Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

Seriously? Just played and coached at a college level and understand the need for measurables. What's the problem? This is all a discussion about the team we all love and there will be takes not inline with your opinion and that's what it is opinion. We all and the world have all the negativity we need going on and this board should be a place to come and chat and Express our opinions about our favorite team. I have made many more comments on the forum other than a comment on our tight ends wgt. You like to take shots at me but haven't made a case for what we are debating about. So? Rather, you would rather label me instead of having an adult discussion.
No you haven't made a case at all. I put up a post about the actual size of NFL TE's and you pretty much ignored it to run with your opinions instead of fact.

I will state again for the record, the average NFL TE is 6'4" and 254 lbs. Most of those guys don't have Benson's speed. Again if there were a HS TE with Benson's speed and NFL size, that kid would be a 4 or 5 star recruit and isn't coming to Syracuse.

Get used to it until we win 8-11 games a year consistently.

It's all good, guess it's my frustration in how these TEs might have to help with pass protection instead of play in space as they are constructed and coached.
If we do what we shoulda done last year in regards to short game like in the Phillips years we will be ok without a true te sized guy because we will have 4 receivers out there or he will be one of them. We need that short game to set up everything else Including more screens to the outside.

At some point not realising potential means there was no potential there in the first place.
In your mind how will defense stackup to nc

Maybe the most disturbing thing on this chart is a 265lb kid just come over from Germany is the backup OT on both sides of the line...
That kid will be 22 years old in October & played last year at an American JC. 265 lb is very light (obvious), but apparently the coaches like him better than other candidates at the tackle spot. Being heavy (White) is no guarantee.

If Elmore can learn the technique I guess he has the strength to play guard.

Guard is a lot easier to run block than pass block.
I don’t think we want him matching up one on one though. Need to keep a TE or RB in pass blocking so we have 6 guys to protect.

I’m not putting any stock in this two deep. Ever since Dino has been here he just puts out a depth chart. Many many times the two deep does not reflect the players on game day. I’ll wait until Saturday to see the real lineup.

Draft? Lol, what have they done to put together a draft resume?
They both have prototypical NFL RB size. All it would take is a good combine/pro-day to raise some eyebrows and potentially make a roster (ala TJax). May be a better option than returning after one year absence, where they will already be beaten by at least Jawhar in depth chart.

I’m not putting any stock in this two deep. Ever since Dino has been here he just puts out a depth chart. Many many times the two deep does not reflect the players on game day. I’ll wait until Saturday to see the real lineup.
Not disputing, but does anyone recall any instances of this? I remember he left Dungey on their his last few games of Jr year in which he didnt play.

other thing i noticed with the youth at LB, this is where some of those LBs who transferred the past 2 off seasons will affect the depth level

They both have prototypical NFL RB size. All it would take is a good combine/pro-day to raise some eyebrows and potentially make a roster (ala TJax). May be a better option than returning after one year absence, where they will already be beaten by at least Jawhar in depth chart.

Lol, seriously? So, they are gonna get invited to a combine based on???? Their potential to run fast and show well? There have been thousands of college kids with prototype size that never played enough to build a college resume.

THAT'S, the value of the college experience. I know not your intention in your msg. IF they got the college reps and used Syracuse as a platform to prove their skills then that is how these kids get a shot.

My heart says yes this looks good. My head says after looking at this roster i see what the majority of coaches and writers see. I see 6-8 top end players , some good players and a lot of misses on the recruiting trail. Now obviously i can only judge this on the players ive seen so who knows about Freshman. Obviously we dont know the full affect of coaching and philosophy changes yet either. Also games are played on the field in the year they are played not last year so maybe my eyes are blinded by last year.

Here is what my head and eyes tell me

Jordan is an explosive back who will wind up like Saquon Barkley last year with the Giants offensive offensive line most likely with a bunch of big plays but far more hit behind the line before he can get started and probab ly hurt.

I see a potential for explosive passing game with a record breaking QB who will look ordinary in most parts of the game they play in due to other factors beyond there control like line play

In all levels of football the games is the same, blocking and tacking are the key. I see lots of recruiting misses on the OL and DL. I see top teams not even using there whole playbook against us because they will bulldoze our OL and steamroll our DL. Both lines lack size and depth a bad combination in this day and age.

Like i say games are played by players this year so maybe things have changed but I dont see it and maybe I am way wrong and I will have some good egg on my face but I just dont see it.

If Elmore can learn the technique I guess he has the strength to play guard.

Guard is a lot easier to run block than pass block.
I don’t think we want him matching up one on one though. Need to keep a TE or RB in pass blocking so we have 6 guys to protect.
The more I look at this 2-deep the more it seems like a Dino psy-op (he's messing with UNC). But even if it isn't, I'm not panicking. Elmore's a gamer and, while not ideal, will be plucky in there (esp. in run blocking). In PP we can expect the opposing DC to go straight at him with the closest guy he has to Dexter Lawrence - we'll see what happens.

On the TE issue, AH is a gatorade swallow away from 240. That's plenty adequate and pretty close to the NFL prototype. As for the Benson Burner (yes I said it), I'll take 233 with HIS SPEED any day. Mahar will be 235-240 by next year and we'll have good size at the position in the future. But not only do I like our current TE's - they could be the key to success this year .. helping with PP and quick, over-the-middle dump-offs to negate the rush.

Last edited:
Why is Elmore getting questioned? Hes a good blocker and athletic. He has the size to play guard. Has to be better than what we had up front last year.
This might be a silly question but can Elmore line up at OG wearing #5 I have never seen an OL with that number other than in the 70’s with Jim Otto #00 at center for the Raiders I know there are DL with single digits but I have never seen it on the OL although I’m sure it has probably happened at the high school level anyone with any insight?

My heart says yes this looks good. My head says after looking at this roster i see what the majority of coaches and writers see. I see 6-8 top end players , some good players and a lot of misses on the recruiting trail. Now obviously i can only judge this on the players ive seen so who knows about Freshman. Obviously we dont know the full affect of coaching and philosophy changes yet either. Also games are played on the field in the year they are played not last year so maybe my eyes are blinded by last year.

Here is what my head and eyes tell me

Jordan is an explosive back who will wind up like Saquon Barkley last year with the Giants offensive offensive line most likely with a bunch of big plays but far more hit behind the line before he can get started and probab ly hurt.

I see a potential for explosive passing game with a record breaking QB who will look ordinary in most parts of the game they play in due to other factors beyond there control like line play

In all levels of football the games is the same, blocking and tacking are the key. I see lots of recruiting misses on the OL and DL. I see top teams not even using there whole playbook against us because they will bulldoze our OL and steamroll our DL. Both lines lack size and depth a bad combination in this day and age.

Like i say games are played by players this year so maybe things have changed but I dont see it and maybe I am way wrong and I will have some good egg on my face but I just dont see it.
I’m sorry but whole heartedly disagree with some of ur statements. First and biggest is outline won’t get bulldozed. Bear Harper will not be moved easily. kingsly if u watched the ends last year plays strikingly similar to Coleman. Great against the run and good in rushing the qb. Wasnt blacks biggest fan last year because he should get rid of that weird stance he had last year. He didnt come off like a shot. I heard he has been doing well this year. I think oline will surprise with a short game we shoulda had last year. Super excited for our secondary too

Why is Elmore getting questioned? Hes a good blocker and athletic. He has the size to play guard. Has to be better than what we had up front last year.

Bc there are zero guards at the d1 level that are 6'0". That's d3 height. That said, this kid can do anything and most likely be serviceable at least. Routing for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom