Game of Thrones S7 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones S7

tomorrow nights episode has some major holes but some pretty epic events

to me the Dothraki are like the Roman era Eastern Germanic tribes. Formidable but not really able to beat the Romans straight up for centuries. Too undisciplined, no armor, weapons not as good, no strategic commanders etc. The Dothraki would not be a match against the Lannister and allied armies, even given their numbers. The unsullied armies are more even but she's an invader, imo, most of Westeros would fight against her. (which is why they're not just burning the Red Keep to the ground.)

Late to the thread... but I equated Dothraki with the Mongol army, if only due to their expert and tactical use of horses.

Four more hours, now...

Tonight was the first time I screamed at the TV during GoT.

Tonight was the first time I screamed at the TV during GoT.
if you didn't stand up, throw your drink off the wall and scream 'WHAT THE FLUCK??!!' during Ned Stark's final scene...I surprised youre still watching...

Sansa taking complete credit for the Battle of the Bastards made me want to throw my TV, then kick it repetitively.

"Perhaps if you planned for the short term we wouldn't have lost Dorne and Highgarden".

...OK so we're just supposed to believe now since the Sandsnakes (worst part of the show) are gone, so are the 10-15,000 spears of Dorn???

I highly doubt the Sands didn't leave a loyal relative in Sunspear to represent their interests. Perhaps HBO realized how poorly they handled that storyline.

It's crazy to see how much the show has turned since they don't have the books as a road map. I still enjoy watching it, but it's definitely lost its uniqueness after it got ahead of the books.

It's still aces in my book.

I've never been a fan of Dany and her Dragons, I get it, but every time they're on camera I'm a little disappointed.

Dany has some pretty fantastic timing, not good enough for poor Thoros of Myr (great supporting character, going to miss him) but good nonetheless. But not the impeccable timing of one Benjen Stark. With a live horse no less :)

I think this episode had some of the best banter of the whole series, with the motley crew on their mission to track down a wight. Some pretty funny dialogue there.

Undead Dragon though - fricking awesome. Setting the table for a nice little Westeros armageddon.

Curious though - does an undead dragon shoot ice rather than flame?

if you didn't stand up, throw your drink off the wall and scream 'WHAT THE FLUCK??!!' during Ned Stark's final scene...I surprised youre still watching...

Sadly I was spoiled as to that. Maybe I screamed during the Red Wedding, though. But I accidentally saw the last five seconds of last night's episode on Twitter several days ago, so I knew a dragon died, just didn't know how and it was just horrific, despite being CGI

No one questions why the Night King lets Jon off the hook when they battle both here and at Hardhome?

Pretty sure that NK is going to be someone we know well South of the Wall...

No one questions why the Night King lets Jon off the hook when they battle both here and at Hardhome?

Pretty sure that NK is going to be someone we know well South of the Wall...

I swear, if some of these people dedicated as much time to science as they did to figuring out the ASOIAF endings, we'd have cured cancer by now.

I swear, if some of these people dedicated as much time to science as they did to figuring out the ASOIAF endings, we'd have cured cancer by now.
Now you want me to CURE CANCER!?! Fine. But then I'm going back to talking about GOT in the GOT thread. Ok?

Now you want me to CURE CANCER!?! Fine. But then I'm going back to talking about GOT in the GOT thread. Ok?

Wait - are you referring to the Bran theory that has been going around or do you have your own thing? At least in the books, I don't think that's how it will play out, but the show has its own path.

Wait - are you referring to the Bran theory that has been going around or do you have your own thing? At least in the books, I don't think that's how it will play out, but the show has its own path.
Similar theory...but I think I know how Jon kills the NK (which I haven't seen)...

It's still aces in my book.

I've never been a fan of Dany and her Dragons, I get it, but every time they're on camera I'm a little disappointed.
I love Dany. I also loved Natalie Dormer. Speak ill of either and we are going out back with the jackets off.

I love Dany. I also loved Natalie Dormer. Speak ill of either and we are going out back with the jackets off.
ha!

her acting could be a little better...but I do love Dany.

what I meant was...in my little fantasy world I can live with the White Walkers, but dragons??? come on...

Dormer is way hot...

That dragon isn't dead though...

giphy.gif

It's nice when your entertainment passion is sanctioned by the coach of the football team you follow.

My version of Homer Simpson's "It's still good" has to be "Tormund's not dead."

Just reminding all the book readers, Stannis is the one true king of Westeros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom