Game 5 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Wagner | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Game 5 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Wagner

I know there's an expectation that you have to play through injuries but Shrader seems to be dinged up every game.
I like his toughness. The kid is tougher than the average bear.
I also hope Dino's Plan B is going to be ready.

I know there's an expectation that you have to play through injuries but Shrader seems to be dinged up every game.
I like his toughness. The kid is tougher than the average bear.
I also hope Dino's Plan B is going to be ready.
I honestly wouldn't mind him taking one off and let CDRW start in his place. He could use the rest.

In light of the ankle brace why even play him?

Depends on what "ankle brace" means. A boot could be a precautionary "ankle brace," designed to just help keep weight off of it as he moves around campus. Something designed to put less pressure on it even while he's just walking around, to help him heal up faster.

Or it could be something else -- not claiming one or the other. But the former wouldn't be indicative of a bad injury, or something that implies he's impaired.

Ben graduated last May. He's a radio broadcaster for the Toronto Blue Jays now.
He has filled in on Toronto Rasio PxP broadcasts two weekends this year while Ben Wagner, got some vacation. He was the voice of a minor league team this whole year. I listen to Toronto Sports Radio frequently and he has made a bunch of on air hits there. Ben does a fantastic job on those Jays broadcasts, especially being so young. He also does Locked On Blue Jays podcast. I am a Jays fan for the record not a stalker, which is why I know these things

I honestly wouldn't mind him taking one off and let CDRW start in his place. He could use the rest.
I agree with others that he needs to play. All first-stringers need to play to stay somewhat sharp.
I just hope it's all routine and efficient.

Better an ankle brace than an ankle monitor.

internet seriously GIF

Depends on what "ankle brace" means. A boot could be a precautionary "ankle brace," designed to just help keep weight off of it as he moves around campus. Something designed to put less pressure on it even while he's just walking around, to help him heal up faster.

Or it could be something else -- not claiming one or the other. But the former wouldn't be indicative of a bad injury, or something that implies he's impaired.
Pretty sure its this. I'm betting he probably has a bad ankle from a previous ankle sprain that sprains easily and doesn't exactly heal completely all that quickly. pretty sure he had ankle issues last year. The boot keeps stress off of it for quicker healing. I believe Bees has been was saying he was in a boot last week during the week.

A week off wouldn't be a bad thing but if they are trying to install new stuff in the run game maybe its better if he doesn't take the week off.

Pretty sure its this. I'm betting he probably has a bad ankle from a previous ankle sprain that sprains easily and doesn't exactly heal completely all that quickly. pretty sure he had ankle issues last year. The boot keeps stress off of it for quicker healing. I believe Bees has been was saying he was in a boot last week during the week.

A week off wouldn't be a bad thing but if they are trying to install new stuff in the run game maybe its better if he doesn't take the week off.
he walked around campus all of last week in a boot. He and tucker need a break

It's simple. If he is 100 percent, he doesn't wear anything. Why risk someone as important as your starting Qb against a team that we can beat with our third team

It's simple. If he is 100 percent, he doesn't wear anything. Why risk someone as important as your starting Qb against a team that we can beat with our third team
Read the article on Syracuse.com. Shrader said they have some new stuff to implement to break loose the run game. You have to practice this against live competition even though they may be cupcakes.

It's fun to see a debate between 2 4 star Rivals QB's as to who was more or less under the radar as a recruit.

We've definitely come a long way from our next in line being Austin Wilson.
IIRC Wilson had a rocket arm and negative accuracy?

If all goes to plan I imagine we see GS for a half and CDRW for a quarter and Capt Morgan for a quarter to hand the ball off.

I have never seen a team start their second team in the first half and finish with their first team in the second half. Why not?

I’m sad for Tucker that his Heisman season is already busted but I imagine that means he may return next year. In that case I’m a happy camper and he has an even better chance at the ultimate prize.

Every year it seems to be the same refrain about injuries. I don’t follow other teams, are we alone in this curse?

IIRC Wilson had a rocket arm and negative accuracy?
Basically. All you need to know about him is that he portal transferred to Coastal Carolina the first year they were at the FBS level and he was last on their depth chart.

Last edited:

The response is even simpler, he's not 100%, and the boot is a precautionary measure intended to help him get there. His use of a boot does not necessarily signify that he has a serious injury, or is significantly impaired in any way.

You're overthinking it, nobody's going to bench their starting QB to avoid injury. It just never happens. So calling for the staff to do that is misguided.

I don't think anyone disagrees that he shouldn't play much beyond half. And hopefully, that's how it works out.

Last edited:

These guys, especially guys like GS, haven’t been 100% since the day before camp opened in early August.

Before Purdue he was sick. Sick enough to miss practice(s). And he’s been in a boot on campus since Purdue.

We don’t know what we don’t know. But it’s funny how much we think we know.

Most people have no idea what these guys go through to prepare themselves to play this game.

What do we know?

We know this game and the subsequent bye week are coming at a great time.

For seven weeks starting on October 15th these young men will engage in a violently physical challenge weekly against other world class athletes. The type of violently physical challenged that most on this board have never experienced first-hand.

We have already lost three starters for the season. We may lose more (I pray not). But football players play. They play because they love it. They don’t sit out when they get an owie. Part of the conditioning that is required to play this game at the level these young men play is the mental conditioning that is needed to play hurt, and to know the difference between being hurt and being injured.

Thank goodness for all of the tape, braces and boots these guys wear to get them from one day to the next.

And, thank goodness for the trainers who start their day before any player arrives and is usually at the facility until after every player has gone for the day.

I pray everyone stays healthy and those that aren’t, get healthy.

I have never seen a team start their second team in the first half and finish with their first team in the second half. Why not?

I’m sad for Tucker that his Heisman season is already busted but I imagine that means he may return next year. In that case I’m a happy camper and he has an even better chance at the ultimate prize.

Every year it seems to be the same refrain about injuries. I don’t follow other teams, are we alone in this curse?

He's not coming back unless he has a major injury

These guys, especially guys like GS, haven’t been 100% since the day before camp opened in early August.

Before Purdue he was sick. Sick enough to miss practice(s). And he’s been in a boot on campus since Purdue.

We don’t know what we don’t know. But it’s funny how much we think we know.

Most people have no idea what these guys go through to prepare themselves to play this game.

What do we know?

We know this game and the subsequent bye week are coming at a great time.

For seven weeks starting on October 15th these young men will engage in a violently physical challenge weekly against other world class athletes. The type of violently physical challenged that most on this board have never experienced first-hand.

We have already lost three starters for the season. We may lose more (I pray not). But football players play. They play because they love it. They don’t sit out when they get an owie. Part of the conditioning that is required to play this game at the level these young men play is the mental conditioning that is needed to play hurt, and to know the difference between being hurt and being injured.

Thank goodness for all of the tape, braces and boots these guys wear to get them from one day to the next.

And, thank goodness for the trainers who start their day before any player arrives and is usually at the facility until after every player has gone for the day.

I pray everyone stays healthy and those that aren’t, get healthy.
Well said. A lot of these guys play hurt all season. No team is immune to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom