Game 5 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Wagner | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Game 5 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Wagner

Some guys play with a full blow brace all the time. The same reason sometimes you put your arm in a sling. it help you rest it and recover faster.

Maybe we just dont have him run any designed runs.

i also agree that some of the sacks were related to things other than pass blocking. He took off a couple times and it could be because he expected a WR to go someplace they didnt go and he trusted he could make something happen rather than throw into bad spaces.

Maybe we see a toss sweep reappear.. A real draw play.. Some more runs from under center who knows.

Read the article on Syracuse.com. Shrader said they have some new stuff to implement to break loose the run game. You have to practice this against live competition even though they may be cupcakes.
I did and you dont need to practice it against wagner.

I did and you dont need to practice it against wagner.
So you practice it against one of the better defenses in the ACC for the first time in a live game?

So you practice it against one of the better defenses in the ACC for the first time in a live game?
No you practice it against Wagner. Just dont play injured players.

Also. Do you really think that Syracuse is going to show NCS any significant scheme changes during the Wagner game?
Answer is no. SU will keep anything significant under wraps.

These guys, especially guys like GS, haven’t been 100% since the day before camp opened in early August.

Before Purdue he was sick. Sick enough to miss practice(s). And he’s been in a boot on campus since Purdue.

We don’t know what we don’t know. But it’s funny how much we think we know.

Most people have no idea what these guys go through to prepare themselves to play this game.

What do we know?

We know this game and the subsequent bye week are coming at a great time.

For seven weeks starting on October 15th these young men will engage in a violently physical challenge weekly against other world class athletes. The type of violently physical challenged that most on this board have never experienced first-hand.

We have already lost three starters for the season. We may lose more (I pray not). But football players play. They play because they love it. They don’t sit out when they get an owie. Part of the conditioning that is required to play this game at the level these young men play is the mental conditioning that is needed to play hurt, and to know the difference between being hurt and being injured.

Thank goodness for all of the tape, braces and boots these guys wear to get them from one day to the next.

And, thank goodness for the trainers who start their day before any player arrives and is usually at the facility until after every player has gone for the day.

I pray everyone stays healthy and those that aren’t, get healthy.
Do u think being injury prone can be helped with a different lifting plan than what they currently do. I don’t know the extent of bands, chains, and injury proof stuff they do. I went back in the Marrone days and was a little awed at lack of lifting technique that was used Or allowed. Didn’t see much injury prevention like banded knee extensors or hyper work. No shoulder rotator cuff stuff. I don’t know how different they are now but at that level each kid has a weakness that needs to be a strength and they have to have an individual program for that. I know when my son in hs had an ankle injury Corey Parker had him doing ankle strengthening exercises and he never had a problem again. Of course that’s hs to college. Massive difference.

I don’t love the assertion that we would play “injured” players. Have we seen anything other than your statement that Garrett is truly injured? It’s week 5, nobody is 100% and guys all over the country are wearing boots to heal up as fast and as much as possible before their next game. Of course if Garrett is truly injured I don’t want him playing, but why are you just assuming that is the case?

As to your other point, I do not think that Bob, Beck and Dino are going to show everything against Wagner to let NCSU have it in tape, but I am sure they want to see some of these changes against live competition. If Garrett doesn’t play against Wagner and we come out of the bye flat and he looks awful you can bet people on here and in the media will question why we didn’t play him at all to keep him sharp.

I don’t love the assertion that we would play “injured” players. Have we seen anything other than your statement that Garrett is truly injured? It’s week 5, nobody is 100% and guys all over the country are wearing boots to heal up as fast and as much as possible before their next game. Of course if Garrett is truly injured I don’t want him playing, but why are you just assuming that is the case?

As to your other point, I do not think that Bob, Beck and Dino are going to show everything against Wagner to let NCSU have it in tape, but I am sure they want to see some of these changes against live competition. If Garrett doesn’t play against Wagner and we come out of the bye flat and he looks awful you can bet people on here and in the media will question why we didn’t play him at all to keep him sharp.
Ive been up on the hill multiple times since ive been back. Shrader and Tucker are not 100%. I dont have a clue to the extent of their injuries but they are not 100%.
Shrader was wearing a boot prior to the last game.
Do players who aren't injured walk around with protective boots for fun?

Just give me a blowout and some game exp for the youngins.

Tucker 250 all purpose yards. 3 tds.
GS 200 yards passing 4 totals tds.
Special teams touchdown.
LeQuint touchdown and maybe 100 yards rushing.
CDRW 100 passing a and a touchdown.

I don’t think that’s much to ask for.
If this is unable to happen we fire Dino and burn the dome to the ground and we March on all of college football and burn everything to the ground. Cusehulk will be on the front line ls leading the troops.

Ive been up on the hill multiple times since ive been back. Shrader and Tucker are not 100%. I dont have a clue to the extent of their injuries but they are not 100%.
Shrader was wearing a boot prior to the last game.
Do players who aren't injured walk around with protective boots for fun?
Semantics I guess, I thought it was articulated quite well above by another couple posters the difference between injured and hurt, but if you have inside info then I can’t argue with that.

I also thought it was made clear why many players wear boots when not practicing or playing. Don’t believe I ever mentioned it was fun.

If its NCS or ND tough it out.
The point is simple. Dont play any hurt players in a game that they are not needed to win.
I assume you played football. You know most guys are banged up in some way. Playing hurt and having an injury are two different things. The staff and medical team wont allow them to play in a favorable game if they are injured or want them to rest something that is nagging. Im not going to assume the staff are idiots.

Semantics I guess, I thought it was articulated quite well above by another couple posters the difference between injured and hurt, but if you have inside info then I can’t argue with that.

I also thought it was made clear why many players wear boots when not practicing or playing. Don’t believe I ever mentioned it was fun.
The information that i have is that they and others are not 100%.
I dont know specifically what is wrong with them.
For me it comes down to risk vs reward.
The starters have been grinding since Spring ball. 6 to 7 months non stop. By all accounts fall practice was very physical. The starters got most of the reps.
We have played 4 physical tough games and lost some very important players.
We are paper thin at key positions.
We can beat Wagner with our third string.
We need to give our
Second and third team guys live game reps.

With that as background my personal thought is that there is almost nothing to gain by playing anyone who isnt 100%. In addition i wouldn’t play any starter more than 1 period as the risk of losing a key player in a game that you dont need them in order to win has zero value.

The only value that i see in this game is giving our second and thirds game reps.
Lets see what they can do. How is the frosh on fgs? Carlos, hatcher, the second OL. How does Barth do at DL? The RB from New Mexico.
The TE from NY. CJ And the rest of the wr group.

Thats the value. Not padding Tuckers stats against Wagner. Not risking losing another starter.
Risk Reward.

I assume you played football. You know most guys are banged up in some way. Playing hurt and having an injury are two different things. The staff and medical team wont allow them to play in a favorable game if they are injured or want them to rest something that is nagging. Im not going to assume the staff are idiots.
I did along with bball and baseball in HS. Bball in college.
Im hopeful you are correct.

The information that i have is that they and others are not 100%.
I dont know specifically what is wrong with them.
For me it comes down to risk vs reward.
The starters have been grinding since Spring ball. 6 to 7 months non stop. By all accounts fall practice was very physical. The starters got most of the reps.
We have played 4 physical tough games and lost some very important players.
We are paper thin at key positions.
We can beat Wagner with our third string.
We need to give our
Second and third team guys live game reps.

With that as background my personal thought is that there is almost nothing to gain by playing anyone who isnt 100%. In addition i wouldn’t play any starter more than 1 period as the risk of losing a key player in a game that you dont need them in order to win has zero value.

The only value that i see in this game is giving our second and thirds game reps.
Lets see what they can do. How is the frosh on fgs? Carlos, hatcher, the second OL. How does Barth do at DL? The RB from New Mexico.
The TE from NY. CJ And the rest of the wr group.

Thats the value. Not padding Tuckers stats against Wagner. Not risking losing another starter.
Risk Reward.

So, if they're 95% they shouldn't play?

Good luck fielding a roster.

Sound logic on paper, but totally unrealistic suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom