G | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

G

One of the all time great performances by an SU player, and the most memorable senior day performance I can remember.

I believe Warrick had a career high(36?) on his senior day in getting Boeheim's 700th win. But we were much better than providence and blew them out.

Today? We needed every bit of what Gbinije gave to win today, and when the game got close he put it away with huge shots.

This is the type of invaluable insight that must keep you around here. Thank you. It's an absolute honor. The board has never been so lucky.
:D

One of the all time great performances by an SU player, and the most memorable senior day performance I can remember.

I believe Warrick had a career high(36?) on his senior day in getting Boeheim's 700th win. But we were much better than providence and blew them out.

Today? We needed every bit of what Gbinije gave to win today, and when the game got close he put it away with huge shots.

Dnic had a big one his senior year, I believe it was against St Johns, and I think he had 37. someone correct me if Im wrong.

Very well said. Even with him scoring 20 we're going down and on the bubble for real. Not only his shots but he is bailing us out playing PG all year because Joseph was overmatched and couldn't be trusted. I don't know if any player EVER has done this much for a Syracuse team.

As good as G was...uh Tyler Roberson...paging Tyler Roberson...uh yeah...

As good as G was...uh Tyler Roberson...paging Tyler Roberson...uh yeah...

When he fouled on that three you knew he was done. JB ain't letting that go.

Thought he might get back in because of foul trouble, but I don't think he ever came back. Hopefully he kicks it up - against UNC we will have to his rebounding prowess on full display.

When he fouled on that three you knew he was done. JB ain't letting that go.

Thought he might get back in because of foul trouble, but I don't think he ever came back. Hopefully he kicks it up - against UNC we will have to his rebounding prowess on full display.
I think he personally gave up about 20 points on the perimeter. He was awful.

Hats off to Silent G. He got better every single year. Substantially better. One of my favorite things about following CBB is watching players develop over a yearly basis. He has EXCELLED in that category. Great player and has had an amazing year

Absolutely amazing how far he's come, especially when you consider that he's played out of position for the past two years. This is a guy that could hardly dribble and blink at the same time when he arrived at SU.

Richardson, Lydon and Coleman had solid games, too. The turnovers and too many quick shots allowed NCSU to remain in the game. Good win.
Richardson played well.
And our defense was generally pretty good. Cat Barber did not have a single assist.
But this literally was the game of Gbinije's life.

The only other game I can think of where one guy saved us like that was G-Mac going off for 43 with nine 3-pointers against BYU in the '04 Tournament.

Richardson played well.
And our defense was generally pretty good. Cat Barber did not have a single assist.
But this literally was the game of Gbinije's life.

The only other game I can think of where one guy saved us like that was G-Mac going off for 43 with nine 3-pointers against BYU in the '04 Tournament.
I believe our other fifth year senior had a game like this against Notre Dame a few years ago.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2014-02-03-syracuse.html

Last edited:
That shot he hit when the lead was cut to 5 and every Syracuse fan on Earth was envisioning hosting an NIT game in a few weeks, and then boom it was back to 8... just clutch city.
I swear that I wasn't worried.

CorduroyG said:
Hes the reason we can do some damage in the tourny, hes that good.[

G is every bit the player that Brogdon is if not better. Except maybe in free throws which I've conveniently chosen not to include lol.

Player MB MG

Points 18.2. 17.0
Rebounds 4.2. 4.1
Assists 2.8. 4.3
Steals 0.9 2.3

I said the same thing to my Dad after the game -- especially when you factor in the magnitude of the game---let's be honest, a loss today and we probably would not be Dancing. Career-high 34 points, career-high 8 threes (on a very efficient 8-13), 6 assists, 4 rebs, and a career-high 3 blocks to boot! Just wow---absolutely stunning. He single-handedly saved our season. Thank you G!

Hes the reason we can do some damage in the tourny, hes that good.
On of my top favorite SU players not sure if he is top 10 or not, but I think he has a future in the NBA. Not a star but definitely a could be a good player on the right team.

Absolutely amazing how far he's come, especially when you consider that he's played out of position for the past two years. This is a guy that could hardly dribble and blink at the same time when he arrived at SU.

I was ready to write him off when he kept having his shoe come off his Sophomore year and would stop playing defense to put it back on.

lol...he's come a long way. Gotta love the development we've seen from him.

May have been the best senior day game ever. Anyone recall a better one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom