Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate

surprised Braylen Ingraham didn't crack the two deep.

From what I understand, despite being tackle sized, Ingraham also has DE type of athleticism. I expect him to play, both inside and outside, a lot.

This is going to be a tune-up game. We're probably going to play 10+ defensive lineman, and they'll all get a significant amount of PT.

Which will in turn give the coaches something to evaluate on film, and take back to practice.

I'd expect Farmer to displace Clark there before long, and possibly to see time at other safety positions, as well.

But the kid's only been here for two weeks.

Talked to a Nebraska fan over the weekend, and he AGAIN lamented them losing Farmer. I just don't think that he's got his sea legs yet, after the extremely late transfer in.
I dont know if he would really even practice for days after he got here with the rules they have

Exciting to get a depth chart because it means the season is about to start. However as usual cannot put much stock in DB depth chart. Has Jones starting at wr and backing up Brown at the other. Number of guys that we know will play significant snaps not even listed. Agree with others. Come the 3rd or 4th week we will see the real rotation.

What do we know about Donovan Brown? I haven't been as tuned in as I usually am until now...anyone have thoughts on him? Great to see a young player already making an impact

It’s crazy to me how good the defense is going to be/expected to be and literally every single player on the 2 deep can come back next year except for 3 lol
Actually I think it's just two assuming Caleb can take a medical redshirt for 2019. I think he had already been granted that.

We're kind of stacked

Agreed. When you break each positional unit down, the depth / quality pops.

Not saying we're going to win the conference or challenge for the playoffs -- but withstand the normal injuries? Beat peer teams? Be competitive in November?

Check, check, and check.

Going to be a fun year. ESPECIALLY if you factor in that Shrader is an X factor.

Someone asked about Lockett in the presser and Dino said something to the effect of yeah he's fine and moved onto the next question.

Not sure I love that reponse. Hard to imagine he got beat out, something is up.

What do we know about Donovan Brown? I haven't been as tuned in as I usually am until now...anyone have thoughts on him? Great to see a young player already making an impact
One of our fastest WRs. At 6'1, 178, he is light for the position.

Can he play at that weight? Can he out muscle physical corners for 50-50 balls?

If the answers to these question is yes, he will get a lot of PT. It would be good for him to hit the ground running because if/when Pena returns, the slot WR position is his (when OG is not lining up there, which is surely going to happen a lot).

On3 rated Donovan Brown as a top 270 4* so there were at least some recruiting analysts who thought he had a really high ceiling. I am probably the most excited to watch him the next couple of weeks based on this depth chart.

Agreed. When you break each positional unit down, the depth / quality pops.

Not saying we're going to win the conference or challenge for the playoffs -- but withstand the normal injuries? Beat peer teams? Be competitive in November?

Check, check, and check.

Going to be a fun year. ESPECIALLY if you factor in that Shrader is an X factor.

The last 2 are the key, this team/program needs really beat Peer teams and do it after Halloween. Obviusly they need to do it before then as well but the late season issues have plagued this program every year but 1 under Dino. Pieces seem to be their to make it happen this season, need certain guys to stay on the field though.

Not sure I love that reponse. Hard to imagine he got beat out, something is up.

I don't view it as being qualitatively different than Thompson.

Both suffered catastrophic lower body injuries early in the season. Both have had nearly a year to recuperate.

We should dominate Saturday without needing either one to play a single snap. Sitting them [or not playing them much] also serves to let other players get valuable PT in what amounts to a tune-up game.

Their long term health / availability is more important than short term depth -- we already have extensive depth at both LB and DT, even without them.

I love this depth chart and seeing new faces and I also love that some guys held onto jobs or regained them back. Derek McDonald at OLB and Jaquez at DE for example. Darton held his spot. Lockett is coming off a season long injury but Cundiff holding off Ingraham I think is nice. Cundiff can be a good one.

I think it's great that incumbents held off the transfers. I feel better about the depth in that regard. Biggest surprise to me really is that Bralyn Oliver hasn't moved into the 2 deep.

Between More and Wohlabaugh it's great they were both good enough to start even moving one to guard. It's about depth cause the backups are capable.

Another thing that sticks out to me and credit to Dino and this staff for building this depth…but we have players that can BALL not even listed on the 2 deep that you know will get some good run. You know Lockett is going to play, you know Ingraham is going to play, you know Chase Simmons is going to play, you know Peterson at Corner is going to play, you know Farmer is going to play at Safety, you know Peña is going to play (injury). None of these guys were on the 2 deep and they can BALL. Some legit players not even on the 2 deep that you know will play some meaningful snaps. Nice to see

Would make a lot of sense.
That indeed would make sense, they have been saying Terry isn’t 100% which certainly may be true but Dino was willing to say Peña has an owie and is out but Lockett isn’t on the two deep, Dino says he is fine. Soooo, that would make sense

Another thing that sticks out to me and credit to Dino and this staff for building this depth…but we have players that can BALL not even listed on the 2 deep that you know will get some good run. You know Lockett is going to play, you know Ingraham is going to play, you know Chase Simmons is going to play, you know Peterson at Corner is going to play, you know Farmer is going to play at Safety, you know Peña is going to play (injury). None of these guys were on the 2 deep and they can BALL. Some legit players not even on the 2 deep that you know will play some meaningful snaps. Nice to see
Yep better coaches now and the portal does take away but it also giveth

Reactions: CIL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom