Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate

Delaine had legit offers out of high school. Utah OV, Iowa State OV, Georgia Tech OV, Ole Miss, Wake. We signed him out of left field on signing day. He can play.
Yeah I remember. Just surprising to me since Quan played a bit last year and we hadn't heard a peep about Delaine until he started popping up in a couple highlights the last couple weeks. It could be that Delaine's little weight gain from 172 lbs to 180 lbs this year got him strong enough and confident enough to up his game. Good news if so.

Fordham transfer secures the long snapping position. Excited to see what Adams and Brown can do with Pena out.

Another thing that sticks out to me and credit to Dino and this staff for building this depth…but we have players that can BALL not even listed on the 2 deep that you know will get some good run. You know Lockett is going to play, you know Ingraham is going to play, you know Chase Simmons is going to play, you know Peterson at Corner is going to play, you know Farmer is going to play at Safety, you know Peña is going to play (injury). None of these guys were on the 2 deep and they can BALL. Some legit players not even on the 2 deep that you know will play some meaningful snaps. Nice to see

Good call on Simmons. He was in the rotation last year before the season ending injury.

There is some nice talent on this roster. Gotta stay relatively healthy and if we can, it will be a nice season. The 8 million penalties aside, it’s no coincidence that our best all around performance last year was against Louisville in the opener, when we were at full strength, at least when the game started. We can’t be at full strength all year this year, that’s not how sports like football work, but if we can be a lot closer to 2018 injury luck vs 2022, that would bode quite well

Looking at the depth chart, Lockett is the only thing I'm worried about.

Everything else is cream cheese. Let's get it.
He is fine, I am starting to buy into the low key suspension angle with him. Dino doesn’t say a guy of his stature is fine and then leaves him off the 2 deep

I was also surprised not to see Oliver anywhere, i heard he was playing great in camp, some players even mentioned his name, but nowhere to be seen.

I was also surprised not to see Oliver anywhere, i heard he was playing great in camp, some players even mentioned his name, but nowhere to be seen.
I think we’ll see a lot of safeties play. We are pretty stacked at that position. Your main guys will be Barron, Clark, Simmons, Farmer and Gould. But you also have Greenwood, Jalil Martin and Oliver. We are in a good spot lol

Good that Pena is resting.
Adams probably is only going to get a couple return opportunities.

I'd expect Farmer to displace Clark there before long, and possibly to see time at other safety positions, as well.

But the kid's only been here for two weeks.

Talked to a Nebraska fan over the weekend, and he AGAIN lamented them losing Farmer. I just don't think that he's got his sea legs yet, after the extremely late transfer in.
I would think that of all positions on D, the Safety needs to be in totally sync with the defensive schemes and coverages. A blown coverage when the CB thinks he has help over the top, or an ill-timed S blitz, can easily translate into 7 pts for the opposition. Like some others, I fully expect Farmer to be a star on defense once he learns Long's system and settles into the role.

Lots of tools in the box. Best top to bottom team in many years. Love the new OL guys especially center. I know I know Vet graded out well still this kid is going to be a huge upgrade. We might actually be able to gain a yard behind our center on Fourth downs.

Lots of tools in the box. Best top to bottom team in many years. Love the new OL guys especially center. I know I know Vet graded out well still this kid is going to be a huge upgrade. We might actually be able to gain a yard behind our center on Fourth downs.

And hold up better at the point of attack instead of being driven backwards after the snap.

And open up bigger holes for the RBs.

And protect Shrader from taking unnecessary hits by holding off the pass rush a little more effectively.

And giving Shrader an extra half-second to make throws.

Improved OL play is so important -- even just an incremental improvement on those four factors listed above is going to make an ENORMOUS difference on offense.

We might actually be able to gain a yard behind our center on Fourth downs.
If you want to be a serious contender, you MUST be able to do this. In fact, you have to do this on 3rd down. I have much more confidence now that we can.

Excited about the potential and hopefully we end up with two or three guys out of our OL group who get a look or chance in the NFL someday.

That's still the biggest concern for me is the line play and depth.

I'm kinda curious about RB3.

Most likely Daniels or Price.

JUCOs could also be in the mix. One of them is big [6-0 210 pounds], and the other is a grown a$$$ man [Branham]. Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see either of them in the mix.

And if the aforementioned duo nails the fort down behind LA, disco.

But as with most positional units, outside of TE -- we have abundant depth and quality at RB, so may the best players win the PT.

Most likely Daniels or Price.

JUCOs could also be in the mix. One of them is big [6-0 210 pounds], and the other is a grown a$$$ man [Branham]. Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see either of them in the mix.

And if the aforementioned duo nails the fort down behind LA, disco.

But as with most positional units, outside of TE -- we have abundant depth and quality at RB, so may the best players win the PT.
Price is RB2

You are talking Jason Simmons, he is starting at Safety. I’m talking the Defensive end, Chase Simmons. He was playing well before his injury last year. He’s probably next up at D-end after Jobity
ahh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom