247 composite is that he’s a borderline 5 star on 247 and Rivals but ESPN doesn’t include him in their top 100.

With regards to Reid, I think he’d be an incredible get for you guys. With luck I don’t see why he couldn’t end up similar to Buddy. He can really light it up and was one of the only guys who shot well at Peach Jam if I recall correctly.
Reid looks like a 4 year program guy. Every team has to have those guys.

Reid looks like a 4 year program guy. Every team has to have those guys.
Oh I agree he’s a 4 year guy but I think he could develop into someone who scores in bunches and ends up being the kind of go to scoring option that torches UConn each year. Maybe I’m wrong about his ceiling.

Wow. A Yukon guy who's not snarky. I guess I've lived long enough. Nice.

Oh I agree he’s a 4 year guy but I think he could develop into someone who scores in bunches and ends up being the kind of go to scoring option that torches UConn each year. Maybe I’m wrong about his ceiling.
Guys like that bite us too.

Can't be at SU. In HS, we (Phoenix) played Hannibal and they had a couple of Duscharme (sp?) brothers/cousins, who knows. They kicked our butts every time.
1975 Proud Phoenix grad!

Hannibal had a very good program for decades under Ken Sturges. They had a really good baseball program there too. I recall Shortslef’s at Hannibal.

My son who played in Syracuse but lived in Liverpool played in a pretty competitive Connie Mack summer baseball league there one summer.

Hannibal had a very good program for decades under Ken Sturges. They had a really good baseball program there too. I recall Shortslef’s at Hannibal.

My son who played in Syracuse but lived in Liverpool played in a pretty competitive Connie Mack summer baseball league there one summer.
The Bakers were pretty good. I believe the Shortslef's (wrestlers at least,) went to Fulton.) Some started at Phoenix, but Fulton had a superior wrestling program. (Per-Gene Mills at Phoenix.)

I had a helluva rivalry with a kid named Rupert from Hannibal when I was doing the HS thing.

Yes. He sounds like someday he is going to wear slippers, a cardigan sweater and smoke his pipe in front of the fireplace.

Maybe read the Wall Street Journal and pet his dog Max.
How about his dog Otto?

You look at shoulders like that, and you know that that kid is NEVER going to put on enough weight.
He’s never going to be a banger, but he can still be a baller. I prefer players with sturdier frames, but he could be skilled enough to be a contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom