Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

If a King with no living brothers dies before there are children, does the queen inherit the throne? I didn't think that was the case because...patriarchy.

Not that Gendry has any interest in claiming the throne but one has to think he makes at least some sort of appearance in final season(s). Unless he was blown up via Cersei's Wildfire Experience. Or maybe he drowned on his way to King's Landing because he had never been in a rowboat before and couldn't swim.

Thought it was interesting that Bran's walker mark was never mentioned or alluded to in the last episode. Benjen knew that Bran understood how the walkers were created, yet Benjen didn't know that Bran was touched by one and that's why were running?

I love Dany. Thought some of the best, most powerful scenes in the first three seasons came from her storyline. It's interesting that she's imperfect and has battled with her own demons when it come to (a) being a brutal conqueror and dictator like her father and (b) being a more humane ruler ("We'll leave this world better than we found it") who wants to do good.

Leave Theon alone! He's paid his dues.
I'd still behead him on sight, f theon. Paved the way for Ramsey's bs.

I'd still behead him on sight, f theon. Paved the way for Ramsey's bs.
That's harsh. Yes he turned on the Stark's by controlling Winterfell for a short period of time but this was a kid who was not raised by his own parents and likely had an identity crisis. He later admitted (right before his torture) that he was wrong and Ned Stark was his real father. And it's not like he ever killed a Stark.

And not sure how he really paved the way for Ramsay's reign. Roose and Walder Frey made the deal with the Lannisters that gave the Bolton's Winterfell and the North independent of Ramsay's little Reek experiment.

You guys are ravenous!

Seemed like an inappropriate time for Littlefinger to be flirting with Sansa. Though she looks to be in to it.

RrgAp4K.gif

Last edited:
That's harsh. Yes he turned on the Stark's by controlling Winterfell for a short period of time but this was a kid who was not raised by his own parents and likely had an identity crisis. He later admitted (right before his torture) that he was wrong and Ned Stark was his real father. And it's not like he ever killed a Stark.

And not sure how he really paved the way for Ramsay's reign. Roose and Walder Frey made the deal with the Lannisters that gave the Bolton's Winterfell and the North independent of Ramsay's little Reek experiment.

You guys are ravenous!
"There must always be a Stark in Winterfel"

Theon successfully sacked Winterfel and murdered the only two character who offered serious protection for Bran and Rickon. Those characters being Sir Rodrik Cassel and Maester Luwyn. The sacking of Winterfel, paired with the closest Stark forces being caught up in Torrhens Square forced Brans and Rickon's hand to leave. This allowed Ramsay to "recapture Winterfel", in reality slaughter everyone around and blame it on the Ironborn. No Stark set foot in Winterfel again until Sansa was sold off. I thoroughly believe that had there been a Stark at Winterfel during the Red Wedding, the Boltons would've faced a united North defending the remnants of the Starks at Winterfel despite losses at the Twins.

Theon successfully sacked Winterfel and murdered the only two character who offered serious protection for Bran and Rickon. Those characters being Sir Rodrik Cassel and Maester Luwyn. The sacking of Winterfel, paired with the closest Stark forces being caught up in Torrhens Square forced Brans and Rickon's hand to leave. This allowed Ramsay to "recapture Winterfel", in reality slaughter everyone around and blame it on the Ironborn. No Stark set foot in Winterfel again until Sansa was sold off.
Theon didn't kill Luwin. And the Bolton's eventually would have slaughtered everyone in Winterfell regardless.

Maybe Theon's antics forcing Bran and Rickon out actually saved their lives - which allowed Bran to go on to become the Three-Eyed Raven.

I thoroughly believe that had there been a Stark at Winterfel during the Red Wedding, the Boltons would've faced a united North defending the remnants of the Starks at Winterfel despite losses at the Twins.
I really doubt this.

Following the Red Wedding, most of the North considered the Stark name defeated and dead. Don't forget what Lord Glover told Jon and Sansa about how Robb destroyed their house until the Bolton's helped them take it back from the Greyjoy's.

Even after the Umbers offered up Rickon to Ramsay, many in the North didn't care and even most of those who fought with Jon and Sansa had to be begged.

Robb's screw-ups are what really hurt the Stark name in the North. It took Jon's heroics (and of course Baelish's Vale calvary) in the recapture of Winterfell to bring back the spirit of Ned Stark.

Are the Umbers and Karstarks just straight up gone? Wonder what happens to them. Would be poetic justice if Tormund was granted the lordship of the Last Hearth

Seemed like an inappropriate time for Littlefinger to be flirting with Sansa. Though she looks to be in to it.

RrgAp4K.gif

I missed the eye brows the first time I looked at this. Very funny.

Theon successfully sacked Winterfel and murdered the only two character who offered serious protection for Bran and Rickon. Those characters being Sir Rodrik Cassel and Maester Luwyn. The sacking of Winterfel, paired with the closest Stark forces being caught up in Torrhens Square forced Brans and Rickon's hand to leave. This allowed Ramsay to "recapture Winterfel", in reality slaughter everyone around and blame it on the Ironborn. No Stark set foot in Winterfel again until Sansa was sold off. I thoroughly believe that had there been a Stark at Winterfel during the Red Wedding, the Boltons would've faced a united North defending the remnants of the Starks at Winterfel despite losses at the Twins.

Good comments. I think Littlefinger completely underestimated the Northerners to rally around John Snow as the King of the North. I think Littlefinger is pisssed off. His power has really waned but I imagine Sansa will have to pay some debt to Littlefinger.

Directors said Sansa has a sense of jealousy of Jon Snow.

I don't get that at all from the show.

I love the scene where they were deciding who get's their parent's room. It's like neither one really wanted to be the Lord of Winterfell. In a lot mythology I've read, it's usually the guy who doesn't want to be king who turns out to be the best king.

I got this from the podcast. If Ayra is heading north guess who's on her list and is heading south:

milasandra.jpg

It will be interesting to see if Ayra is still mad about Melisandre taking away Gendry.

Last edited:

The Jon-Sansa-Petyr triangle is intriguing. We know what Jon and Littlefinger are thinking, but we don't know exactly what Sansa is thinking. We never got the answer as to why she never told Jon about Littlefinger and the Vale troops. Was it a power move? Is there a chance she chooses Littlefinger over her (half) brother? She likely never fully embraced Jon as a true Stark growing up - especially considering how poorly her mother treated him. Is that perception of him as a "less-than" carrying over into the present day in spite of his recent heroics?

The Jon-Sansa-Petyr triangle is intriguing. We know what Jon and Littlefinger are thinking, but we don't know exactly what Sansa is thinking. We never got the answer as to why she never told Jon about Littlefinger and the Vale troops. Was it a power move? Is there a chance she chooses Littlefinger over her (half) brother? She likely never fully embraced Jon as a true Stark growing up - especially considering how poorly her mother treated him. Is that perception of him as a "less-than" carrying over into the present day in spite of his recent heroics?
My head will literally explode if she chooses little finger over Jon Snow. Sadly, that may briefly destroy my life.

She clearly never embraced Jon growing up and they had the big apology scene when they reunited. I sense animosity from Sansa more so than jealousy. I didn't get the sense that she'll embrace Jon as the Stark ruler and King of the North (he's always going to be a less-than in her eyes). and (as women typically do) she'll hold a grudge over him for not asking her opinion on the eve of the battle.

However, if it comes to light that Jon is her cousin and not her 'bastard' brother how would that change the relationship dynamic?

The other dynamic at play is both Arrya and Bran would likely side with Jon.

Choosing Littlefinger would not be wise. Littlefinger has 1 army and no allies, unless he gets the Karstarks and Umbers behind him. I dont believe the other north houses would support Sansa/Littlefinger unless they can't get past the Wildling issue. Who would the Tully's ultimately support?

Anyone think the Blackfish is still alive? When Frey mentioned it, Jamie didn't really say anything.

Last edited:
She clearly never embraced Jon growing up and they had the big apology scene when they reunited. I sense animosity from Sansa more so than jealousy. I didn't get the sense that she'll embrace Jon as the Stark ruler and King of the North (he's always going to be a less-than in her eyes). and (as women typically do) she'll hold a grudge over him for not asking her opinion on the eve of the battle.

However, if it comes to light that Jon is her cousin and not her 'bastard' brother how would that change the relationship dynamic?

The other dynamic at play is both Arrya and Bran would likely side with Jon.

Choosing Littlefinger would not be wise. Littlefinger has 1 army and no allies, unless he gets the Karstarks and Umbers behind him. I dont believe the other north houses would support Sansa/Littlefinger unless they can't get past the Wildlings. Who would the Tully's ultimately support?

Anyone think the Blackfish is still alive? When Frey mentioned it, Jamie didn't really say anything.

Sansa is a little scared by her life. I think she will support and use Jon as long as she thinks it serves her interests to be protected. I think Littlefinger makes Sansa feel threaten she may take actions. I think she's had a taste of playing the game and she's not going to allow herself to be compromised again without a fight. I think that will be Sansa's driving motivation. It would be nice to see her and Arya re-unite. Maybe Arya will take care of Littlefinger.

There's not many Wildling warriors left. I do not think they are a threat. Plus the north house already pledge to Stark. What Littlefinger does next with the Tully's is anyone's guess. But I imagine it will be to serve his interests to get the iron throne. He's a big threat to Sansa at this point. I think Sansa fights back first.

Bran is going to get toasted next season and the great wall is coming down. It's not even clear Arya heads north. She may head south to kill Cersei.

I think the Blackfish is really dead. The Starks already control the north. Next season will be about the invasion of the White Walkers, Cersei's downfall, and Deenerys taking back Kings Landing (I think uncontested, I still think Jamie may kill Cersei). Once of my biggest questions for next season is what will the Terrell army do (many still in Kings Landing) with their house leadership being killed by Cersei.

Who would the Tully's ultimately support?

I'm curious to see what happens with the Tully's and Riverrun since the Frey's are now destroyed. Hadn't really thought of it aside from Arya getting sweet revenge but that's a big political occurrence.

I'm curious to see what happens with the Tully's and Riverrun since the Frey's are now destroyed. Hadn't really thought of it aside from Arya getting sweet revenge but that's a big political occurrence.
I think those will be Dany's first real battles. I expect that she will resupply in Dorne and immediately sail to the Iron Islands to fulfill her deal with Yara for the transportation. That should be a relatively easy conquest (dragons alone might do it) which will leave her on the west coast of Westeros. The Dothraki aren't going to want to sail all the way around again, so a land route to Kings Landing will run right through those lands. Although the closest landing is the northern portion of the Lannister's holdings, I think the show will ignore that and first put the invaders in places that we've already seen and that won't take epic ($$) battles to conquer.

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

There's not a prayer that LF could get the Vale army to oppose the Starks unless he kills Royce.

I really don't know where LF's story line goes unless he marries Sansa which is the only piece that could make his bid for the North and later Westeros as strong as it can be.

Cersei's screwed up.

Dorn
+
Tyrells
+
Dany
+
Yara/Theons detachment
---------
Theoretically an army over 200,000 strong and 3 dragons.

The Lannisters should at this point have no more than 25,000 men of their original 60,000 prior to the conflict with the Starks/Riverlands and Baratheons. Accompanied by a couple thousand Kingslanding city watch, they're donezo.

I doubt there will even be a siege/pitched battle

The girl Arya stole the face from to kill Walder Frey, it seems to me killing someone to kill someone else is slightly immoral. I'm watching the final episode again for the fifth time. I just noticed Cersei's handmaiden is the same height as Arya. Just saying.

Watching Cersei give her speech to the nun was strangely satisfying. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.

The girl Arya stole the face from to kill Walder Frey, it seems to me killing someone to kill someone else is slightly immoral.
Arya wouldn't murder an innocent person. I'm guessing she pocketed a few faces on her way out of Sexy Jesus' house.